• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 word.......Proper!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Got my Stromung installed Friday. Great fit and finish, looks perfect and sounds great. Can't wait till I get some miles on it and it opens up a little more.

Also met up with Mike.BMW for Cars & Coffee in Dullas this morning. He has an awesome and super clean 318is. He posted a few pics up in his build thread, but here is one that he took.
      Last edited by Zeemz; 08-07-2017, 07:23 PM.
      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Good times. Your new exhaust sounds and looks great. We have to take a trip to Katie's at some point this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
          Good times. Your new exhaust sounds and looks great. We have to take a trip to Katie's at some point this summer!
          The cars look great!
          1991 325i 4 dr Euro Spec, 5 Speed, 4.10 LSD, Slicktop

Comment

Best exhaust there is for the e30 good choice!

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Comment

I hadn't had a chance to give the car a good detail since I picked it up this fall. So I decided to give her a proper detail in prep for The Vintage next weekend.

Wash, Clay, Wash, 2 Stage Polish with the Porter Cable, and 3 coats of Zaino.

I had only used the Porter Cable on small areas before, this was the first time I had tried to do a full car polish/paint correction. I probably could have been a little more aggressive, but I was happy with the results. All the swirls came out nicely.

Here is the car right after the 2 Stage Polish with Meguires M105 & M205

And finally after 3 coats of Zaino

I know there are a lot of new types sealants out there, but I have been using Zaino since 2005 and love the stuff. Awesome shine, easy to use and lasting protection. A lot of people complain that it takes too long, but it is all in the prep and that is what takes time.
              Last edited by Zeemz; 08-07-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Have a safe drive! see you along the way or there!
                sigpic
                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

No offense to Levent and Guten but why not just venture out to RRT out by the airport? Trucking it to NJ must have cost a bloody fortune.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Detail looks fantastic.

Every since I dove into the world of automotive detailing, paint no longer looks the same to me. It is phenomenal what you can do with a 6" random orbital and the right compounds. Life literally leaps out of paint.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                      Wow! Looks amazing. Have a great trip to The Vintage!

Once you get back we'll have to pick a day for Katie's.

Also, I recognize that parking lot. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                        Have a safe drive! see you along the way or there!
                        You too! Looking forward to catching up.

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Detail looks fantastic.

Every since I dove into the world of automotive detailing, paint no longer looks the same to me. It is phenomenal what you can do with a 6" random orbital and the right compounds. Life literally leaps out of paint.
                        Thanks, like I said this was the first time I had polished a whole car. I was on the fence if I should do it or not. The results spoke for themselves. Despite how long it took, I am glad I did the whole car.

It is definitely pretty amazing what you can do to your paint with the right tools/supplies.

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                        Wow! Looks amazing. Have a great trip to The Vintage!

Once you get back we'll have to pick a day for Katie's.

Also, I recognize that parking lot. :)
                        Thanks Mike. Hopefully you can make it next year! Looking forward to Katie's soon.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        No offense to Levent and Guten but why not just venture out to RRT out by the airport? Trucking it to NJ must have cost a bloody fortune.
                        Funny you should say that...Mike recognized the parking lot above in that last pic, because that is RRT! Picking my car up there this afternoon after some last minute Vintage prep trouble shooting an issue.

When I got my new E30 and had a huge list of things to do. Getting my car up to Levent was really not a huge ordeal. I was happy to send it to someone that knows the ins and outs of E30s for it to get a full inspection.

Full disclosure...I didn't know RRT existed before I sent my car up to Guten. Regardless I am happy I sent my car to Levent and know he and his guys did a great job. Both Guten and RRT are great shops and I look forward to working with both of them in the future.

Also FYI - If you have AAA Plus, you get 1 annual 200 mile tow. It was 210 miles to Guten, so I only paid $40 to have it towed there. Not a bad deal, cheaper than gas and tolls. Then a buddy drove me up to pick it up. Its a 4 hour drive, so its not that bad, and you get to see all the cool cars and parts at the shop.

Comment

I used to live in Alexandria, so I know a lot of the shops and so forth in my 3 years in the area.

I was not aware of the 200 mile tow so that wasn't bad at all.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                            Got my Stromung installed Friday. Great fit and finish, looks perfect and sounds great. Can't wait till I get some miles on it and it opens up a little more.

Also met up with Mike.BMW for Cars & Coffee in Dullas this morning. He has an awesome and super clean 318is. He posted a few pics up in his build thread, but here is one that he took.
                            Both are gorgeous all around! Love the wheels and euro smileys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                              Both are gorgeous all around! Love the wheels and euro smileys.
                              I really love those painted side skirts! They really give the car a balanced look with the OEM front "is" lip.

Comment

In for video!

Also just got a sterling silver 325is!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X