No announcement yet.

2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see a rough early model getting some love. I've been driving around a total beater for the last 5 years and I'm finally at the point where I can start fixing it up again. Seems like we share a lot of common goals with our cars :up:

But those square headlights... maybe an acquired taste haha

Comment

I did a little work. Had to put in the Christmas score. I got new ground cables from BavRest. Pretty solid construction and they fit right in to place as expected. I can't notice any difference but there really shouldn't be any. Peace of mind I guess.

And I also got a set of Pioneer speakers and tweeters with a cross over box. I replaced my rear premiums with those. Definitely louder but not a ton. I had to switch to using an aux instead of my usb cable and that helped with the sound too. Overall Im satisfied and even thinking about grabbing another set to replace the front speakers.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastEta View Post
        Good to see a rough early model getting some love. I've been driving around a total beater for the last 5 years and I'm finally at the point where I can start fixing it up again. Seems like we share a lot of common goals with our cars :up:

But those square headlights... maybe an acquired taste haha
        The goal is to no longer have it called rough lol. And the headlights I like running because people hate them. I don't mind them at all.

Comment

Month and a half long update. Not much has happened recently though. I moved the CPS closer and that cleared up all stutter problems so the car revs nicely to 7k now. But power still isn't where I want, shop says not enough air flow/pulls vacuum above 5k. Idk if I agree with everything they say but oh well still drives great. I've just been trying to make it through winter in one piece now, although I did almost cave when I test drove a 2011 wrx hatch.

I sold the black e30 I had sitting around for awhile so I have a couple extra dollars burning a hole in my pocket but I cant decide on what to get next so its in the savings account now. Once I find out my future if I get into a grad school then itll be spending time. I broke the ignition cylinder (it jammed and wouldn't turn) so that's been the only thing Ive changed. I did help my friend put a blowoff valve on his ST. That obnoxious noise almost makes me want a turbo car... almost.

Comment

Very nice light painting

Comment

Thanks! It was my first time trying it and it was a spur of the moment thing in chilly weather. I couldn't feel my toes or fingers by the end of it.

Comment

Time for my sporadic update. The car had a lot done to it lately but still has some issue. I replaced the crank hub because the woodruff key was messed up and started to wear the crank down. Somehow I didn't destroy the engine but eventually it did slip a couple teeth worth of timing and wouldn't start anymore.

Besides that I put a new variable TPS in and that helped with some throttle feel. The old one was a junkyard part and was dying. And a new M42 radiator was added but the drain screw rubs the power steering pump so thatll lead to catastrophic failure soon if I don't do something about it. Thinking manual z3 type rack to remove the pump and pulley. To go with the radiator I added in an aux Spal Fan as a pusher and got rid of the mechanical stock fan.

Also my tires were showing cords so Im back on bottlecaps until I find a new set of wheels or just go buy new tires. And I bought a jeep xj Cherokee that will become a new daily for me. Looking back a lot has happened since early March lol.

Comment

Why are your fogs crooked?? Fix them!!!

Id strongly recommend against the Z3 rack if you are going manual, Ive heard its a bad combo. Standard E36 rack with no power seems to be a good combo. I would start by going manual on the E30 rack, then upgrading after.

Also, have you considered getting the 88 diving board bumper shocks? Adds a small tuck with the gas shock retained. or just tuck the ones you have now
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Theyre most aerodynamic at a slight angle...

I had a little spin off the road by some surprise ice/snow last month and never straightened them back up. Only one works since like February so theyre turned off anyways.

I only thought about a rack swap to get the pump out since it was rubbing the radiator drain when the engine shakes a little. Standard e36 is an option too!

And ive never wanted to tuck these. I had one e30 that the bumpers were painted black and tucked and that looked good but Im not a big fan of tucked chrome. Euro bumpers would be my preference but Ive been dragging my feet with purchasing a set.

Comment

Your bumpers suit your car spot on! Love the profile
                      Continuous For Sale Thread
                      323i s50

Comment

Big update guys... my fog lights are no longer crooked.

Ive done a few things since the last update. Had to replace the clutch slave since the old one blew out. Probably replaced another CPS . Car still stuutttters above 5k rpm but run pretty nice below. Even did a 1300 mile round trip drive to North Carolina for the Vintage. That was a good time meeting a bunch of people from here. Anyways, heres a few pictures and my actual big update.

Panda Junction PreMeet. Just a couple local cars.

A friends S2K and my e30 in the background next to another friends ST. I don't take pictures of my car at shows anymore.

Bunch of guys got together to hang out and I took pics of everyones car in front of the water.

Heading to the Vintage.

Vintage Camping site.

Lovely background for a great show.

And the real goods. AC Schnitzer 16x7.5 with Dunlop Direzza Star Specs in 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

And the real goods. AC Schnitzer 16x7.5 with Dunlop Direzza Star Specs in 225/45.

this looks great! thank you for fixing the crooked fogs. feels good doesnt it
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

just read this whole thing AWESOME. i have an 87 eta and something similar to this always has been the goal.
                            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Love the new wheels

-
                              Project
                              Parts for Sale
                              Feedback
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                this looks great! thank you for fixing the crooked fogs. feels good doesnt it
                                Its ok I suppose... :p Now I just need to get the driver side one to work.

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                                just read this whole thing AWESOME. i have an 87 eta and something similar to this always has been the goal.
                                Thanks! Its definitely a work in progress that has taken way longer than expected but its also been a lot of fun to work on.

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                                Love the new wheels
                                Thank man. The tires are fantastic too and grip forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X