No announcement yet.

2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit 7 years of ownership. Install a voltmeter in place of the fader switch. That photo is still on my camera. But the car and myself are on our way back to Montana where it's already snowy so don't expect any more updates until late March or April. Hopefully I will go to an early season autocross or something.

Looks good wet.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I wish I could keep a car for that long lol... congrats on 7, I’m sure it will be a around for a lot longer
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I wish I could keep a car for that long lol... congrats on 7, I’m sure it will be a around for a lot longer
        Ehh, was a daily, then sat for awhile, now a weekend nice weather car. The only things that could change me to get rid of it would be a clean early shell or a clean affordable wagon.

Comment

Trying to get into making car videos so I made one of my e30. Happy I can stitch clips together and add music. Shaky, yes. Done on a GoPro. Keep checking in, hopefully I improve this year. Go to Youtube, please give me views there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHwNKXawJHM

Comment

View given, wondering what that white stuff is, as it's 70F back in MD.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              View given, wondering what that white stuff is, as it's 70F back in MD.
              Sweet, thank you. Just trying to get that 80s feel with some white powdery stuff everywhere

Comment

Where are you getting the beats from?... seems all the good YouTubers have dope beats
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Where are you getting the beats from?... seems all the good YouTubers have dope beats
                  The YT audio library I'd assume, there are some good things there.

Comment

I had some free trial to a website called Epidemic. I think it will bite me in the ass eventually though. A subscription to them provides licensed music but I imagine once I stop paying the subscription they can block the videos for copyright.

Comment

Watched. Liked. Cool video! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

I had some free trial to a website called Epidemic. I think it will bite me in the ass eventually though. A subscription to them provides licensed music but I imagine once I stop paying the subscription they can block the videos for copyright.
                        I use this App called KineMaster on my iPad and since I’m not using any fancy hardware it’s all relatively easy to use and it includes some free music and sound fx, but I can also draw music in from my iTunes also. Haven’t really used much music yet because I ramble too much lol
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                          Watched. Liked. Cool video! Thanks for sharing.
                          Thanks! Hope to make some longer videos in the near future.

I use this App called KineMaster on my iPad and since I’m not using any fancy hardware it’s all relatively easy to use and it includes some free music and sound fx, but I can also draw music in from my iTunes also. Haven’t really used much music yet because I ramble too much lol
                          My rambling videos will come soon. I'm aiming to get one video out every Tuesday so we will see how that goes. Tried to record changing the brakes on the truck but haven't looked at the footage yet. Probably just a two minute time lapse of me struggling to get the caliper off haha.

Comment

If one color could be 50 shades of grey it would be an E30 lachs.

Thanks for the effort of using a nice camera. Its refreshing for the eyes.

Looking forward for more progress and E30 life updates!

Best photo in thread:

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                              If one color could be 50 shades of grey it would be an E30 lachs.

Thanks for the effort of using a nice camera. Its refreshing for the eyes.

Looking forward for more progress and E30 life updates!

Best photo in thread:
                              Thanks. The clearcoat was mostly gone when I bought the car so I've spent almost no time trying to detail it or revive the paint. Almost wrapped it blue awhile ago but some other things came up.

That photo is also right after the 2.9L swap. Wish that engine could have last longer but oh well.

Comment

Did you find out what was wrong? Most fresh engines or swaps I do get all new sensors and maintenance items.

I remember seeing the crank key got messed up. If that 300 Ftlbs red loctite crank bolt comes loose itll chew up the key way effecting timing. Along with the 6 balancer bolts.

I really want to see it hit 200HP, I love the M20.

Dynojet will read higher that dyno dynamics, which is on of the lowest reading numbers. But it really comes down to how it performs. That 2.8 crank is alot heavier than the 2.7 eta crank also.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X