Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M42 Touring -92 // bagged + turbo build thread ** #119 Dyno 593hp/611nm @hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krisu View Post
    haha yes i remember your burnout, that might be a good idea too have you already installed oil cooler to yours?
    Not yet, but i'm planning to do a PWM controlled oil pump that sucks oil straight from oil pan and sends it to the cooler, and then back to oil pan.
    Should be a fairy simple system.
    Dunno why, but im not really a fan of those oli filter housing systems.
    -89 e30 320i brillantrot m42b20 turbo, street / timeattack
    -97 e36 316iAlpinweiß III Winterbeater

Comment

Originally posted by JuusoIemel View Post
      Not yet, but i'm planning to do a PWM controlled oil pump that sucks oil straight from oil pan and sends it to the cooler, and then back to oil pan.
      I actually have a plate that eliminates the entire factory filter and housing, the previous owner ran line engine > separate filter > cooler > engine.
      It is lurid blue and red but if you want I'll post some pics. Doesn't seem too complex for someone to make either
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by JuusoIemel View Post
        not a bad idea at all. might consider that myself too!

Originally posted by econti View Post
        I actually have a plate that eliminates the entire factory filter and housing, the previous owner ran line engine > separate filter > cooler > engine.
        It is lurid blue and red but if you want I'll post some pics. Doesn't seem too complex for someone to make either
        i've seen one of those before on someones build.
        @ instagram: https://www.instagram.com/krisueh/

sigpic

Comment

bimmerparty 2019 is over for this year and it was hell alot of fun! didnt test the car on 1/4 mile cause i was so hangover lmao. but i went to 700meter speedtest and burnout competition ofcourse! 700meter speedtest result 196km/h.

burnout went okay but i had some issues cause my tank was not full of ethanol, and then the fuel pump received air.. and the car just "died". need to fix that with fuel surge tank and external pump.

sigpic

Comment

road to home from bimmerparty didn't go so well haha! car started to overheat and make pressure to coolingsystem, i kinda figured right away its the headgasket again. well i was almost home it was like 5 miles away from my garage so its all fine. this headgasket survived over 3000 miles on 26psi! overall i have been driving with this stock engine boosted almost 10k miles! tough little fucker

i was about to just put a new headgasket but the second cylinder looks pretty rough so i dont think its gonna work for long anymore.. well good thing i have prepared for this and i got stroker bottom end already good to go.

heres some pics from garage and current situation!

took the head off last weekend and the second cylinder is pretty rough, heres some pics

sigpic

Comment

I love the black kidneys with grey paint. This car and engine build are incredible. Cheers to you good sir.
              Paynemw
              1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
              the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
              1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                I love the black kidneys with grey paint. This car and engine build are incredible. Cheers to you good sir.
                thanks! ;D

sigpic

Comment

update, rest of the engine out! left the gearbox inplace because i don't need to do anything to it. here is some pictures how it is sitting atm

also checked how my second cylinder piston looked, it actually wasnt even that bad, probably could have driven the rest of the summer with new headgasket only, well whatever

sigpic

Comment

Great build, love those burn out pics with the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
                      Great build, love those burn out pics with the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      thanks !

sigpic

Comment

sold the old garrett turbo and time for an upgrade, Precision 5558 GEN2 vband inlet/outlet .82ar. also bought 46mm precision wastegate. my goal for next summer is +600hp

block is almost ready, only missing paint

m47 crank 88mm, block bore 85mm
                        mitsubishi evo wössner pistons, 28,3mm compression height with modified valve relief pockets
                        140mm max speeding connecting rods
                        king racing bearings
                        headgasket is going to be 2mm athena coopering, and then compression ratio will be ~~9.56

new head is from e36 m42, ported and straightened head with new valve seats. polished e36 6mm valves, crmo retainers and e30 m42 double springs. also hydraulic vag ina lifters which are alot lighter than stock ones.

plan is to grind stock cams to get somewhere between 260°-270° and lift close to 10-10.5. if possible

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful port work, very interested to see how the maxspeedingrods go
                          sigpic

Comment

great work! look forward to the new turbo!

Comment

hi all, have not used the forum since it got updated, my bad! here is some photos from last septembers performance bmw magazine, my car got featured! i will update soon how the build is going atm in garage!

these are the last photos from old setup, pictures taken by Jape Tiitinen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190907_150127.jpg?img=medium.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	9910494

sigpic

Comment

Your car is stunning in every way
                                sigpic

Comment