No announcement yet.

Laguna DD/Weekend Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got a new ecu, along with a turner chip, and some green top injectors. I’m pretty sure I have a leak in one of my new injectors though. Little bit of a rough start if it’s been sitting, but I’ll get some replacements in. So once that’s done it will be sitting real pretty.

Comment

So....pfffft I’ve made some progress, but not enough. Here’s where we are. Waiting on parts still.
      Attached Files

Comment

Few more cause it’s been a bit.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here’s how it’s looking.
          I used an e90 euro brake booster and the adapters. I used an e90 clevis pin and clip and tossed the spring. Bolts in perfectly.

Comment

Here’s how the brake booster turned out. I flipped the master cylinder on the booster so the vacuum line popped right in. I used the e90 clevis pin and tossed the spring. Pictures show you all the extra clearance. Just had to bend the lines a little. Super easy swap. Now I just have to hunt down an engine.

Comment

I used an e90 euro booster, and these adapters. Here’s pics of the part number, and it compared to the e30 booster. I leave no mysteries.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cool to see the torch stay lit, keep it up!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by onlyindef View Post
                  I used an e90 euro booster...
                  How do you like the boost level of the new booster? Does it give more assist or how is the feel?

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post

How do you like the boost level of the new booster? Does it give more assist or how is the feel?
                    So not everyone is going to like this answer. It feels stock, not like an e30. I’ve never driven an E90 that’s like 300lbs lighter and with some aggressive pads and rotors, but...um I expect this is how it feels.

It will stop the car. I always heard solid quality on oem e30 brakes was supposed to be able to make it skirt skirt really easily, but that wasn’t where I was. I’ve driven a couple e30s and I’ve never been super impressed with the brakes...like they weren’t ever bad. Idk if it was just wrong pads or something but I just never got the wow with any oem setup I’ve been in. I also didn’t want the it just slams to a halt 4 pot willwood setup I’ve been in a few times. I remember this Miata where it would brake in a violent fashion like at a touch. I understand why, but that’s not an enjoyable experience for a street car...and I know like at that point it can be adjusted.

the e90 booster feels natural with a normal car onset. It will stop when you press the pedal, and it will do it quickly. I don’t feel a huge bias in any direction. I wouldn’t be scared to let someone drive it and have a fear that the brakes would be tricky or odd. It natural. Now I don’t track it, and it’s only ever been stomped down a handful of times, but I have zero complaints about stopping ability. The only thing I would have done differently is have gotten e46 m3 calipers and rotors up front...and that’s more just for the bling factor. I’m sure it would be excellent for a track setup with a really linear onset a definitive “bite point”.

I will add the caveat that I also have ABS still. I’m not sure how it would go without it. I don’t think it would be to much different minus knowing it’s your fault for that flat spot.

Now I don’t know how it would feel on a 4 lug setup. I would be interested in that for anyone using one of these boosters for a swap.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyindef View Post
                      ... I just never got the wow with any oem setup I’ve been in.
                      Outstanding reply and feedback. I feel the same way about stock e30 brakes. They do the job, but I don't get a performance feel out of them like I do the rest of the car. They work and don't fade in the moderately hard driving I do. But I want more.

I've been considering a brake master & booster retrofit for a while and I think your post just convinced me to do it.

Comment

i swapped to ix booster with wilwoods up front and with new fluid those feel great. The benefit was the part didnt have to be modified to work
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                        X