My (not so) Delphin 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My (not so) Delphin 318i

I’ve got a lathe in the basement that doesn’t work and I want to make something...

Edit: Realized that previous wording isn’t super clear lol. It just needs some fiddling to get working again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

is the little ring so that they stay in the anus more easily?
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        is the little ring so that they stay in the anus more easily?
        howd you know?
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

RinglessShifters

im not ghey
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

nice. I like #4 or maybe #6
            cars beep boop

Comment

Progress is still being made! Just very slowly.

My friends dad was going to give me his crashed ‘98 z3 with 65k on it but I couldn’t find a place to store and work on it in time. I wanted to pull the driveline for this slow boy because as much as I like this stupid little m10 I would also like a little more oomf. I’m kinda thinking about an m50 because it’d be the easiest to get through BAR. I have lots of time to think about power upgrades. Gotta do the suspension stuff first anyways. Waiting to pay off some stuff before I can buy the last suspension bits I need and then the rebuild will begin. I’ll post the spec list when that happens.

Meanwhile all my money has been pouring into this:

Started renting studio space to build custom bike frames. It’s a small bay in a fabrication shop and there’s a mill and a lathe out on the main floor. More pics of that to come too

Last edited by wworm; 05-07-2019, 12:38 PM.
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Very nice thusly.

Comment

Finally

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I recommend the aero front plate mod
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

it's getting to the windy season in the bay. it might actually benefit from having a sail mounted.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

This thing is hawt. I never took notice to the green in the paint......I really like it. Euro bumparooos soon?

R3V needs a group buy for a billet M30 block.
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                          This thing is hawt. I never took notice to the green in the paint......I really like it. Euro bumparooos soon?

R3V needs a group buy for a billet M30 block.
                          holy guacamole I'd give an arm and a leg.

Euro bumpskis soon. I ordered some color match paint for the valence and will be trimming the front plate to fit in the euro plate spot...unless thats illegal. I've seen it done on a bunch of local 911s but those cars definitely don't get daily'ed. Until then though, I'll need all the extra sail I can get in the off chance I get a tailwind cuz the m10 life is a slow one.
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I had a friend that got pulled over in Maryland because of his plate. The cop told him he would give him a warning but he would need to buy a new one because he cut it. He told the cop he didn't cut it and asked to show him.

So he went and grabbed a hold of the bottom and unbent it. The cop just shook his head and said ok and left. Rather than cutting it try bending a fold in it to the shape you are looking for.
                            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                              I had a friend that got pulled over in Maryland because of his plate. The cop told him he would give him a warning but he would need to buy a new one because he cut it. He told the cop he didn't cut it and asked to show him.

So he went and grabbed a hold of the bottom and unbent it. The cop just shook his head and said ok and left. Rather than cutting it try bending a fold in it to the shape you are looking for.
                              ah good call. Thanks for the heads up
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

So I've been pretty busy traveling around and not working on the e30. It also just developed a coolant leak at the water pump so that will be getting replaced soon. During my travels I met a 140lb chocolate lab:

A 190e evo 2 that I took a crappy photo of

and that's all I've got to share from my trips that's worth sharing.

In other news, my friend works next to the BM Spec guys and I got to take a look at Brian's e34 track car.

Looks pretty fun, its m52 swapped with an e90 6 speed and a 4.10 LSD

A good friend of mine came back from a round-the-country road trip in his sc'ed e36 m3 with some big ole tires (275 section tires all around. Very sticky)

In regards to the e30, all I've done is install a rear 14.5mm sway bar and didnt take any photos of it because my hands were too greasy to grab my phone, but holy guacamole the car actually goes around corners like an e30. Definitely the most important mod I could have done.

I got blocked in for a while at work the other day:

And here it is after I washed it last week

Last edited by wworm; 07-03-2019, 03:27 PM. Reason: dont spell good
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X