325ix Touring From Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wille30 View Post
    Thanks! I only use it for trips really, so it doesn't see much salt, and I wash the underside regularly as well. Sorry I was on Vacation last week so I couldnt get back to you right away, it was on Max...another just sold on Max a few months ago in Newmarket, I think the guy who purchased it has some pretty big plans for it.
    Yeah I missed out on that one.
    Keep me in mind for this one. If you ever want to sell it please check in with me first.
    Originally Posted by mpowerful
    Ive been looking at this thread ever since it got posted and every time I do my peepee tingles a little.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1991 Alpinweiß Sedan.... mah mistress. <-click :pimp:

Comment

Got some good use out of the wagon this summer! I didn't do as much work to it as I wanted to. But I was able to fix some parts of the body up. I still have LOTS to do before winter, which is of course when I decide to do it rather than when it's 25 degrees and sunny.

Some Rust spots I sand blasted

After some Priming and painting it looks okay! I don't know what I'm doing really, but I used an airbrush to do the touch ups after I blasted and primed. Seemed to work well without much over spray. I still have to buff, but that may wait for warmer weather. And I have no idea what that light is that is hanging to the right of the trunk button.

Patched a hole in the valance where someone ran over something a number of years ago and a dent turned into a rust hole. I'm no bodyman, but I didn't have to body fill it and I don't think its THAT noticeable.

A patch I made that fit

Tacked in

Hail

Done!

Roof Tent was amazing. We used it at some festivals (Wayhome) over the summer as well as some camping. It was amazingly easy to set up and didn't damage my rain gutters

Change room at the beach

Camping beer

Folded up roof tent, pretty tall and probably hurts mileage....but worth it I think.

Roof tent also comes in handy so people who had a long night can stay out of the sun.

This weekend I'm taking it to Detroit to see Detroit (any tips?) and over the winter break I'm taking it down to New Orleans. I just want to replace my fuel lines and I have a new rad I want to drop in as well. Other than that I think its ready for the journey.

Comment

Well...It made a 5500 Km (3400 Miles). Toronto--->New Orleans-->Charelston-->Ashville--->Toronto. 2 weeks and no issues!

Some pics of the car getting super dirty along the way (don't want to wash off the luck).

Leaving my brothers house after picking up some supplies

Lots of Bourbon to be tasted here

Tour line was too long so we just went to Barton Distillery instead and was not disappointed.

Native man that I'm pretty sure used his spirit to eject a candy I was choking on out of my throat

Alabama

our first southern destination state. No pictures here, I wasn't doing much driving in NOLA

Beach along the gulf

Fort Morgan to Douphin Island Ferry

Savannah Georgia

North Carolina

We took the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville to where ever we decided to take the interstate in Virginia... It was beautiful!

Went out to a ranch in Boone for some horse back riding

Glad I still had my snow tires on for some parts

Nice scenery in West Virginia

Washing 2 weeks of filth off the car

Back in the driveway (the oil drips are from the rust proofing)

All in all it was a great trip! Lots of beer, BBQ and boiled peanuts. I highly recommend people do a road trip in their E30. It was a great road trip car. Although I packed a spare starter, alt, belts and fuel pump they all came home in the same box I packed them in. The only downside is the Canadian dollar is worthless now and the trip cost MUCH more than it should have.

Comment

Beautiful car! I live in the area and make excuses to drive by it

Comment

Awesome trip and awesome car!
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Great road trip!

Comment

Amazing car, and fantastic trip! Makes me want to get out and start wrenching on mine so I can take it on cross country trips.
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Awesome!!!
                  My dream is to take an e30 road trip. Wana go to nova scotia and back to Toronto.

Need to bring the car uo to snuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cooked View Post
                    Beautiful car! I live in the area and make excuses to drive by it
                    No Way! Do you have an E30 as well? I see quite a few around Toronto. I was riding up Crawford and I saw 2 parked the other day.

Originally posted by Oldskoole34 View Post
                    Awesome!!!
                    My dream is to take an e30 road trip. Wana go to nova scotia and back to Toronto.

Need to bring the car uo to snuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    East Coast is Great! I have never made it to Newfoundland though. I have never heard a single person say it wasn't amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoole34 View Post
                      Awesome!!!
                      Send me a PM if you come to Hali, E30 scene around here is only like 6 people strong.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

more pics

of gf ;D
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I think I saw you in the Ikea parking lot today! Awesome to see an E30 out there on DD duties!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Hey, you're local!

I'm in Hamilton. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wille30 View Post
                              No Way! Do you have an E30 as well? I see quite a few around Toronto. I was riding up Crawford and I saw 2 parked the other day.
                              '91 318i also in alpine white!

I've seen a handful of them around. Only seen one other touring though, a green one on Dundas west last week

Comment

Working...
                              X