Das camino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das camino

So I’ve been an bmw guy since high school. When I first got some real money I bought an anemic e36 318is, with an auto. It was less than amazing but it was green and had a sun roof. These were things that were important to me at that time.
    fast forward a few years and after a slew of Chevy trucks I picked up a 1990 bronzit E30 325i coupe, again an auto.
    It wound up getting a 5spd, bilstien sports and H&R race springs. Flogged on that for a couple years, had a heck of a time getting it pass emissions, eventually sold it down the river around 2011?
    Recently I’d been keeping my eye out for a cheap e30 just to drive as a daily fun car.
    and then I found out about Volvo traktors.
    In some Scandinavian countries you can get a limited drivers license when your 14, if your vehicle can carry an agricultural load and is speed limited.
    so the kids there all take volvo wagons and hack them into trucks, get them inspected and then turbo them or whatever kids do.
    This got me thinking. I’d actually still like to build a Volvo. But I found this Ute conversion that I think Matt fielding build @fieldingfabrication on instagram
    needless to say I was smitten.
    found a good deal on an 86 eta and the rest is history. So without further adew here’s my new work truck.
    This is phase one. It’s going to get paint, a small lift, tube bumpers and some at tyres this winter but for now she’s a driver.

Looks well done.

Comment

Very cool., More pics of the tailgate please!

Easy lift can be accomplished with Cabrio springs and Bilsteins from an E36.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thats super impressive!
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I dig it!

Comment

Very well done! The bed looks very usable and the execution of the tail gate looks great. Ultimate parts runner.

MJ

Comment

That's gotta be the best Ute conversion I've come across! Great job on the gate.

Is that an s10 rear panel grafted?
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Good looking conversion! I never quite got time to finish mine.

Is the wood floor just installed over the factory floorpan?
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...32-offroad-e30
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Awesome! I have always wanted an E30 pickup, this one looks well done. Looking forward to more pics

Comment

Working...
                    X