1991 318is, Brilliantrot, Major project car...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RCWells
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    What is there to comment on? A couple pictures of your valve cover off doesn't mean much.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing. As for the rear valence, it looks like crap painted black, and more so in that rubberized black. It's just plain wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    It was a question.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nimble
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    What is there to comment on? A couple pictures of your valve cover off doesn't mean much.

    Great thanks, are you always such an ass?

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    What is there to comment on? A couple pictures of your valve cover off doesn't mean much.

    Leave a comment:


  • TUD
    replied
    Nimble, is this what you used?

    How does it clean up once it gets dirty. It is more a flat black vs. what the factory was?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • TUD
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDNUNTA
    Only 6 cylinder cars had trunk tar.



    Hunter

    Exception, Euro E30s.


    BTW, Nice E30 Nimble.
    Last edited by TUD; 10-17-2006, 10:32 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • T3rd Ferguson
    replied
    Originally posted by doucy2
    wow that nuts, i want to take mine off because it is all crappy, will the paint underneath be very fadded?
    if anything, the paint will be nicer underneath and faded on either side of where the stripe once was.

    Leave a comment:


  • doucy2
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Well, if you really want to know, my fingernails and a LOT of patience. 5 hours worth in fact. By FAR the worst job I've ever performed on a car....by far...
    wow that nuts, i want to take mine off because it is all crappy, will the paint underneath be very fadded?

    Leave a comment:


  • KangamangusDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Ziggens96
    fuck, does anybody know if there are shift boots just like this that are leather? mine is vinyl, and it has the one seam down the back...i want 2 diagonal seams in the front, like this one
    The one in my car is original and made out of leater. No idea where to get a new one of that style.

    Car looks great!!!!
    Reminds me of mine,tear...

    Leave a comment:


  • doucy2
    replied
    Great job, ive had mine a week and only worked about 5 hrs on it, just mostly finding problems. It's looking great keep up the good work and keep us posted.

    Also what do you use and do to remove the pinstripe?

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Yeah, it's so so. I'm starting to like it more though. I figure the more black parts I add, the more it will blend in. Maybe a rear black euro plate filler, and partially painting up higher on the front bumper? Not sure if that would look lame though?
    hahaha. this guy thinks like me back in the day (few months ago). just stop now, otherwise it will cost more later to paint it back...

    Leave a comment:


  • e30bimmerdude
    replied
    nice car...its alot of fun working on these cars, doing the small things that can make them look so good!!!..... Also I have rubber mats in my trunk that weighed about 30pnds each...no tar

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Yeah, it's so so. I'm starting to like it more though. I figure the more black parts I add, the more it will blend in. Maybe a rear black euro plate filler, and partially painting up higher on the front bumper? Not sure if that would look lame though?
    No way, don't go any more black on the car, except maybe the plate filler. There is such a thing as too much contrast, and you're already headed that direction with the solid black rear apron. I would personally take that upper part back to red, but don't do anymore black. Just all my opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Car looks pretty good overall, I really don't like the solid black rear apron though, it doesn't look very good. I would have left it half-red.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDNUNTA
    Only 6 cylinder cars had trunk tar.



    Hunter
    not all of them though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...