No announcement yet.

TicTac M50 Turbo sedan, no more tictac. 2021 UPDATE, 1000hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the mismatched wheels front and rear? Just curious. Why not just have the fans all around?

Love the tic tac livery!
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
      Why the mismatched wheels front and rear? Just curious. Why not just have the fans all around?

Love the tic tac livery!
      because turbine's :D
      http://instagram.com/mundieriss
      my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

Yeah turbine wheel covers/turbo fans all around would look great. So why only up front? Sorry, Im old and maybe just dont get it :)
        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I had the mismatched wheels because I found a cheap pair of futuras on ebay, also liked to look of old touring cars that ran mismatched turbofan setups.
          Some chages to come during the winter, including the wheels. New wheels will be BBS RY011 8x17 with 235/40 semi slicks, I want to make it more functional. Also bought a pair of 245/45 Hoosier drag radials for highway pulls and such:devil:

Some minor changes will also be made to the engine, I have most of the parts but still missing some parts for the fuel system.

What the future setup looks like right now:
          M52B28 crankshaft, H-beam rods, DP engines / PPF 84,5mm forged pistons, PPF manifold, aluminium intake plenum, Precision 7675 billet, Athena headgasket, ARP headstuds, PPF support girdle with 12.9 bolts, upgraded valvesprings, twin AEM 400lph fuel pumps

Still need 2000cc or bigger injectors, pressure regulator, fuel cell, lines etc. Considering to buy Enem Z2 cams (280 degrees). Should make around 1000hp hopefully

Picture with the new PPF manifold, Precision turbo, intake and one of the pistons:

And a sweet shot that was on a magazine cover:
          https://www.instagram.com/m1ckee_/

Comment

Swoon

Comment

Originally posted by micke_ View Post
              New wheels and tires, no more stretch and stupidly extreme fitment. Something like 8x17 with a 235/40 Semi-slick, meaty race car fitment!
              woohoooo! love a meaty race car fitment
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Ordered a pair of cams, Enem Z2 280deg 10,4mm lift. Should be good.

Got my new wheels, mounted the drag radials to test for clearance and fitment:

A bit tight but I'll make it work with minor fender rolling/pulling.

Painted one of the wheels with BBS gold, I like it. I will take the wheels apart and paint all of the centers properly, polish the lips and change to chrome bolts.

Some of my other wheels in the pic too;D

Scored this sweet heckblende too from a friend of mine

Comment

This car is the best... actually giving me motivation to work on mine haha!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    quoted so I can use it against you later on
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Where does that 2nd catch can line run to? One runs to valve cover but the other seems to run down to the oil pan?

Comment

such a cool build!

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          That's nice to hear, thanks!

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                          such a cool build!
                          Thanks!

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                          Where does that 2nd catch can line run to? One runs to valve cover but the other seems to run down to the oil pan?
                          Straight down to the ground, never had an issue that I'd even need a catch can but had one laying around so threw it on there. I'll be upgrading to a better one with two an10 lines from the valve cover.

Done some more work on the car, had a slight fitment issue with the turbo so had to make some room.. (yes, it will be bodyworked properly once the engine comes out and the bay gets painted)

Fitted the new intercooler and started to build 3" boost pipes, still need some tighter 90 degree bends to get them ready for welding

Mocking up the wastegate pipe and 4" stainless downpipe

It's a tight fit but it will work:twisted: The engine harness and such will be re-routed and hidden.

Comment

Fuse box and harnesses removed, I'll mount the fuse box somewhere inside the car and run the harness for headlights and others inside the fender. A lot of holes to weld but I'm not going for a shaved bay, just a little cleaner OE-style. All of the factory seam sealer will be removed, it just looks so ugly that I'll redo it much nicer.

Comment

PartsPartsParts, and some work done!

6-speed ZF GS6-53DZ gearbox and IRP shifter:

Nuke Performance oil catch can:

4" Downpipe done

3" Boost pipes done, no silicone anywhere. Only clamps, also a small and cute 75mm PPF BOV:

A few things to do before the engine comes out, can't wait!:D

Comment

Been a bit quiet, haven't really done that much. Block is machined and ready for assembly, just a few parts missing to get the engine back together. The wrap is gone, as is the m-tech kit since I want to keep it kinda sleeperish.
                                I'm going to run my Hartges that I'll rebuild back to factory spec, 8,5" and 9,5" with meaty tires.
                                Bay is painted, the whole car will also be painted with Messing Metallic during the winter.

Had some fitment issues, testing with a used 275/35 before I rebuild the wheels and order sticky rubber in the right size.

Did some cutting.

And there we go, 35mm wider for now. Hopefully that's enough, nice and subtle OEM+ "widebody".

To be continued..

Comment

Working...
                                X