First Members Rides thread in 8 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you older members might remember my old car. I still have an e30, I've been building my daily 318i for the past few years. Since it's a daily, I've been doing mostly simple things that won't take it off the road for too long. I'm taking it to it's first autocross this weekend, it'll be my first one since 2010, I'm excited to get back out there.

The car is sitting on H&R Tief coilovers, adjusted nearly all the way up. It also has H&R sway bars front and rear, Condor rear end bushings with eccentric mounting points, Treehouse eyeball arms, Ground Control camber plates. The brakes have been converted to 325i disks all around, with brass guide pins, stainless hoses, and Porterfield R4S pads. Diff is a medium case 4.10 LSD rebuilt with 4 clutches. Wheels are magnesium Ronal racing turbo, 15x9 et10 all around, tires are Nitto NT-01 225/45/15. Engine is stock besides for an oil pan baffle and oil cooler.

I got new euro bumpers from my friend Mike at ECS tuning, front valence and lip are new OEM from England. I welded up all the holes in the rear valence, and took all the texture off it and the rockers. Paint is original besides for the new parts and rear valance, color is Safari Beige.

We just put up an article about it with more photos and words on StanceWorks, check it out!
    Byron
    Leichtbau

I like weird colors. What do you have planned in the long run?
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

that is some fitment. well done! excited to see more motor in it.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Yum. That is all.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Clean and simple. Really like that color.

Comment

This makes me want to keep my 84 shell ughhh
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

Not usually a fan of color matched wheels, but that looks damn good.

Don't swap it

#m204L1F3
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

It’s perfect!

Btw I’m a sucker for wide tires and 15’s on e30s...

Comment

I like......
                  What is production date 1983 or 1984?
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

I love your car; the color, the wheels and the fitment are just all spot on.
                    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      Not usually a fan of color matched wheels, but that looks damn good.

Don't swap it

#m204L1F3
                      except its a M10

I like this car
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Lol I’m a newb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                          I like weird colors. What do you have planned in the long run?
                          Long run for sure, but I'd like more power. I'm going for a Gruppe A feel for the car, so there's a few more exterior things I'm doing as well. Interior needs addressing too, I have a pair of Recaro LSC's up front, but they're mismatched colors, and the rear seat is trashed. If anyone has any leads on an M3 rear bench please let me know...

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                          I like......
                          What is production date 1983 or 1984?
                          5/83, we actually published the article on the car's 35th birthday.
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

Absolutely stunning!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                              Long run for sure, but I'd like more power. I'm going for a Gruppe A feel for the car, so there's a few more exterior things I'm doing as well. Interior needs addressing too, I have a pair of Recaro LSC's up front, but they're mismatched colors, and the rear seat is trashed. If anyone has any leads on an M3 rear bench please let me know...

5/83, we actually published the article on the car's 35th birthday.
                              wow, that's even older than mine. nice.

your rear seat bottom probably mounts like mine does, with exposed bolt tabs instead of the click-in style they moved to in 84. might have a bit of trouble getting an M3 seat to mount, but nothing a welder can't fix.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                              X