X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sampayne
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    Thanks! I should be hearing back from him around August 9th for the pre-alpha PCB. Apparently, he should have them in by then. So I will be getting it shortly afterwards. I will be using the 502 MAF from the 92-93 M50B25NV.

https://www.sssquid.com/v3/e30-maf-conversion/
    That's sooon! Good to know.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    I feel like finding the right people to work on your car is almost like dating, haha. Most of them don't work out. And the end results... not so fun. But when you find the one, you stick with them forever. I'm super glad that I found my exhaust guy. And I don't know if I could have gotten through all this without my BMW guy (Ken at Motorspeed west). Like, how often do you find someone who knows how to tune L-jetronic, who has a 323i E30 that he built a stroker for, and is super reasonable with prices?? He's a keeper for sure, lol.
    lol does he give you butterflies every time you see him?

In all actuality, thats super cool that you found this guy, stuff like that is rare, especially outside of california. I don't think I'd be even remotely as deep into cars as I am if I didn't live here

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Wow, that exhaust looks incredible. If I had found someone willing to take on my exhaust project I'm 98% sure I would've ended up following through with my headers. Fab shops said no, small guys had 6mo wait and crazy turn around time, etc etc. Hard to find a regular exhaust shop that does quality work- I'm sure that setup really opened your car up.

I, too, am getting a pre-alpha. I sourced a 502 MAF for mine as well- I'll PM you when I get mine in and set up.
    Thanks, and, nice!

I feel like finding the right people to work on your car is almost like dating, haha. Most of them don't work out. And the end results... not so fun. But when you find the one, you stick with them forever. I'm super glad that I found my exhaust guy. And I don't know if I could have gotten through all this without my BMW guy (Ken at Motorspeed west). Like, how often do you find someone who knows how to tune L-jetronic, who has a 323i E30 that he built a stroker for, and is super reasonable with prices?? He's a keeper for sure, lol.

But yeah, I opted not to "source" a MAF. Got mine off Rockauto. I'm just so done with crappy AFMs I just want to do this whole MAF thing done totally right and eliminate any question marks. I'll be glad I went with a brand new Bosch MAF, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Wow, that exhaust looks incredible. If I had found someone willing to take on my exhaust project I'm 98% sure I would've ended up following through with my headers. Fab shops said no, small guys had 6mo wait and crazy turn around time, etc etc. Hard to find a regular exhaust shop that does quality work- I'm sure that setup really opened your car up.

I, too, am getting a pre-alpha. I sourced a 502 MAF for mine as well- I'll PM you when I get mine in and set up.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Nice seats BTW.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by sampayne View Post
    Any idea when the sssquid maf is going to happen? Sounds very intriguing. Exhaust looks great by the way.
    Thanks! I should be hearing back from him around August 9th for the pre-alpha PCB. Apparently, he should have them in by then. So I will be getting it shortly afterwards. I will be using the 502 MAF from the 92-93 M50B25NV.

https://www.sssquid.com/v3/e30-maf-conversion/

Leave a comment:

• sampayne
    replied
    After I figure out the MAF from Sssquid I'm going to have to dyno it again.
    Any idea when the sssquid maf is going to happen? Sounds very intriguing. Exhaust looks great by the way.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by tinoe30 View Post
    Good boy....I see you went to Kwik Way Muffler Santa Clara. I can tell by the shop pictures (spent time there) and the high quality of the fit and beefy hangers. Told you they are the best.
    The moment I met Bob in person I knew he was going to be my guy. Awesome guy, awesome work. The welds, bends, and fitment is excellent.

The car sounds great, but actually surprisingly similar to before. slightly deeper, tiny bit louder, but much more vibrant, especially at higher RPMs.

What I did not expect is how much more powerful it feels. Midrange to top end feels vastly improved. After I figure out the MAF from Sssquid I'm going to have to dyno it again.

Leave a comment:

• tinoe30
    replied
    Good boy....I see you went to Kwik Way Muffler Santa Clara. I can tell by the shop pictures (spent time there) and the high quality of the fit and beefy hangers. Told you they are the best.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied

Also FINALLY got my matching shift boot and ebrake handle from Stitchedwheels.. looks great!

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Thanks for the parts pimp, Simon! Those parts were my planned exhaust build for said headers.

Measuring 02 off of one collector is fine. Is your cat 2 in/2 out? That should count as your crossover as far as I know. I was going to run the resonators since I wasn't going to be running a cat. Just make sure you merge your setup right, as it can really make or break your header gainz.
    Yes, the cat is dual in / dual out. From looking at digger's thread a bit, the crossover should be further downstream than where I would want it with an x-pipe anyways. I did not know that a crossover was essential though, not an expert on pulse tuning haha

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Thanks for the parts pimp, Simon! Those parts were my planned exhaust build for said headers.

Measuring 02 off of one collector is fine. Is your cat 2 in/2 out? That should count as your crossover as far as I know. I was going to run the resonators since I wasn't going to be running a cat. Just make sure you merge your setup right, as it can really make or break your header gainz.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    How big are the outlets?

AWDBOB is selling a 2.25” magnaflow x-pipe and vibrant bullet resonators. Might not be a bad combo along with a good muffler. I like my Borla muffler, which also has 2.25” dual Inlet’s
    They're 2.25". But I've decided I'm just going dual all the way back.

Considered an X pipe but I would have to put it near the cat. Would rather have the O2 sensor right after the headers.

Gonna stick the O2 in one of the header collectors, read 3 cylinders and call it a day. I'll probably know if there's something wrong with a cylinder I don't need the ECU correcting for it and doing all the other cylinders wrong.

Noise level of the exhaust right now is marginally louder than stock but still less than the induction noise of the Porsche. Off throttle the lifters are louder than the exhaust. So, I doubt it'll really need resonators

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    How big are the outlets?

AWDBOB is selling a 2.25” magnaflow x-pipe and vibrant bullet resonators. Might not be a bad combo along with a good muffler. I like my Borla muffler, which also has 2.25” dual Inlet’s

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied

Ready for the exhaust shop

Leave a comment:

Working...
X