1991 318is, Brilliantrot, Major project car...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    Rear valence stays, I ultimately don't care enough what you guys think to change it. Besides, when it's running a 240 rwhp 3.2 M3 motor, it'll be too fast for you guys to see the rear. :rofl:
    Well you started the thread and posted the pictures. Be prepared for some opinions.

    Rear valence still looks like shit by the way...

    Leave a comment:


  • MrK
    replied
    Really nice work on your car Nimble, your hard work shows.

    Bearing in mind that the following is my opinion:

    Paint bodycolor over the rubberized undercoating on the rear valence. That way its still rubberized, and there'll be much less work for you as opposed to cleaning all that stuff off to repaint.

    Keep up the good work bud.

    Leave a comment:


  • craig4ie
    replied
    redo the valance!!! color lines that don't match up take away from the car's look. and the other plans for black parts would look best on a silver or white car, not so much red.

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    Originally posted by E30trash
    Quit being a bitch and fix your rear valence.
    LMAO.:rofl:

    Leave a comment:


  • E30trash
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    I don't give a shit. Not your car, don't put in sig. /Story.
    Quit being a bitch and fix your rear valence.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nimble
    replied
    Originally posted by rede30
    His car is one of the cleanest non M's in north America, it can hold its own to a ///m.

    I don't give a shit. Not your car, don't put in sig. /Story.

    Leave a comment:


  • rede30
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    So what was I supposed to do if not rubberized STOCK undercoating? Paint it shiny black?

    Do you own all 3 of those cars in your sig? If not, that's probably not the best way to showcase what you do. Just fyi.
    His car is one of the cleanest non M's in north America, it can hold its own to a ///m.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nimble
    replied
    Originally posted by golde30
    could have fooled me...

    If by fooled you mean that I did what I want and will continue to, then yes, you were fooled, sorry I'm tricky like that.

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimble
    So what was I supposed to do if not rubberized STOCK undercoating? Paint it shiny black?

    Do you own all 3 of those cars in your sig? If not, that's probably not the best way to showcase what you do. Just fyi.
    Originally posted by nimble
    Rear valence stays, I ultimately don't care enough what you guys think to change it
    could have fooled me...

    Leave a comment:


  • Nimble
    replied
    Originally posted by RCWells
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing. As for the rear valence, it looks like crap painted black, and more so in that rubberized black. It's just plain wrong.

    So what was I supposed to do if not rubberized STOCK undercoating? Paint it shiny black?

    Do you own all 3 of those cars in your sig? If not, that's probably not the best way to showcase what you do. Just fyi.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nimble
    replied
    Rear valence stays, I ultimately don't care enough what you guys think to change it. Besides, when it's running a 240 rwhp 3.2 M3 motor, it'll be too fast for you guys to see the rear. :rofl:

    And to continue on the hater trend, I'm going to get DTM mirrors and leave them black, paint the lower texturized part of the front bumper in texturized black, and maybe even paint the roof black at my stepdad's bodyshop. I can hear the whining already...

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Car looks good, I'm with everyone else on the rear valence.
    Last edited by Mtriple; 10-18-2006, 02:03 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mattdk318i
    replied
    Mostly M20 guys here. Make sure you seal those spark plug gaskets with some extra sealant. Ive replaced mine twice. Both times with new rings. And they leak oil everytime.
    Ive found RTV gasket maker works best.

    Go to paintscratch.com for your rear valance paint. You should be able to prep that undercoating to accept some paint. It will look a hell of alot better too.

    Leave a comment:


  • euroshark
    replied
    That motor looks clean for 170k! Just a little bit cleaner than my 193k M30 looked before I rebuilt that beeyotch. Take care of it!

    Leave a comment:


  • trent
    Guest replied
    The all black undercoating back looks pretty bad. Does not flow at all.

    Leave a comment:

Working...