No announcement yet.

my new nurburgring whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is a 4door stiffer or lighter? cause i always see 4door track e30s but i was like wtf thats not a sports car but a sedan.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

lol I love how people think the addition of 2 more doors automatically means the car's now a sissy... I love my 4-door weekend warrior. Doesn't seem to hinder the ability to drive in circles at a high rate of speed.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Look at most touring and DTM cars, they're sedans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
          is a 4door stiffer or lighter? cause i always see 4door track e30s but i was like wtf thats not a sports car but a sedan.
          4 dr is stiffer I believe, once the interior is out it doesn't matter what the original weight is...
          Flickr
          Originally posted by Indecline06
          For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

agree with everybody above, here are my reasons.

-The price was what I was looking for
            -The location is where I needed it to be (flying from Germany to LAX, car in LA)
            -I'd owned a 325e, 325es, M3, and Touring, so I was hopping to get a sedan do something different.
            -After having a roll bar in an M3, the ability to open up the back half of the car is AMAZING!

Every time I use the car, i'm using the back doors for something or other, they are sooo helpful!

Update: Just drove the car home:o The left rear wheel looks like it is bent, so i'm going to take it off and see if the spacer is seated properly. Hopefully tomorrow my boss lets me take a few hours to get it inspected and registered, then it will be on the ring Saturday!

I haven't really gotten on it due to the wheel being sketchy and I don't want to burn up the brand new clutch, but I have a few observations thus far:

-Damn manual brakes are STIF
            -Damn it's loud in there
            -Damn this thing is begging to go fast
            -Damn 245/35/18 fronts tramline like no other
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

you sir are my new hero, i have a 4door as well but 318i non-sunroof car, i have been looking for inspiration for what i want to do right now its just on lotech springs, stock wheels, perty much stock, you car looks amazing, and btw thank you for serving our nation, myself i am in the army, and no longer a pfc...bad name choice.....
              Ray
              Originally posted by Erick
              Dude the M30 is stupid simple design. It's 6 manly men inside the block pushing up and down on the cylinder with Hercules-like force.

Comment

Originally posted by PFCRayB View Post
                you sir are my new hero, i have a 4door as well but 318i non-sunroof car, i have been looking for inspiration for what i want to do right now its just on lotech springs, stock wheels, perty much stock, you car looks amazing, and btw thank you for serving our nation, myself i am in the army, and no longer a pfc...bad name choice.....
                Ray
                thanks man!

slick top 318 sedan sounds awesome! Grab some nice shocks and stickey tires and that can be a hell of a momentum car!

So it's 1:36am and I've been in the garage since my son went to bed at 7:45. Mostly working on the E28 to get it out of the garage, and the E30 in the garage. The E30 is back home in her spot, and the E28 is wearing staggared 16" BBS RS's right now that look soooo damn good!

Comment

PASSED VEHICLE INSPECTION!!!! All you guys stationed in Germany know what a pain in the dick that is!

Ring this weekend?

Comment

Awsome, I heard from on of my srg that its wicked hard, o btw what where the black flairs and how did you get them to work on the rear
                    Originally posted by Erick
                    Dude the M30 is stupid simple design. It's 6 manly men inside the block pushing up and down on the cylinder with Hercules-like force.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      PASSED VEHICLE INSPECTION!!!! All you guys stationed in Germany know what a pain in the dick that is!

Ring this weekend?
                      I wish....got an off station LORE to due yet again.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

check out what I just won [peace]

anybody know where I can source a proper tachometer for this dash?

Taking the car to the nurburgring thursday! Gotta pull the driveshaft tonight, have it balanced and might as well put a new CSB in there, then put it back in monday night! yikes!

Comment

Nice cluster....All Period VDO gauges maybe ask Markus what the proper tach would be for this cluster. A Sun Tach does not Belong in there though that is for sure.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Awesome. I can't believe your sway bar is going between your downpipes (someone make a sexual joke of that).

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                              Awesome. I can't believe your sway bar is going between your downpipes (someone make a sexual joke of that).
                              yeah, it's not the best solution, but it works. I'd really like to have a front mounted sway bar, but finding one that can mount in front of the oil pan, and extend all the way to the strut is next to impossible.

I guess I'll just go dry sump, so i can get that pan out of the way:roll:

Here are some pictures of the car with plates on :) Most of them are of the E28 that i've been piecing together over the last year, I'm going to try and get that registered this week...

Comment

Your e30 is so sick! I love how business it looks!! Make the wheel color a little lighter and you are set! BTW how is the swap coming? time to get that bad boy on the ring again!!

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                                Instagram:
                                https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                                LS Build Thread:
                                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Working...
                                X