1991 318is, Brilliantrot, Major project car...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E30trash
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    I only went up an extra 2" or so from the stock line. I only sprayed where the paint was texturized anyways. I think it will look good.
    take the time to spray brillianrot back, leave the black near the bottom, it looks much better

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill 84 318i
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    4
    Too much. Shouldn't have done it right underneath the bumper, but should've done it where the 'rough' undercoating was.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Cool. Hope your project goes well. The sheer amount of work to get these old, mistreated E30's back to life is staggering! I'm logged at 50+ hours so far having owned the car less than 2 weeks.
    ive owned the 325i 1 day and have spent about 3 hours on it... and nothing has even gotten fixed or better yet. most of that time has been finding everything wrong with it.

    next i have to fix those things, install the roll bar, install my seats, steering wheel, control arms, tie rods, 3.73ls, harnesses, suspension (billy sports and ie stg 3 and front camber plates). then i get to finally clean the fucker up and get it decent looking. probably going to rip all of the carpet out completely and buy some black carpet for it and dye the headliner black.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Haha, is that good or bad? ;)
    good. clean car. youre doing it right. i might have to hit bimmerzone up for some parts shortly. need a LOT of stuff for this new project i picked up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bokes
    replied
    holy shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    BTW, my 95 M3 was Avus.....I LOVE that color:!:
    this was my first choics for a respray. and I am with tj. Fresh undercoating looks sexy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Do you think I should just get some of that black rubberzied undercoating? Or is it feasible to get all of it off to show the red paint underneath?
    Yeah, you would be surprised at how good some fresh undercoating looks. It'd be hard to remove all the old stuff and then have that paint underneath look good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    I think in an effort to remove all the black youre gonna wish you had just sprayed the black back on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    Originally posted by Mless5
    Yeah, way below where it's supposed to be black, there are clear signs of overspray almost all around.
    All cars have the body color underneath the black, then the black painted over it. So when the black fades/wears away, you see the body color. It's not a respray.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mless5
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    You mean the black crud? Otherwise, the paint is original as are all the panels. That's almost a bad thing, because the paint is a bit rough in some places. :(
    Yeah, way below where it's supposed to be black, there are clear signs of overspray almost all around.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    Car looks good! Go to the auto parts store and buy a can of Rubberized Undercoating for $5 - it will coat the side skirts and rear valance (just the lower part!) easily and the car will look brand new again. Well, kinda.

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Haha, you may be hating me for inspiring you to do that...I've racked up near 30 hours on this car since last Monday, ugh. My hands ache, my back hurts, and I've got about a dozen new cuts....:borg:
    Ive done it before when I had a 2dr. that was a hassle because I couldnt get in the back easily. I hope the 4dr makes for easier cleaning, it has helped with ease of entry for other things. It needs to be done before the car sells anyhow, tomorrow and tuesday may just be the time

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    I believe I have been inspired to do this over my next two days off for fall break. I may just tear the car apart and put it back together.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mless5
    replied
    Neat car other than ugly respray.

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    ^^note - other than for cleaning purposes

    Leave a comment:

Working...