Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did the install go?
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Twin DTM tips.

MrBurgundy it wasn’t too bad, definitely needed a lift and had to drop the subframe but not bad all said and done.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Serious question, do MR2 drivers notice the plate?

Comment

Serious question, do MR2 drivers notice the plate?
          Yup, especially the guy in the MR2 on Angeles Crest that was stuck behind me. He sought out my car the following week to tell me about his experience behind me lol
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

The horn was embarrassing so I did something about it haha

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              The horn was embarrassing so I did something about it haha

https://youtu.be/QICGJJw-CqI
              Was hoping for a meep-meep horn somehow.

Comment

Was hoping for a meep-meep horn somehow.
                Thats how I felt the original one sounded. Im honking in anger and it sounds very weak. Not anymore! Cant wait to honk at someone LOL
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

1994 D21 4x4 XE, with a little E30 sprinkled in. lol 15k on the rebuilt head and new cam. Strangely I'm seriously considering dropping in the 2.7l stroker I have in it. K24's, need turbo to be worth it in a 4x4. Meanwhile in Denmark where I just moved from after being there for a decade, they have the turbo diesel version.. so much more practical. Here is one in front of my old apartment.

Attached Files
                  1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

lol... E30Eric this is MY daily Driver thread... mostly because the project cars are never ending and constantly changing...

Cool truck though, but Trucks and R3V are so 2021...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

That's what you get for making such a generic thread title
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        That's what you get for making such a generic thread title
                        Better? lol
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

My bad, Nice merc. I believe statistically silver colored cars are one of the least likely to be pulled over, always a bonus. It's my fault for not taking the time to read all the posts. I certainly had no intention to thread jack. I'm just getting back into R3V after living abroad for so long. Should have brough more E30 stuff with me living right next to Germany. Oh well. What's the gas mileage like on your beast?
                          1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

Originally posted by E30Eric View Post
                            My bad, Nice merc. I believe statistically silver colored cars are one of the least likely to be pulled over, always a bonus. It's my fault for not taking the time to read all the posts. I certainly had no intention to thread jack. I'm just getting back into R3V after living abroad for so long. Should have brough more E30 stuff with me living right next to Germany. Oh well. What's the gas mileage like on your beast?
                            haha no problem! Welcome back!

The Benz is long-gone, and if you go through you'll see the waves of DDs...

That said, the MPG on the C350 wasnt great, my 24v E30 I had at the same time would get better mpg, I think it was in the 19-28 range city/ highway.

The current DD gets fantastic MPG
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

The question though, does it ever feel tippy, like it's tipsy, or is gonna tip over with some harsh winds or quick corners?
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                                The question though, does it ever feel tippy, like it's tipsy, or is gonna tip over with some harsh winds or quick corners?
                                Not tipsy, though the short wheelbase can feel a little pogo stick-ish over some bouncy stuff... but supposedly the 'S' struts & shocks address that. I'd like to get them, but we'll see

As far as tipsy in the corners, far from it. Cross winds can be felt due to the flat sides
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X