1991 318is, Brilliantrot, Major project car...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ziggens96
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Shift Knob. I guess this is the new OE replacement from Febi, and at only 20 bucks, it's really a nice piece. Has a good weighty feel to it.

    fuck, does anybody know if there are shift boots just like this that are leather? mine is vinyl, and it has the one seam down the back...i want 2 diagonal seams in the front, like this one

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziggens96
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Update:

    I also received my large Bimmerzone order in record time, 1 day! The pic shows the box containing my new Roundels, shift knob, 4 Bosch spark plugs, valve cover gasket kit, 4 new oil filters, 2 air filters, a fuel filter, Continental alternator/Water pump belt, a new orange turn signal cover to replace my cracked one, and my new Bosal OE replacement exhaust, which looks pretty good for $195 shipped I might add. :)

    hey could you measure that muffler for me? ive been having trouble finding the stock dimensions, my muffler was replaced before i got the car...thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • golfdmb18
    replied
    looks great...it definately shows that you spent alot of time on it. Not sure about the undercoating on the rear valence but it really dosent look terrible.

    Leave a comment:


  • eurostyl e30
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    The undercoating on the rear valance looks pretty bad, if you ask me.
    I agree, either color match the whole thing (rockers included) or leave it as stock.


    Nice work though, your project is coming along nicely! I wish I could spend that much time on my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • peteM3power
    replied
    Nice work on turning that iS into an even nicer machine! Love the progress pics, please keep them coming!

    Pete

    Leave a comment:


  • Pedro
    replied
    good work cleaning it up. if you can get your driver side motor mount bracket out then paint that black also. will look just as good as the ac compressor. i did mind and the alternator bracket black too. it looks cleaner.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nimble
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    The undercoating on the rear valance looks pretty bad, if you ask me.
    Good thing I didn't then.

    Leave a comment:


  • 96 Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    The undercoating on the rear valance looks pretty bad, if you ask me.
    I disagree. Car looks solid.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    The undercoating on the rear valance looks pretty bad, if you ask me.

    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    Yea, it is too bad you didnt just undercoat to the line on the rear valance. But that undercoating looks nice. I need to redo mine on my eta.

    Leave a comment:


  • rede30
    replied
    I need to find the same car as this just white with the same amount of work needed to turn into a dd. Looks fun as hell and you have done a great job. Get some pictures up of a lower stance so we can see the undercoat job.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    Man, you went overboard masking! I used 3/4" masking tape and only stacked it 5 strips high!
    Yeah, nothing oversprays that much! At least you're careful.

    This is a great thread, I love seeing work like this done. It's awesome getting boxloads of new parts, installing everything, getting the car cleaned up, and making it look good. I love doing this kind of work on my car, it looks like you do too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    Man, you went overboard masking! I used 3/4" masking tape and only stacked it 5 strips high!

    Leave a comment:


  • E30trash
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    In your opinion....

    Too late anyways.
    I take it back. really depends on what look you are going for

    Leave a comment:


  • Nimble
    replied
    Originally posted by E30trash
    take the time to spray brillianrot back, leave the black near the bottom, it looks much better

    In your opinion....

    Too late anyways.

    Leave a comment:

Working...