My new 18" wheels...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e28jay
    replied
    Nice Ryan! I think they look great on the car. If I ever found them in 17s, I'd throw them on my e28.

    Looks good!!! Look even better with painted centers!

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Bling blink mother f-er....

    Leave a comment:


  • Z3Jonathan
    replied
    Originally posted by M3 Ryan
    Thanks for all the replies guys!
    These are SHOW RIMS. The 711's are CHEAP ($75/tire) and last over 40k miles, so thats good for me to just roll around on.
    I am considering painting the centers Lachssilber to match my car better...
    I filled the bumpers myself, its a lot of work but it is very unique and looks badass. There are only 5-7 cars with them that I know of...
    My new job is going really well, I am having fun and catching on very quickly.
    I can't run anything wider because of the offset of the rims. I like how the tires are stretched back, looks more EURO.
    My E28 is going fine, just driving it with my new motor. That car got new rims too, some 16x7 Ronals


    Thanks guys, keep the comments comming!
    Kumho 711's are cheap tires... but are you seriously going to get 40k miles from them? They must be hard as a rock.

    Leave a comment:


  • el_4ever
    replied
    too big...in my opinion, even for show

    Leave a comment:


  • DanGillan
    replied
    i love those wheels, the other ones didnt do it for me, these ones do. I also love the filled in bumpers, but is it me, or is your front bumper sagging pretty bad on the passenger side? what happened? overall, :up: good work man!

    Leave a comment:


  • C ///M
    replied
    I like 18's on the m3. After all, good 'ole dtm'ers ran 'em.

    I like those wheels way more than your old ones. I really dislike the '95 M3 double spokes. I can't really tell you why, just that I don't like the way they look

    If you wanted "bling" or "show" wheels, replicas aren't gonna do it. I love LMs, in the top 3 of my favorite wheels, but I just don't think they did that great a job on the replica. Looks good from some angles, and kinda shitty from others (at some angles they seem to yell: "cheap").

    I love the polished look. The BMW emblems are ok, If I were you, I'd try and find some BBS emblems, while it's kinda like putting an M badge on a non-M, I think it would probably look better.

    The tires are crap. For show, I suppose that's fine and a good way to save money, but that means that you never drive the car with those wheels on for daily activity or what?

    I'm a fan of oversized circumference since the e30 simply had a crappy tire size. However, stretched rubber is stupid. But that isn't stretched...so you're in the clear..haha. Any narrower and it would look like shit though, but it looks pretty good. Stetched would be completely stupid on your car because it seems stupid to build a 2.5 stroker s14 and setup the car for performance driving, only to purposely put a shitty performing wheel/tire setup on the car.

    Anyway, my overall opinion : :up: Because I like it a lot more than the '95 M3 double spokes. I still think you need real tires even if they're not for performance oriented driving. All this still doesn't change my opinion of your front bumper... :evil:

    Either way, nice work. You get a cookie if you gave enough of a shit to read through my whole response. (it's in the mail).

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    those wheels are sweet, only thing i would change about them is a fatter lip since they are for all show anywayz...i also REALLY liked the gunmetal motorsports, they were freakin sweet. damn yer money!!! LOL

    i am going to start school at Wyotech in sacramento next semester, my goal is to be a bmw tech and eventually open my own shop here in SF with a few buddys of mine. good luck on your own goals, sounds like yer gettin where you want to be.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bryson
    replied
    I really like the way the wheels look right now, don't paint the centers.
    I was angry-drunk last night .. I'm sure everyone here has experienced nights like that
    The car looks sweet as hell, but I still think the tires are oversized and it makes the car look high :P

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    The wheels look great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    You need contrast now. Paint those wheels gunmetal like you had the motorsports. Sick wheels though.

    Leave a comment:


  • cahomey
    replied
    these look cool, but the motorsports looked much better IMO

    Leave a comment:


  • Giorgio
    replied
    tell your friend i will trade my 15" weaves with black centers and silver lip for his if he doesn't like them

    Leave a comment:


  • theberglar
    replied
    :shock:

    Wow, those look really nice.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by M3 Ryan
    Those are my old wheels... I sold my gunmetal ones in trade for those all silver ones and he was just test fitting them on his car. He in my housemate here in santa babrara.
    He seems to have good taste in cars. That's always a good thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • rward325
    replied
    Carjust keeps getting better as time goes on! Keep up the good work

    Leave a comment:

Working...