No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed this little that today. Looks nice. Super small, but enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      This fancy plug is fancy.
      Oh man, maybe I didn't look back far enough to see this, but where did you get this fancy plug for the temp switch? Mine is just in shambles and I'd really like to replace it!
      2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
        Oh man, maybe I didn't look back far enough to see this, but where did you get this fancy plug for the temp switch? Mine is just in shambles and I'd really like to replace it!
        The switch repair kit is on ECS. Took me forever to find the proper one and I'm happy to provide the info. Plug repair kit PN: 61132359998 Aux Fan PN: 61318376440 I found the plug on Bimmerworld.com for like 25.

Comment

Hey nice work on the exhaust and Megasquirt installs, that's no small feat. I dig the color you chose for the headers a lot, I'm hoping to go through a similar process with my down pipe and wish that color was available at my local spot :).

What is the chase bays reservoir you added? Almost looks like a catch can, but I don't see the lines hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
            Hey nice work on the exhaust and Megasquirt installs, that's no small feat. I dig the color you chose for the headers a lot, I'm hoping to go through a similar process with my down pipe and wish that color was available at my local spot :). What is the chase bays reservoir you added? Almost looks like a catch can, but I don't see the lines hooked up.
            It is a puny little windshield washer fluid reservoir. Like 20oz. When I was working on the car I realized the old one was leaking and when I took it out I though "look at all this to for activities!" And so decided to just get a nice little one that looks nice. Haha! It honestly does look like more than it is.

Comment

Hey nice work on the exhaust and Megasquirt installs, that's no small feat. I dig the color you chose for the headers a lot, I'm hoping to go through a similar process with my down pipe and wish that color was available at my local spot :). What is the chase bays reservoir you added? Almost looks like a catch can, but I don't see the lines hooked up.
              Honestly has far as the color goes, if they use cerakote then it's simply a combination of two colors. I googled "cerakote glacier colors" and the third imagine is a list of percentages used to create other certain colors. I'm planning on doing the valve cover in ceramic as well just don't know what color yet.

Comment

Good to know on the color! That's a sweet washer fluid res, I removed mine years ago but wouldn't mind having it back now. Now you'll have room for wasted spark or a boost controller when the time comes ;).

Comment

Good to know on the color! That's a sweet washer fluid res, I removed mine years ago but wouldn't mind having it back now. Now you'll have room for wasted spark or a boost controller when the time comes ;).
                  That's literally my same thought! Haha

Comment

Had a little issue with my CPS, so I just decided to spring for an OEM version. 170 dollars later, I got a fancy bag and a nice metal CPS. Car was driving as if it didn't have enough fuel or was cutting. I found out this was because I didn't have the TPS tied to my acceleration enrichment. So I turned it on and car finally drove as it should, to a degree. I then felt comfortable enough to finally drive it to get a car wash which was nice! Got into 5th gear and everything!! I have to tweak my fuel tables at cruising cause it is sitting around 15 AFR and I'm not looking for fuel economy, so probably shoot for maybe high 13. I am happy and excited to start into the drivability portion of this build finally. I also have a few goodies showing up in the mail as well.

Comment

Great news on the TPS.
                      Any reason you want to be 13 AFR at cruise? 15 sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        Great news on the TPS. Any reason you want to be 13 AFR at cruise? 15 sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
                        The car feels and sounds healthier around low 14s or so from what I've noticed. I think I'll probably shoot for like a mid 14.

Comment

I added the thicker guibo to my ix a little bit ago and didnt have a chance to post about it. It was kind of a pain in the ass because of the Revshift guibo. It came with aluminum sleeves for m8 bolts, but the guibo needs m10. I had to drill out each sleeve to be an m10. I got everything back together and it drives fine. I personally don't notice a difference, but I like the idea of preserving my driveshaft spline and that's good. Oh I also had to trim the x5 centering pin because it was too long by maybe 10mm.

Comment

I also made the decision to go buy a 1974 Honda CB200 twin. Super fun and probably gonna take up a lot of time as well. Is fun to drive, but needs some love as a lot of stuff is original.

Comment

Nice CB!! I had to block it out of my head to buy another bike project! I recall helping a friend on his cb550 timing was a super tedious, and of course tuning carbs is always fun. I just had to rejet both my mini's for the extreme heat we've been having. It really makes you appreciate EFI when you're in a rush and just want to ride!!
                              89 325i 4dr s52
                              02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                              21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                                Nice CB!! I had to block it out of my head to buy another bike project! I recall helping a friend on his cb550 timing was a super tedious, and of course tuning carbs is always fun. I just had to rejet both my mini's for the extreme heat we've been having. It really makes you appreciate EFI when you're in a rush and just want to ride!!
                                Dude that's awesome. I'm hoping it can get me to and from work once that starts happening again. Then take the IX out in the winter season when needed. I also don't know much of anything about carbs or bikes in general so this will also be a learning experience. Any advice is always welcome! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X