No announcement yet.

Mission to the Cosmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Yep. We could sort of see it from above, but I am lacking in wobbles, etc. Not sure how to post an image, but was going to show my son holding a ratchet with all of our extensions on it that we tried to reach them with :)

Edit: thought I was about to proclaim success re. images, but having a hard time figuring out how to shrink the file size adequately (could only get it to 400k?). Will have to work on that, so many good images posted on the site.

Comment

Greetings from a fellow Datsun 2000 owner...I have a '67.5 2000 Roadster. It's currently in a million pieces.
      Good luck with both your projects. Great to see the 2000 in the background of your pics.
      lgb240

`05 E46 325xiT, `89 325i Touring, `87 911 3.2, ' 74 Caterham Super 7 , `71 240z Convertible, `71 240z, `67.5 2000 Roadster, `58 MGA x2, '56 MGA vintage racer, '04 Mini Cooper S

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
        What is that part supposed to even do? Its on both mounts
        annoy the owner of a pristine original car when they want to do simple work! haha

Originally posted by Bill Brown View Post
        Not sure how to post an image...
        PM sent

Originally posted by lgb240 View Post
        Greetings from a fellow Datsun 2000 owner...I have a '67.5 2000 Roadster. It's currently in a million pieces.
        Good luck with both your projects. Great to see the 2000 in the background of your pics.
        Glad you caught it hiding in the frame, those taillights are an easy giveaway. If you want the R3V version of the build, its below. I also have a much longer thread on 311s.org I hope you're already on there. We are always trying to document the cars, especially a 1/1000 like yours. Mine is SRL31101228 so its one of the first 68-2000s

Sooo you have a 67.5 2000! in Canada nonetheless so it probably came with the Mikuni's from the factory, you lucky dog. Get back to work!
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          annoy the owner of a pristine original car when they want to do simple work! haha

PM sent

Glad you caught it hiding in the frame, those taillights are an easy giveaway. If you want the R3V version of the build, its below. I also have a much longer thread on 311s.org I hope you're already on there. We are always trying to document the cars, especially a 1/1000 like yours. Mine is SRL31101228 so its one of the first 68-2000s

Sooo you have a 67.5 2000! in Canada nonetheless so it probably came with the Mikuni's from the factory, you lucky dog. Get back to work!
          I have SRL-00016, so one of the earliest 67.5s known to exist. Yes, it does have Mikunis as well as a big cam and 7qrt oil pan. I bought the car in Atlanta years ago from the second long-term owner. It was rust free, but needed a complete restoration....that's why it's apart right now. I have the frame and suspension painted and have been collecting NOS parts over the years. Years ago, I was able to buy direct from Nissan Canada a complete NOS competition suspension, including lower, stiffer leaf and front springs and Koni adjustable shocks. I just need more garage space to put it all back together
          lgb240

`05 E46 325xiT, `89 325i Touring, `87 911 3.2, ' 74 Caterham Super 7 , `71 240z Convertible, `71 240z, `67.5 2000 Roadster, `58 MGA x2, '56 MGA vintage racer, '04 Mini Cooper S

sigpic

Comment

I have SRL-00016, so one of the earliest 67.5s known to exist.

Ahhh you’re in the registry already. That’s cool. Looks like you HAVE had it for a long time.

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I feel your pain. Also commenting to say I was able to get those tops CA bolts by doing one small turn at a time. I was worried with my nice rusty car that they would be rusted on too good. Broke them loose relatively easily.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I have SRL-00016, so one of the earliest 67.5s known to exist. Yes, it does have Mikunis as well as a big cam and 7qrt oil pan. I bought the car in Atlanta years ago from the second long-term owner. It was rust free, but needed a complete restoration....that's why it's apart right now. I have the frame and suspension painted and have been collecting NOS parts over the years. Years ago, I was able to buy direct from Nissan Canada a complete NOS competition suspension, including lower, stiffer leaf and front springs and Koni adjustable shocks. I just need more garage space to put it all back together
                Woah, 3 2 liter roadster owners who have E30s. What are the odds of that?

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

K.I.S.S.

I had a simple goal. I wanted bass. I actually bought a 10” Lukebox the same day I bought this car and have been lugging it around since day 1.

The simple plan got a little complicated because I just wanted to keep things simple by retaining the original cassette deck. EN BEE DEE right?

I picked up a Hertz 5-channel Power something that my buddy strongly suggested. We finally connected this weekend and spent way too long to trying to make it work. He’s the genius, I’m just the guy holding the flashlight. It’s my childhood all over again... this was my face and what my face was looking at for hours...

After 3 hours of sleep and a bunch of errands to run, I somehow stumbled back into the garage to give it another go.... slowly, I reached my goal. And now I have bass!

All done. Clean and simple.

Also, one thing that happened that I was quite satisfied with was changing the antenna seal, old was totally dried out and the new one looks fantastic. The little things...

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

It is awesome you have a 5th SSR Comp as a spare.

Also, I had to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                      It is awesome you have a 5th SSR Comp as a spare.

Yup! With the correct size and offset as the rest. I actually also have a 6TH(!) SSR, but its cracked. Creep my history and you can find the origins of these wheels, but lets just say I got really lucky years ago and found a pair of the correct size and offset
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

In your trunk, is that bulkhead panel a carpeted thing? Fuzzy? Ours is kind of a black hardboard panel with black plastic push clips, and it kind of rattles against the steel bulkhead if there's not a toolbox or something up against it.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                          In your trunk, is that bulkhead panel a carpeted thing? Fuzzy? Ours is kind of a black hardboard panel with black plastic push clips, and it kind of rattles against the steel bulkhead if there's not a toolbox or something up against it.
                          Thats the backside of the Lukebox.

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Oh gawd, that whole thing is a hollow sound box?! How much trunk does it take up? (I am obviously an olde)

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                              Oh gawd, that whole thing is a hollow sound box?! How much trunk does it take up? (I am obviously an olde)
                              Not much, still have most of the trunk available. It ends just behind where the rear shock mounts are. Its good placed ballast if you have a powerful car too haha
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

wtf I didn't even notice you rotated E30s again... glad I stumbled on the new thread. Subbed. Don't know who this new simon is though... one of the first mods being a detail and paint correction?? That's uncharacteristic, but appreciated looking forward to the 2.8 build. Change your windshield gasket. It's bothering me.

​​​​​​​
                                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X