April 2020 Car of the Month: Aprilscherz Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2020 Car of the Month: Aprilscherz Cabrio

***Editors Note: Not all E30s get this kind of love and treatment. When I heard this car was being built, I was very excited and as you can see, the attention to detail on this is amazing. Congrats Mike***

Factory options: Euro 323 m-tech

Color: Schwarz

Interior color: Natur

Engine modifications: Stock

Exhaust: Stock

Transmission: Stock

Differential: Stock Open

Suspension: Custom Lowering Kit

Wheels: BBS RS

Exterior modifications: Paint Matching in Tamiya Black, All red taillights, smoked kidneys

Interior modifications: Cardinal Red Extended

Story behind the car: This was one of those lucky finds when you werent planning or expecting it, but when I saw it I had to have it. I knew immediately what I wanted, but as usual there were some things that immediately had to go. This wasnt a real ///M car so those graphics had to go. The wheels screamed 80s so I felt those needed to be updated to the correct BBS style. Once that was done, the ride height needed to be corrected, and man oh man am I glad I did. I get all the Barbies now. Still not content with it though, I decided to update the interior from the boring Natur Tan to a Sexy Cardinal Red. Now I am chased by all the Barbies as I roll down PCH. Then the piece de resistance, an OEM Hardtop with carrier. I prefer to have the top down (just like my ladies), so its nice to have the carrier. However, it certainly looks the part when installed on the car, would you agree? Enjoy, ya jackholes!

With the hardtop on

Mid Build, looked good, but I wasnt done yet!

How it looked brand new! Not bad, but definitely needed work

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

if you ever wanna sell it, DM me

Comment

Whether or not this is an April Fools joke, it is still AWESOME and definitely deserves it's own COTM. Very cool!

Comment

Aprilscherz eh... Simon, you a fool. Glad someone's being productive in quarantine at least
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Dat hardtop cart.

Comment

This is excellent! The hardtop and rack are nice accessories! You should do a diorama of a garage to scale and put that vert in it.

Comment

Shoulda kept the OG wheels

I have the same Hot Wheels, makes me want to drop mine haha

Comment

Nice! Well deserved 'COTM'

While we're sharing models from isolation, here's my Group A M3 slot car

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

How many miles on this car Simon? Disappointed no mechanical specs or engine pics. Huh? Is this on bags? lol

Comment

Working...
                  X