Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarantine got the best of me.

Hey,

Always been into e30s but never pulled the trigger. Quarantine got the best of me and I picked up this 1991 325i in Schwarz. Needs paint and a lot of love but I'm stoked to finally call one my own. Lowered on BC Racing Coil overs and has Black Sport seats. First thing I did when I got it home was removed a trailer hitch previous owner had installed.

Already have VHT niteshade red paint for all red tails, mtech II lip, and an antenna delete plug on the way.

Eventual goal is to swap a m52 and zf320 in it but for now just enjoying cleaning it up a but and making it mine.

Nice! welcome

Comment

Took advantage of the nice weather and pulled the floormats out and gave the carpet and mats a good cleaning. Didnt think of getting many before pics but I'm happy with the way it all turned out. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200429_114213.jpeg
Views:	641
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	9921696 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200429_124755.jpeg
Views:	641
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	9921694 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200429_130233.jpeg
Views:	631
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	9921695

Comment

Well that escalated quickly. Spent the last couple of weeks getting parts ready for a 24v swap. Currently have;

M52B28 with accessories-Will be OBDII
        ZF320
        E36 328i Driveshaft
        E34 Oil pan
        E28 Mounts
        E21 Trans mounts
        E36 steering rack
        M50 Intake
        Ebay Headers
        E34 Throttle Cable and other odds and ends.

**I AM STILL LOOKING FOR AN S3.25 OR S2.93 DIFF IN THE VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA AREA**

Will be starting swap 6/26/20. I am looking to sell the original drivetrain. 1991 325i M20B25 with 160,500 miles, Auto Trans, S4.10 diff. If any of these interest you please DM me. I'll make a FS thread for this also.

But I am stoked! Will hopefully be making a separate build thread.

Have a good one.

Comment

Looks like it has potential!

Hope you didn't jack it up by that tow hitch - it's basically just bolted to the bottom of the tire well and the bumper. I had one a long time ago but never could bring myself to drill holes in the floor of the trunk.

Have you considered keeping the M20B25 and building it? They actually have a lot of potential. So many people started swapping them for M50s in the early 2000s it started getting hard to find a solid M20 to build from. I think people have come back around now and appreciate them a lot more.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No, didn't jack it using the tow hitch, thought about it but decided against it. Glad we did. And the holes in the wheel well do bug me quite a bit! Trying to come up with the best solution for those.

And I've thought about building the m20. But TBH the m52 swap is something I've always wanted to do (Friend had a delphin one back in early 2000s) and scoring some of the parts from friends kind of led the build in this direction. Maybe a built m20 will be my 2nd e30 haha.
            Last edited by goppx001; 06-22-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Damn I need to update this thread! Completed the swap a couple months ago and am in the process of cleaning everything up and getting everything the way I want it. Will hopefully add more pictures and info soon. Heres some pics mid build.

Comment

Add more pics for sure
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Alright everyone, going to try and update this as much as possible the next couple of days but with Kids and a Family its tough, i'm sure a few of you can relate. The S2.93 LSD was by far the hardest part to acquire for this build. The first one I located I had shipped via FedEx and the "lost" it. I spent hours on the phone with them to no avail, it actually was insane how little they cared or little of technology the used during the tracking process, but after a huge headache and time lost I moved forward looking for a new one. Weeks (months?) went by looking on FB and the forums. Then one day I saw one for sale on R3V. Messaged the guy a couple days after he had posted it. I thought I had probably missed out on it, but when he responded he still had it I hoped in my car and drove from Virginia Beach to Charlotte NC to get it, I wasn't going to let a shipping company screw me over again. Dude in Charlotte was really cool. had an s52 swapped coupe. We chatted for a few then it was back to VB.

Comment

After the swap was in and running. I originally had the m20 airbox as my airlifter but opted for a cone filter in the end. Have spent some time trying to tidy up under the hood. Plan on eventually removing ABS and cleaning things up on that side of the bay as well.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by goppx001; 05-15-2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Car was on 14" basket weaves and very low on BC adjustable coils. Once i had the m52 in I was pretty damn worried about my oilpan, so next thing was to adjust the ride height up a little and get some 16's. Wheels are XXR 521 16x8 et 20 tires are 225/45/16. I eventually want to change up wheels but these were the exact specs I was looking for and the price was good so i hopped on them.

Comment

For the interior I have fixed some things like the glove box latch, replaced the hood release latch, and replaced the cluster plastic. Replaced the airbag steering, got a stich boots boot, and condor shift knob. Dash capped my straight up CRACKED dash.

Picked up a set of black OEM floor mats, and some black footwell speaker covers. I am eventually trying to transition everything over to black on the interior.

Comment

The exterior of the car still has a long way but i have most of the parts to make it the way I want it, I am waiting for slightly nicer weather to hopefully get it resprayed in Schwarz. I have an is front lip, is rear wing, is side skirts, euro trim, Hella smileys, MHW rep taillights, and other small things that the exterior is missing like fender trim.

All in all I'm happy with the way the interior is for now, again eventually im going to try and transition to all black (carpet, headliner, rear shelf, premium speakers, etc.)

The swap itself has run strong, I really like the zf320 s2.93 combo. The goal is to eventually turbo the m52.

Welp there's my recent contribution to the forums. i know on FB we've been talking about returning to the forums. LETS DO IT.

Side note: This entire build comes from knowledge learned on these forums. Thanks to everyone who has put info into the 24v swap guides. its amazing the wealth of info in there.

Comment

I switched to a 2.93 with my ZF320 last year and I agree, it feels right in the car with the swap.

Car is looking good!
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I love the 2.93 in my turbo M20!

Comment

Working...
                              X