Big ass teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big ass teaser

I've pretty much been working on my car in all my free time (not a lot) for the last 3 weeks. A short list of what I've done: tie rods, new HVAC panel and OBC, wired a switch to get my cruise to work again, US ellipsoids, E36 window switches, FIXED MY A/C, black headliner, CF sunroof, control arms and THR CABs (not installed yet), and a few other things.

I messed with the alignment of the sunroof for almost 2 hours and this is the best I could do. A 1/4 gap between the gasket and the roof in the front, rear is sunken in, and driver's side sits about 1/4 above the roof.

black headliner

Last edited by Digitalwave; 10-10-2006, 03:54 PM.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Black door panels. Now.
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

youre probably the only one that will notice the alignment but this is what bothers me about aftermarket shit. its never as good as oem.......
      at least you got yours delivered to you. lots of guys got fucked. yours may be from a different buy, i dont know
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

The alignment doesn't bother me much, its the fact that it leaks like Niagra falls because of the gaps in the seal. I bought the panel used.

RISING EDGE

Comment

US Ellips were almost too easy to install, huh?

Sucks about gaps on the sunroof panel, it looks pretty trick though. I wouldn't have to worry much here though... since it rains for only about a month.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I have black door panels and map pockets if you want to buy them :D

looks like your CF sunroof fits about the same as my figerglass one. I might end up saving it until I do a dedicated track car..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ellipsoids finally! CF roof is nice, i want one. when u get sick of the fitment, hit me up . headline is painted? how hard is it to remove/install?

BTW, i want that jack, i saw it at costco for $80. but i had no way to bring it home, and now its gone of course....
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                ellipsoids finally! CF roof is nice, i want one. when u get sick of the fitment, hit me up . headline is painted? how hard is it to remove/install?

BTW, i want that jack, i saw it at costco for $80. but i had no way to bring it home, and now its gone of course....
                When I was searching "ellipsoid" here on r3v, pretty much every single thread I have posted on member's ride came up. That tells you something :)

I just masked the shit out of the interior and dyed it in the car. Looks AWESOME. I got the jack from Harbor Freight for $100. Its the only jack that fit under my frame rails (saddle heights is like 2.5").

RISING EDGE

Comment

The PO just looks at the pics of the fitment and said his seal looked bigger than mine is. But the one I put on the CF roof is the same width as the one that was on my old rusted sunroof. Any input from you guys? Do yours look thicker?

RISING EDGE

Comment

I have the sears version of that jack, it kicks ass!
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sears version? Is it as low as the Harbor Freight one? I have the Craftsman jack and ever since I lowered the car it became useless.

- Erick
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

awesome car dude.

Comment

meh its no honduh.

Comment

REALLY sweet car!
                            the CF is teh s3x

yeah, the big floor jacks are a pain. But if you get a couple pieces of 2x6 and drive up on them the jack will slip up under your car w/o a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                              US Ellips were almost too easy to install, huh?

Sucks about gaps on the sunroof panel, it looks pretty trick though. I wouldn't have to worry much here though... since it rains for only about a month.

yeah for a month for about 5 days.......

Comment

Working...
                              X