• Show
Clear All

Very cool build!
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      Very cool build!
      Thanks!

Mini update as I get close to 1000 miles on the engine. I finally got a TPS off a e36 and I think it calmed down my idle a touch. The current when calibrating is more constant where before it would drop a little even with no pedal position change. However my closed throttle number is still higher than the open but Megasquirt still calibrates correctly. Might try looking into lubricating the throttle body because in MS the value doesn't always go to 0% throttle when I lift fully.

Small coolant leak out of one of the sensors in the T Stat housing. Should just need to be tightened but I didn't have anything large enough when I was looking at it. Idle still fluctuates a little but its getting better. Has to be a vacuum leak. With my ear near the intake book I can hear a gurgle sound that is rhythmic with the idle (I think lol)

And I finally got a 7k tach in with correct coding plug so its nice to see the larger range of revs I have available. But my car hits a limiter around 5-5.5k so I have to figure out why. Should be set for 6300.

I'll try to get a couple pictures up later because I forgot my memory card in my camera.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

One tstat sensor tightened but now the other has a good leak. Having a tough time getting anything on it to tighten but hopefully the small turn I got on it will suffice.

Im really hopeful over the next couple weeks Ill have more exciting updates but with how I work, itll be more like over the next couple months.

Nighttime2 by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Comment

Both of these sensors had leaks at different times. Hopefully now they are correctly tightened down and won't have anymore problems coming from them.

When I bought the RHD flywheel I got one of the vTPS from them too thinking it was cheap and why not. It worked ok but the current was never stable when calibrating in megasquirt. So I had sometime the other day and picked up the "standard" vTPS from an e36 in the junkyard. Calibrates fine now with a much more stable signal. And sunroof rust.

My poor block and the carnage it has already seen. Leftover coolant leak residue. It'll wipe off, it's just a tough spot to get to. And you can see one of the portions of the block I taped off when painting thinking something would go there lol.

And my latest problem that was fixed, crank position sensor. Revving up the car had sync loss in megasquirt around 5500 rpms making the datalog look like it was hitting a limiter. Turned out the CPS was dented enough that when the pulley gear ring spun fast enough the CPS read it as a missing tooth when there shouldn't be one. Picked the better one of my black car, so now that's on the things to buy eventually. Bad one on the right.

Comment

Looking good man! I definitely understand given your workspace. That thing will be a blast when you get the bugs worked out.
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Thanks. Its getting there, slowly but surely.

So I went to go do somethings today, heres what was outside the shop...

Chris Forsberg's shop and rig. Pretty awesome to his drift cars all in the shop. Met him too in passing real quick.

And heres how I left my car...

Comment

Numbers are in... only a max HP of 182. Hugely disappointed but the place was optimistic there is still a lot left in the engine. Initial run totally blew so it was nice to see an increase of something. They suggest I need bigger injectors as there wasn't enough fuel higher in the rpm range. That and my fuel filter is probably originally so that cant be helpful. Overall the car is much smoother and feels more responsive during driving.

Comment

nice shots - super details in every shot.
                  91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                  ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

This car has come a long way! Nice to see a m20 build :)
                    '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
                    '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Thanks guys. Hopefully with some larger injectors I'll really have a decent m20 build with the numbers to back it up.

Comment

Little maintenance update...

I replaced the front brake rotors and pads with UUC slotted rotors and some ceramic pads they were running a special on. I also replaced my intake boot that I thought may have had a small crack or at least the beginning of one and I replaced the fuel filter. I want to slowly go through my fuel delivery system to aid in flow for the engine when I eventually get the larger injectors.

I have rear pads and rotors too but never got around to switching them out. I also wanted to do a valve adjustment but I'm putting that off for another day hopefully this week.

The front rotors had the locating bolt or whatever its called already stripped out on both sides. I just drilled it out because there was no way to get out. Just the head of the bolt came off so there were still a couple thread length sticking out to locate the new rotors on with. Also when digging around under the car I noticed the sway bar link lost a nut and was sliding out. Chances are the adjustable part is not adjusted right but I put a nut on it so its together and that's all that matters right now.

Parts by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Old Rotor by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

New Rotor by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Sway Link by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah .... that endlink was setup pretty wonky. Let me know when you want to get in and fix it.
                          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                            Yeah .... that endlink was setup pretty wonky. Let me know when you want to get in and fix it.
                            I might have to take you up on that.

Little update, more of having fun with the car than working on it. I went to the CCA autocross novice session the other weekend and had a blast. I even signed up for a points session in a couple weeks.

Comment

Been doing alittle. Daily driving and cruising, trying to take pictures. I hit up a junkyard I hadn't been to in a long time and was able to find a nice rear bumper so I grabbed that to put on. Another Autocross with the CCA this weekend, should be a good time. Theres also a cars and coffee going along with it so hopefully I can walk around that if I get some down time.

Lighthouse2 by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Hood2 by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Side View by Nick Reichart, on Flickr

Comment

awesome how did you like auto crossing?

-
                                Project
                                Parts for Sale
                                Feedback
                                YouTube Channel

Comment