Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations.

I'm jealous!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
      So I'm completing the financials this weekend. I'm buying the car in PA but live in MD. Will I have to pay sales tax in both states? I had dinner with my parents tonight and they were saying MD might charge me sales tax when I get it registered or what not. Is that true? Seems ridiculous to have to double dip on taxes, but at the same time I can see some truth to it. Afterall, I am using their roads etc.

But wth, It's not like if I buy any other good in another state that I will have to pay sales tax AGAIN in MD. I'll probably be asking my local tag and title shop tomorrow but figured I'd see if you guys have any experience with that. I've only ever bought cars in MD

I looked through here:

Did not find a way to get a temp tag at all let alone a car not in your name.

You might want to call them. You may be better off if you have access to a truck to rent a trailer and tow it home.

Maybe here but it's only for the registered owner.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

So I'm completing the financials this weekend. I'm buying the car in PA but live in MD. Will I have to pay sales tax in both states? I had dinner with my parents tonight and they were saying MD might charge me sales tax when I get it registered or what not. Is that true? Seems ridiculous to have to double dip on taxes, but at the same time I can see some truth to it. Afterall, I am using their roads etc.

But wth, It's not like if I buy any other good in another state that I will have to pay sales tax AGAIN in MD. I'll probably be asking my local tag and title shop tomorrow but figured I'd see if you guys have any experience with that. I've only ever bought cars in MD
        You should only have to pay sales tax to the state in which the car is being registered. The dealer may actually handle this to some degree, just make sure to clarify with them beforehand.

No way to get a temp tag through PA, but if you insure the vehicle and keep the title with you I've never been hassled driving it home (I'd bring a MD plate).
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Is there a dealer? I thought it was from an estate.

If there is a dealer they need to provide a temp registration you can take to the Maryland Authority.

Comment

*yeah, it's a dealer. The estate is working through him. It's really a weird story, the actual guy who owned the car was in teh process of selling it through this dudes used car dealership and then he croaked. So the estate continued working through this dealer

Hmm, the used car dealer already assured me I would be given a 30 day temp tag. The guy is very nice and reasonable. He is the Martin of Martin's German Auto. When I first looked at the car almost a month ago, before the title was sorted (it was in limbo due to the estate issue handling the owner's death) he recognized I was an enthusiast and gave me a tour of his facility. We talked cars at length and then parted ways. Yesterday, when I found out he finally had the title in hand, I took off work and drove down to test drive it. While there we continued to discuss all things cars. I had a really good time.

Isn't that weird? Usually extremely put off when dealing with dealers of anysort. His shop is a semi garage, semi used car dealer. Although mostly exotics. Regardless he told me he has no actual salesmen on payroll, just mechanics and himself, and the back end people. So the buying experience was extremely down to earth.

Check out this showroom. Yes, that is a porch IN A FREAKING BUBBLE. That car is a numbered clubsport car with 6.6 miles on it, apparently for sale for......$265,000. Absurd. (also has an m coupe roadster but in dakar yellow...).

As you can see, he's mainly a Porsche guy. I recently switched careers to work professionally on cars so it was very nice to get his opinion on everything.

I guess my whole point is there isn't going to be an issue with getting a temp tag and I trust this guy (obviously to an extent but still). But ok, so I'm going to mention the taxes thing and see what's what. Makes sense to pay it where you are actually registering it
            Last edited by BaltimoreBimmer; 02-15-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Oops, didn't know dealers could create temp registration for out of state purchases. That's a nice feature. Seems like a cool dealer!
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

See, I also was not a huge fan of these wheels when I was first looking at the car. Just didn't like em. I thought that Style 32s (stock option on some z coupes) looked the best. However, these 2 piece bbs's are seriously growing on me. I don't think I will be swapping rims anytime soon. I actually prefer them now lol. Perhaps I can pick work in an extra set of rims for winter tires and go from there. (what wheels are you guys thinking when you say change wheels? the m coupe stars?)

One thing that DOES bother me now that I have noticed.....is the side view mirros. THey are so freaking RECTANGULAR and blocky, when the rest of the car is so swoopy and gentle. I think I will most likely upgrade to m3 mirrors.

The m54 is great for me. I loved my e46 (it died a horrible death recently, I don't wanna talk about it) so this should be a good replacement,
                I think with suspension and maybe a little spacer action it will look amazing.

Im an fan of those wheels too (other than cleaning them) and I believe they are 2 piece, so I would look to see if you can swap out the waffles to something with a little more dish. I think they are the same size as the BBS wheels people lust after, maybe those can be found with a wider print and you can swap em over
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

are those style 42s?
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    I think with suspension and maybe a little spacer action it will look amazing.

Im an fan of those wheels too (other than cleaning them) and I believe they are 2 piece, so I would look to see if you can swap out the waffles to something with a little more dish. I think they are the same size as the BBS wheels people lust after, maybe those can be found with a wider print and you can swap em over
                    I believe the e39 could be optioned with the wheels, but with a deeper dish.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      I believe the e39 could be optioned with the wheels, but with a deeper dish.

I do like the deep dish, but not enough to spend bank obtaining them. I think these wheels will do just fine. At least while I am still enjoying the novelty of the clownshoe

Comment

Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

jesus, that proportion is perfect

so......................................

is it acceptable to do a vanity plate for my shoe? difficult to come up with one that isn't terrible though

Comment

You know how many cars are shaped like dicks? The best kinds.

Always wanted an Z3M coupe since the first time I drove a track prepped version over a decade ago. That car was a pain in the ass to get in and out of due to the cage, but it was so fun to drive. Now prices are on crack. Some day maybe...
                            Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Is that Diamantschwarz? Could you please take a photo of the driver side shock-tower for the lolz?

JK: it's probably Cosmoschwarz. Looks beautiful. I saw 3 z3 coupes today - maybe i should buy a lottery ticket?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Absolutely perfect, well done.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X