No announcement yet.

2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately never did figure it out. Kinda ran out of time but all the parts were saved. Honestly after not finding anything destroyed on teardown, made me feel as if it was a tune/electrical issue. I imagine that could have lead to some slight knocking without major visible damage. I do plan sometime in the near future to have all the parts checked and a rebuild shaped out. If enough is reusable, I will stick with built M20.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Pinging sometimes can be felt at peak torque if the tune is to much for the fuel.

Did it knock? Or ping?

Go back together with an oil pan baffle! Summer is near! :)

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Definitely a knock. Much louder than a knock. My student lifestyle prevents any severe mechanic work from happening for at least the next six months.

Comment

Some person on Facebook said we should update our threads. While I think trucks threads are where it's at, I did take some photos of the e30 this weekend. Someday I'll put a real coat of paint on my front valance. I do kind of want to build a little splitter for it. You know, that thin black material cut to shape to stick out 1-2 inches. I don't even know what it's called. But someday. Also, think I might need some type of ducting to funnel more air through. I have noticed my temp gauge sits just a bit higher with this valance compared to the stock chin valance. Curse younger me, putting on a m42 radiator and e-fan because the integrated reservoir looked cooler/cleaner.

Comment

Awesome photo! I'd love to find a location like that. I've been stuck in a rut of parking lots and parking garages lately.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
              Awesome photo! I'd love to find a location like that. I've been stuck in a rut of parking lots and parking garages lately.
              That's funny because right before this, I was at the parking garage haha. Lot of new construction happening on the edge of town so there are a lot of empty dead ends and culdesac areas with nice views.

Comment

Little trip to cars and coffee last weekend...

Gallatin Valley cars and coffee March 28th 2021 - YouTube

Comment

Went to a couple car shows this weekend. My batteries dies a lot so frequent drives are needed to keep it charged up. Once it warms up a bit more I'll go probing around looking for a parasitic draw. Also my wipers don't work. I pulled the relay and put it back on and then tightened the nuts of the blades and that made them work. But then the next day, they no longer worked, wack. Photos from April 9th and 10th. Yes, it snowed in April.

Comment

i have really enjoyed reading this thread! keep up the great work, wish you was still in the bay area as i am planning on visiting California in a few months and the bay was on my roadtrip! could have bought you euro parts

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
                      i have really enjoyed reading this thread! keep up the great work, wish you was still in the bay area as i am planning on visiting California in a few months and the bay was on my roadtrip! could have bought you euro parts
                      Nice to hear some international traveling may be happening soon. I'm full on euro parts, not sure what else I would want to add right now.

Comment

Trying to link in a new youtube video going to cars and coffee a couple weeks ago. Let's see if it works...

Comment

Had the car of the month feature for May, thanks to 2mAn for setting that up. I wanted to share some of the photos here just for continuity. And I made a little vlog of taking the photos and going to some cars and coffees that day. Video is just linked so you have to go to my page to see it and not just imbedded, mwahaha. Enjoy!

Comment

Signed up and competed in my first autocross event in about six years. A lot has changed with the car including going back to a stock M20B25 engine. And switched up the front suspension and steering rack to the Z3 rack with manual PS and the Dunlop Star Specs II tires. I think that is most of the changes. Was put into the STX class so I guess that's what I'm spec'd for, no clue there. I will make a video about it eventually but I'm slow to put those together. Definitely need better brake feel and to wire up my tach so I know how close to redline I am. Tight course, probably could have stayed in 1st for all of it but would switch up where I shifted to 2nd throughout my different runs.

Run 1: 80.284
                            Run 2: 72.621
                            Run 3: 69.492
                            Run 4: 68.348
                            Run 5: 68.129
                            Run 6: 66.811 + 1 cone
                            Run 7: 66.648

Comment

That would be a crazy autox course to allow you to stay in 1st, yet also be about a minute in duration.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                That would be a crazy autox course to allow you to stay in 1st, yet also be about a minute in duration.
                                It looped three times. So first go was around the outside counterclockwise, then you redo the first half but then turn sharp inside to cut across and then you get back to basically the beginning and do the outside clockwise. Very confusing to try to explain. A lot of people got lost and had DNF's, hence my first time being way slow just trying to learn the course.

They gave out course maps so maybe I will try to scan that and upload it.

Comment

Working...
                                X