No announcement yet.

The Latest & Greatest: 1994 (E30) 316i Daytona Violet Design Edition Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool touring! Nice colour and violet interior, i love it! ;)
    I' ll be checking updates at this thread.

Comment

Nice car but ick on engine choice but easily remedied.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

If Abdu (-ak) and Ryan (phreshkid) are reading this -

- let's buy tourings next summer.

- or if you guys don't want to buy one, that's ok, i'll buy one and we can go do a grand european tour.

OP - lovely, lovely car you've got. has me interested in Googling the rest of the Design pkg colors now too!

they all sound so sexy.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Wow, I'm blown away by all of the comments! Thanks so much, guys! :D I just heard that the car is in Toronto already and will be registered today. I might even have it by this weekend... I can't wait!!

Originally posted by Powling View Post
          LOVE the colour so much! Excited to see it!
          I'm excited to see it too! We've lucked out on the weather so far, so I'm hoping I'll have some time to work on it and drive it before the snow arrives. You'll have to come check it out soon! :mrgreen:

Originally posted by scotte30 View Post
          Congrats on the new car. Amazing color and condition.

What are your plans for it if any?
          My plans at the moment are:
          1. Major rust proofing and protecting the cloth in the interior, plastics and the paint to keep the car in excellent condition.
          2. Fixing the minor issues with it found on the inspection (paintless dent repair, replacing a couple of broken / missing trim pieces) and anything else I find it needs once I get it.
          3. Adding some small things that made a big difference in my last car like swapping the rear view mirror with a map light mirror, adding cup holders (coffee is not optional for me ;)), all weather floor mats for everyday use to protect the carpets, etc. Overall, I want to leave it looking as stock as possible.
          4. Down the road, I'd consider some bigger projects like adding A/C or swapping the engine depending on if I have the funds and mechanical skill that would be necessary by that point.

Originally posted by getouth View Post
          Cool car and even cooler story!
          Thanks, it's fun to be able to share all the details with you guys! :)

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
          The only thing that's kept me from pursuing one of these myself is my E30 M3, but now I get to enjoy one of these as well. :D
          I'll let you drive it if you let me drive your E30 M3. ;D

Originally posted by jasonbk View Post
          Congrats on the amazing purchase!
          I also have a 316i with M40 with pretty much the same option list with yours down to badge delete and euroweaves which I swapped M20B25 into.
          I'm really jealous of you and if you ever decide to move on in the far future let me know!!
          That's so cool that you have a 316i as well! I'd love to see it sometime and hear about the swap. We're pretty close if you're in Toronto. :)

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          I vote these two for r3v couple of the year.

Awesome car, I had never heard of these- can't wait to see what you do with it!
          Haha, thanks man. I have him to thank / blame for getting me hooked on E30s in the first place. R3v is a refreshing change from the forums for my other hobbies.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          I love a purple BMW. On an E30 touring? Even better. Awesome car! Looks like it's in great shape too. I just did a ctrl-f for rust. No rust is a bonus. My E30 was my first truly rust free car, and I gotta say, having a rust free car is totally not overrated! Such a joy to be able to work on it without having to break out the PB Blaster.

Is it as slow as I think it is? Note: I daily drive a 90hp MK2 Jetta. Will you be making some changes to fix that?

I'll go back and read the book you wrote on it later.
          Completely agree with you on the rust. It looks like the previous owner took exceptionally good care of it. My last touring was in great shape overall, but still had quite a bit of rust to take care of under the carpets and on the exterior panels.

I'll have to see how slow it really is when I get a chance to drive it (haven't picked it up yet), but it was supposed to be 99hp brand new to give you an idea. I've thought about swapping the engine, but I'll need to save up and do some serious research first. At the moment, I'm not sure where I'd even begin planning something like that. I'd love to learn, though!

Originally posted by craz azn View Post
          Great story, and fantastic looking car! Congrats!!
          Thanks! Cool to see someone else from Toronto, too - we need to have a Toronto E30 meet sometime! :up: BTW, Shockwave says he bought a set of Euroweaves from you a while back, and they ended up on my 320i touring.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          Beautiful color! You should buy my friends Daytona Violet ix to go along with it :p
          Your friend has a pretty sweet ix, but I think we already have it covered with two Daytona Violet cars. ;) Shockwave has a Eurospec M3 from the same year (1994) and in the same colour. We'll have to get some pictures of both of them together when I pick up the touring!

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
          Very cool car, have seen a couple around here for sale and you are right. For most people its just an old BMW.

I'm surprised to see one in this good shape, have fun with it! Why not keep the engine? 316 e30's where never sold in North America right?
          E30 tourings were never sold in North America which is why there are so few of them over here. They have to be 25 years old to import into the US or 15 years old to import into Canada. I don't know of anyone else who has a 316i touring in Canada, but they would be extremely rare in any case.

There's an argument to be made for keeping the stock engine, for sure. Some people think it would be worth more with the original engine, but then again, the original engine wasn't a desirable one, so who knows. Not every car has to be the fastest - plus, my other half has a bunch of fast cars that I'm lucky enough to have access to ;D. I'll have lots of time to decide once I get it.

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
          Just awesome!! Very cool story! always had something for the tourings!
          Glad you liked the story! :)

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
          so awesome, that car is gorgeous! and with the purple mtech interior, it also talks dirty.

can i ask what price the seller listed a car like this for?
          Thanks! :devil:

Check out the cars listed on German for sale sites and you'll see how different the market is there - most E30 tourings go for way less than they would in Canada or the US, but it's still a challenge to find ones that are in great condition. The cost of importing the car to Canada (shipping, importing fees, duties, taxes, etc.) all told ended up being more than the purchase price of the car.

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
          What a great find and great story. I'm very interested in seeing what you do with it.
          I was really lucky to find this car, and can't wait to actually see it and drive it!

Originally posted by warshark View Post
          very nice find good luck with her she is a lady so be gentle
          Don't worry, she'll be in good hands. :)

Originally posted by MadMatrix View Post
          Cool touring! Nice colour and violet interior, i love it! ;)
          I' ll be checking updates at this thread.
          You have an awesome touring yourself! :up: Did you find the red design edition interior for yours that you were looking for?

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
          Nice car but ick on engine choice but easily remedied.
          The engine could always be swapped in the future, but the shell is only going to be rust free once and it's worth it for a car like this.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
          If Abdu (-ak) and Ryan (phreshkid) are reading this -

- or if you guys don't want to buy one, that's ok, i'll buy one and we can go do a grand european tour.

OP - lovely, lovely car you've got. has me interested in Googling the rest of the Design pkg colors now too!

they all sound so sexy.
          That would be an amazing trip! :up:

I'll have to find pictures of the other design edition colours and interiors.
          1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
          Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            in for touring group buy

op - that is mint. nice find!
            cars beep boop

Comment

I just spoke with our agent, and the car was apparently packed with a second set of wheels and tires along with a whole bunch of other spare parts. He was really surprised nobody said anything about the interior being full of parts, as normally they don't allow anything on cars during transport - especially ocean R.O.R.O. transport. It'll be neat to see what goodies we're getting! I'm hoping there's a N.O.S. moonroof for my M3 in there somewhere.

The front shadowline window trim was partially torn off of the passenger side during shipping, and our agent is pursuing a claim to get that covered for us. We'll see what happens there. Overall, though, he said the car is in unbelievably good condition, and he asked me if the interior was recovered because it doesn't look to have ever even been sat in. I told him that's one of the main reasons we bought the car!

I have a pretty good idea when and where we're going to get the car, but I'll let that be a surprise.

The biggest project we're tackling to preserve this car is working on our other new car, a 1985 528e I just picked up this week as an all season daily driver. I'm in the process of writing about that car now, but it looks like a really solid E28 platform, and if we enjoy it it's worthy of a manual swap and some other goodies in the spring.

Comment

I just spoke with our agent, and the car was apparently packed with a second set of wheels and tires along with a whole bunch of other spare parts. He was really surprised nobody said anything about the interior being full of parts, as normally they don't allow anything on cars during transport - especially ocean R.O.R.O. transport. It'll be neat to see what goodies we're getting! I'm hoping there's a N.O.S. moonroof for my M3 in there somewhere.

The front shadowline window trim was partially torn off of the passenger side during shipping, and our agent is pursuing a claim to get that covered for us. We'll see what happens there. Overall, though, he said the car is in unbelievably good condition, and he asked me if the interior was recovered because it doesn't look to have ever even been sat in. I told him that's one of the main reasons we bought the car!

I have a pretty good idea when and where we're going to get the car, but I'll let that be a surprise.

The biggest project we're tackling to preserve this car is working on our other new car, a 1985 528e I just picked up this week as an all season daily driver. I'm in the process of writing about that car now, but it looks like a really solid E28 platform, and if we enjoy it it's worthy of a manual swap and some other goodies in the spring.
                If anything in there fits my 318is that you don't need / want I'd gladly take it off your hands! ;D
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                  so awesome, that car is gorgeous! and with the purple mtech interior, it also talks dirty.

can i ask what price the seller listed a car like this for?
                  E30 tourings are much cheaper the the verts and coupes except for the 325 models. For one in decent shape with some work 2-4k gives you a lot of choice

Basically in Europe the 6 cylinder coupes and verts are pretty much double or more then the other models and still climbing...(325 (IX) tourings are an exception)
                  Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Beautiful car.

I am drooling over here. Soo much want!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

It's almost here! :mrgreen: Loaded and getting safety and emissions tested today:

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      in for touring group buy

op - that is mint. nice find!
                      Just think of how many you could fit in a shipping container! :)

I'm glad we found a car to drive in the winter just in time! The E28 should be an interesting project since it needs a fair amount of work in just about every department - it'll be completely transformed once we've had some time to work on it. I can't believe we just bought another car without functioning heat before the winter, though.

If anything in there fits my 318is that you don't need / want I'd gladly take it off your hands! ;D
                      I'll let you know! What parts are you looking for? I had no idea there were going to be any extra parts shipped with the car, so whatever we get will be icing on the cake. :) I heard there's an unprecedented number of E30s (two!) in the local scrapyard as well, so we might go scavenging for parts before they're picked clean / crushed.

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                      Beautiful car.

I am drooling over here. Soo much want!
                      Thanks! Can't wait to get my hands on it. ;)

Comment

The touring passed the safety and emissions tests. It needed nothing to pass the safety inspection, and it's running super clean.

If all goes as planned, it will be delivered to our driveway tomorrow! YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! :D

Comment

Nice

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
                            The touring passed the safety and emissions tests. It needed nothing to pass the safety inspection, and it's running super clean.

If all goes as planned, it will be delivered to our driveway tomorrow! YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! :D

Soooooo I'll see you guys tomorrow?! :p
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Soooooo I'll see you guys tomorrow?! :p
                              That would be awesome! Looking forward to it. :)

Comment

Beautiful car! Love that color on a touring
                                Continuous For Sale Thread
                                323i s50

Comment

Working...
                                X