Repaint/Alpha-n/and more... E30 CONTENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cramer View Post
    Looking forward to your write up on the filter relocate Ted.

I have not found a solution I like yet but your's is the closest. I want to see if i can fit the filter along the frame rail pointed downward. This way, no oil leaks all over the fenders when you replace the filter :)
    The plate that is pictured is actually the wrong one. I just purchased the correct one from Jegs a few weeks ago. instead of having the oil cooler lines pointing out, they will be pointing straight down to the frame rail. they will then run along it back under the box to the oil filter housing on the block. I will use a stainless steel braided line spacer and some rubberized material to keep the line from rubbing on the frame and eroding it.

Yan - will do. My local buddy Anders who is building a turbo s14 (looking to crank out 350+ on pump gas) is the co-designer of the system. Hopefully next week we'll have a real sorted solution. I'll have to get pictures of his m3... he has a stand-alone Wolf EMS, COP ignition, customer everything... it's NUTS.
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

Comment

Nice, looking forward to seeing the final design!
      Chris
      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

forgive my ignorance, but what is Alpha N? 25mm M/C is a good mod did it to mine a month ago with SS lines. cheap and really feel a difference in pedal feel.

Comment

google
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Saaaweeeett!!

Comment

I can't wait to see this car!!!

Comment

im glued. im sure youll be kind enough to shave on s14 as well. ill be sure to check both the write up with pics and the turbo s14

Comment

Originally posted by nineohfour View Post
                  forgive my ignorance, but what is Alpha N? 25mm M/C is a good mod did it to mine a month ago with SS lines. cheap and really feel a difference in pedal feel.
                  Alpha N is a form of engine management system that eliminates the AFM and "piggybacks" the motronic. It gives you control over the fuel system, and uses an airtemperature sensor/TPS to calculate load and RPM. It is a much more efficient system than the AFM or standard motronic system gives you.
                  PNW Crew
                  90 m3
                  06 m5

Comment

Working...
                  X