Econti's Lazurblau 318is twin builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So!

I did rear subframe bushings with Superpro stuff (huge difference but look like a weird sex toy)

I also installed a shortened sump so I won't toast it when I try rallying
    I am aware that a bolt is missing, it has been rectified but I may convert the whole thing to bolt and nut rather than shitty threaded aluminium

And I also had some manifolds delivered.

Intake is big dollar custom that I bought used. 60mm GM throttle

Exhaust is a little more budget which I bought second hand but unused. Wastegate design isn't the greatest but it's very difficult to fit in the space.
    Gate is a 38mm TiAL

sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Ksports are in to replace the garbage JOMs that it had

Superpro, I'm not impressed.
      Rear sway bar bushing that's meant to be 12mm. It's even stamped 12mm. Inside diameter: 10mm. Cheers for that one.
      Stock ones went back in.

Coils are Ksport Kontrol Pros (I think that's how it is). Second hand with 1000km or something, and a whole bunch cheaper than new so what gives

Excuse potato tier pics

And then this happened on the first fucking driveway I went into.
      Wheels turned, creeping in, just grabbed it.
      Well shit.

sigpic

Comment

Bummer about fender. Rubber mallet may help.

Awesome Intake manifold btw.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

Love the paint job!
          (OO=[][]=OO)
          "I Have Become Comfortably Numb"
          -Pink Floyd

Comment

Nice Color!

Looks Like a nice paint job and a well taken care of car!
            (OO=[][]=OO)
            "I Have Become Comfortably Numb"
            -Pink Floyd

Comment

Nice project, good to see some of my parts making it to others cars. I Wouldn't call the exhaust manifold Unused though haha, maybe unused from the guy who bought it off me. Since it was mine originally and I ran it for about 5000km's before parting my car out. Made 220whp on 8psi so you know and the ceramic coating is good for over 1200deg ;)

Turbo M42 Build thread:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
                Nice project, good to see some of my parts making it to others cars. I Wouldn't call the exhaust manifold Unused though haha, maybe unused from the guy who bought it off me. Since it was mine originally and I ran it for about 5000km's before parting my car out. Made 220whp on 8psi so you know and the ceramic coating is good for over 1200deg ;)
                Well, he said it was unused.
                What turbo were you running?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                  Well, he said it was unused.
                  What turbo were you running?
                  I was using a Trust T517z with 8cm Rear. Similar to a Garret 2871 just non ball bearing. My old build thread is in my signature, feel free to read through that.

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
                    I was using a Trust T517z with 8cm Rear. Similar to a Garret 2871 just non ball bearing. My old build thread is in my signature, feel free to read through that.
                    Do you rate it? I was going to go GTX2860 but I might have to modify the manifold to make it work. So if the T17z is good I might just rock one of them
                    sigpic

Comment

I learned some new things from this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                        Do you rate it? I was going to go GTX2860 but I might have to modify the manifold to make it work. So if the T17z is good I might just rock one of them
                        The T517z was fantastic. Although not ball bearing it spooled very well and was a nice linear torque curve. I would definitely recommend it.

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

So.
                          Not a post I ever wanted to make.

On the morning of the 14th, I was woken up by my father who said a tree had fallen on my car.
                          Walked out to find this.

Situation is a truck came flogging around the corner, hit the branch of the tree with his container.
                          Container ripped the branch (35cm diameter) right off, and threw it 5m forwards onto the car.

It hit directly on the C pillar, leaving it looking like this.

The roof has been pulled down in that corner.

The quarter panel also suffered this.

Two panel beaters have seen the car, one quoted 10k for repair and the other quoted 15k.
                          The entire roof would need to be replaced, along with that quarter panel from about the top of the back wheel arch.

The bonnet also has dents, so the entire car would need a respray.

Currently assessing my options, but right now I don't hold much hope for this car ever being repaired. Insurance does not value it enough.

2 years of work, gone. All the memories that I had in this thing... Picking it up 1000km away and flogging back home at 3am on empty highways, driving home from work looking baller with windows down and tunes up, late night runs on my local windy road, all gone.
                          And it wasn't even my fault.
                          It didn't die a glorious death on a race track. Some fuck who doesn't know how tall his truck is was the cause.

If you're reading this, go and give your car some love.
                          Wash it. Go for a nice drive at sunset. Fix that part you've been meaning to. Take some more photos.
                          You never know when it will all be over
                          sigpic

Comment

that really sucks.

Comment

yep, sorry to say that's dead :(

HUGE job to replace the turret with C pillar and side panel, most likely the bracing underneath it is all bent as well. You would basically need to transplant the roof off another car with pillars.. Would be less work re-shelling it and painting it. You would have to do a full respray anyway after repairing that.
                              Boris - 89 E30 325i
                              84- E30 323i

Comment

Wow that's fucking tragic.

I would assume the truck's insurance should pay out for your car?

This makes me feel less like a paranoid nutjob for cutting a bunch of dead looking branches off the tree in front of my house that hung over my driveway and where I park on the street.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X