project daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kellie View Post
    Needs less bumper stickers, and more basketweaves. The interior looks great though! Didn't end up needing new carpet after all, huh?
    i'm still thinking of how im going to get the bumper stickers off. they are dried on there and flake off leaving the glue behind. any suggestions?? goo gone does not seem to do it, and im afraid to use mineral spirits and tarnish the plastic.

as for the carpet, it did come out clean, but I may well get another one. there is a tear just below the dead pedal, but it will come.

basket weaves...YES! I will probably end up using the bottlecaps for the winter. But I want to get some paint on it first before I spend $$ on anything else.
    Last edited by rodrigo; 08-12-2007, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Shame the paint is toast, but looks better already.

Comment

Use mineral spirits or acetone to take those stickers off. You need to repaint the trim anyway, right?

I'm seriously impressed with your work on the interior. Some serious detail work on the exterior will clean that car up A LOT. Won't fix all the oxidized parts, but it will help them.

Comment

You could just buy all new trim. I recently bought Euro trim that deletes the side markers and it looks MUCH better. I think your cost is around $170? Something like that.
          sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your cirrus nice and cleaned up. Your work on the interior looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
              Use mineral spirits or acetone to take those stickers off. You need to repaint the trim anyway, right?
              Im going to pick up some mineral spirits or acetone, then. The trim looks to be fine...its still really black and not sun faded too badly at all. Back-to-Black should get it back in fine shape.

Comment

woohoo...everything lights up!
                Last edited by rodrigo; 05-06-2011, 07:22 AM.

Comment

ha- nice rod.. i dont think i have ever started or driven my car at night

go figure..
                  -Brandon-
                  2008 Sunlight Silver Subaru STi- full bolt ons and alky on stock turbo
                  2007 Sunlight Silver Mazdaspeed 3- fully modded 4th gear tire shredder!
                  1997 e36 Technoviolet-Metalic M3- Stock.. and keeping it clean

Comment

I need to do that ^. My OBC light has been out since the day I bought the car, and I have the bulb, but lack the motivation to fix it. How in the heck do you do it? Drugs?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kellie View Post
                      Needs less bumper stickers...
                      ok...acetone and a lot of finger nail worked :)

Comment

Today I fixed the stripped oil drain plug the previous owner left me with. It was not totally stripped when I got it, but after one oil change I went to torque the plug, and it turned and turned and turned...out came the speedy-dry and the broom.

After some thinking and going back and forth, I decided to use a 'Helicoil' to repair the thread. The Helicoil size is M12X1.5 (as someone indicated in a thread of mine in the General Tech Section). Also, It turned out that the previous owner used a different plug....after I inserted the Helicoil, the plug just did not fit. I went to the dealer (in my other car) and got an OEM plug....totally different than what the P.O. put in there.

The Helicoil was quite easy...
                        -Drain all oil and clean area to be chased with tap.
                        -Run tap through hole, apply red thread lock on the Helicoil side (a little anti-freeze on the drain plug so it does not stick from the thread-lock).
                        -Insert helicoil as per instructions.
                        -Removed the Helicoil tools, used a forcept and a long needle nose to twist off the 'cam' on the end of the Helicoil.
                        -Used a magnet probe to fish out any possible remnants of metal particles.
                        -Removed oil filter (just in case) and poured a few quarts of 10-30 oil letting it run through and draining out the oil pan drain.
                        -Used the magnetic probe again...another quart to flush.
                        -Plugged, tightened, replace oil filter, refil with 20-50 oil.

No drips. :D

Also got some new (to me) mirrors in Black from a member on here (Thanks!) since mine were quite eaten away from the sun.

Tomorrow I'd like to do some more stuff.....

Comment

Nice project, your interior PWNs, great tips on detailing too. :D
                          Still need $$$ for an e30...

Comment

holy crap you cleaned the hell out of that interior...and i thought mine was in good shape...im steam cleaning it now just so you dont win :P
                            beware of attack squirrels

Comment

interior looks great. what is Plasti-dipping though?
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

prolly striped out cuz they put the wrong plug in there...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X