Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    What??
    In 7 years of e30 ownership...I've never heard of such a thing.
    And I run synthetic oil.
    you crazy? lol. every e30 i have encountered has leaked oil. it is just old age.

Comment

Hmm.
      Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I replace gaskets when things start to leak...

Comment

Hey and welcome i actually am new too and have the same model
        good luck with it.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Hmm.
          Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I replace gaskets when things start to leak...
          oh, that is probably why. mine used to leak, though it does not anymore. i was just referring to that fact that they leak at least once in there lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskool3 View Post
            Very clean looking car. Reminds me of mine a lot except mine has rust and way more km's. Your wife will fall in love with it im sure and I also predict another e30 added to your large fleet of cars when your wife won't let you take her car and you buy yourself a e30 DD as well. :)
            I would love to have a car as my DD, but then how would I lug 500+lbs of tools around (and another 1000lbs of materials occasionally), LOL.
            Hmm.
            My thoughts exactly. The 'Bird is 17yrs old and doesn't drip a lick.
            It all depends on previous maintainance.
            how come i cant see any pics?
            Maybe your connection?
            Hey and welcome i actually am new too and have the same model
            good luck with it.
            Yeah, new to the BMW's but a car enthusiast! ;) Can't wait till the 'Bird is in the 12's!
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Heaty welcome to R3V with your sweet Eta

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
                Heaty welcome to R3V with your sweet Eta
                "Why thank-you , thank you very much" - Elvis
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

No prob Bob :D

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
                    No prob Bob :D
                    My wife says this all the time... Ive never heard it from anyone but her. :)

ForceFirebird- Im very happy you have decided to dabble in BMW. :D

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                      My wife says this all the time... Ive never heard it from anyone but her. :)

ForceFirebird- Im very happy you have decided to dabble in BMW. :D

Mariano
                      Thanx, I like the aero package on yours - who's it from?
                      EDIT : Actually I like the stock spoiler better, but those side-skirts are sweet ;).
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
                        you crazy? lol. every e30 i have encountered has leaked oil. it is just old age.
                        probably because most of the ones you've seen are in about the same shape as yours (ie beat to shit parts cars).

most E30 oil leaks are an easy fix. the only thing that's hard to get to is the rear main seal, but that wouldn't be likely to leak unless your car has a billion miles on it..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Thanx, I like the aero package on yours - who's it from?
                          EDIT : Actually I like the stock spoiler better, but those side-skirts are sweet ;).
                          I hope you're kidding..
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            I hope you're kidding..
                            About the spoiler?! Nope not kidding, just not fond of the high risers (unless it's a 91-92 IROC which came stock).
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                              About the spoiler?! Nope not kidding, just not fond of the high risers (unless it's a 91-92 IROC which came stock).
                              it's okay, I guess you really are new to BMWs! mariano's car DOES have an OEM "bodykit", but in only came on a special model called the M3. the front lip is from an M3 evo 2 or 3 (i don't know M3s well enough to tell the difference) but the rest is pretty much how it came from the factory. :p
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                it's okay, I guess you really are new to BMWs! mariano's car DOES have an OEM "bodykit", but in only came on a special model called the M3. the front lip is from an M3 evo 2 or 3 (i don't know M3s well enough to tell the difference) but the rest is pretty much how it came from the factory. :p
                                Yep, newbe (I can actually say that now?lol) Haven't been around them enough to know all the differences in body styles/options. Won't be long though. In fact untill I saw mine at a repair shop for sale, never really thought twice about owning one (love at first sight) and it was a hoot to drive! I was always into "American Muscle". In fact I think I may have only owned 1 or 2 foreign cars in my lifetime (I've had more cars than I am years old).
                                They just don't make them like they used to - the newer ones are nice but just don't have the character of the earlier years. My wife wanted a 325i when we hooked up, instead she got me, my 2kids, and pregnant. Since then we had one more and when I saw this car, I pulled a little cash out of some investments and gave her the keys for our 3yr anneversary to our first date (and maybe I felt a little bad about buying myself the Firebird, haha).
                                EDIT: Sorry about the confusion on the kit being OEM, like many people do with the IROC's.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X