No announcement yet.

All this work for 200hp....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The previous owner might have been doing an outdoors welding job - some people will use flux core with gas to double up on the shielding. It doesn't work that great because the flux gasses coming from the core are meant to react to oxygen, which will be unavailable with the co2/ar, so some of the chemicals may end up contaminating the weld. There is, however, a flux core wire called "dual shield" that is meant to assist with shielding in windy areas.

I have always just used a board of some sort to minimize the breeze and turn the gas up a little on the regulator.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^ yeah, that's what i figured via the google machine and yeah i like your approach more.
      -------------------------

e30 update:

I finally had time to put in the chasebays reservoir. Here's a side-by-side of the two reservoirs, the reservoir was replaced with new during my swap and as you can see it's been puking a lot from the cap breather.

and one from the top

unfortunately that's the only update for now. I was hoping to do more but I've been having issues with the daily.

e39 wagon update:

so fuel pump went out on me. I replaced the fuel pump relay first thinking it was that, the location is pretty stupid (behind the glove box) but turns out the e39 fuel pump is just so quiet compared to the fuel pump in my e30. I got some china lifetime warranty pump from o'reilly's because I needed something immediately, not proud, but lifetime isn't so bad.

while I had the back seats out, I decided I should put in the rear seats I pulled over a year ago from a local part-out. I believe these were dyed, but he did a pretty good job, but the plastic trim near the seat belts need a refresher. Also the headrests aren't in great shape, but ultimately I think they're better than the grey ones I had in there prior.

Same thing goes with the front seats. (not the best, but good enough for now). Wish I had time to swap the carpet, but I have work in a few hours. Did as best I could in the given time to vacuum inside and clean the carpet up.

and finally

The headrests are electronic, not sure what combination of seats these are, but they look like 7 series headrests if i'm not mistaken. either way I think it looks wayy better for now. Hopefully nothing else needs to be replaced on this thing for a while so I can dump more moneys into the e30.
      89 325i 4dr s52
      02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily)
      15' Honda Grom

Comment

so this past week was the annual SEMA show here in Las Vegas. I worked a gig for a tire event about 80 miles out of vegas on Tuesday, and I tried to go on Wednesday and then this happened.

I suddenly lost power as i was approaching the strip. I swear the e39 HATES ME. Totally sucked, towing from the strip is extra expensive but luckily there was a cat-bus area i could push the car into. As soon as I got home, I tested the battery and it was at 8.9v, so i took it to O'reilly's and they ended up replacing it for free. I did a lot of other things like check the fuel pump wiring, checked fuel pressure, tested coils, did a compression test, cleaned MAF, serviced AFE intake filter, and replaced the spark plugs. Turned the car on, thought everything was good to go and went to sleep thinking I could hit the show Thursday. Thursday morning comes along and I backed out the car to find out I had no power steering. Noticed a trail of PS fluid on my driveway and pulled it back in. Opened the hood and found my belts had broke and wrapped around the PS pump bending and cracking the pump support bracket.

Upon inspecting the damage, I found out I needed to replace the alternator idler pulley and the tensioner pulley (as they both had 1.5-2mm of play). I'm not sure why this happened since all these were replaced prior to the m54b30 swap. So I hopped online and ordered from 2 belts, two pulleys, and next day aired them. I found a PS pump bracket locally from a 328i (same part #). Pelican has the fastest shipping to vegas, I wanted to order from FCP for the warranty but it would have cost more money and it wouldn't guarantee arrival. I tried to borrow a family members car to go to the show on thursday but unfortunately that didn't work out. I refuse to drive the e30 anywhere near the strip. Lots of break-ins or thefts there and I don't want insurance totaling it out for stupid shit. I literally only take it out to the speedway and back home and maybe an occasional meet. I ended up getting a car for Friday so I headed out to the show, and checked my security cams to see when the package got delivered. I was there from 8a-3pm, and holy crap I don't know how people did 4 days straight, my legs are still hurting. Installed everything when I got home and it runs great again.....I really don't trust it since I have no idea why it happened in the first place, but I was super close to taking out a loan to buy a new truck. I really hate getting stuck and basically without a reliable daily. The car is so fun to drive though on the other hand....I'm just glad it didn't break down on me on Tuesday when I drove out of Vegas.
        ---------------------
        e30:

Today I guess my curiosity got the best of me....I took out the jam nut on the AKG solid fcabs.

hopefully no more b*tching and complaining about caster from me for a while now. I'll post up some pics from sema maybe tomorrow. It's been an exhausting week.
        Last edited by s14brent; 11-10-2019, 01:23 AM.
        89 325i 4dr s52
        15' Honda Grom

Comment

some pics from SEMA as promised:

89 325i 4dr s52
          15' Honda Grom

Comment

Those are some good choices! Not one Supra either! That AE e36 M3 is so perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              Those are some good choices! Not one Supra either! That AE e36 M3 is so perfect.
              So that LTW was part of Paul Walkers collection and will be at Barrett Jackson in PHX next month for auction, and yeah sema had too many supras!! I just shot Supras In Vegas last month with Steph Papadakis, so I have had more than enough Supra's for a while. The only one that really stuck out to me was the one inside the GREDDY booth, but probably because it was setup more for race/drift. Plus the engine bay was tits.

89 325i 4dr s52
              15' Honda Grom

Comment

Yes that is an art piece!

Comment

Working...
                X