The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Let's keep you motivated, what's your time frame for the panel replacement work?
    I'd guess it's some time between a month and whenever the sun depletes it's fuel.

But seriously, as caretaker, what do you think will be going on with this ARGNS in 50 years? Scrapped, art piece, parted?

Comment

Reichart12 Ideally I can take it on some rally's next year, and my buddy with the 914 has been talking about doing one for a long time. With his 40th birthday coming up in June I hope my car is 'done' by then, even if its one side completed by then. I have an awesome livery I want to have for a classic car rally.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

But seriously, as caretaker, what do you think will be going on with this ARGNS in 50 years? Scrapped, art piece, parted?
      The interesting thing about the ARGNS is that Alfa made a TON of them, but because they werent anything really sought after for such a long time many were thrown away when the rust got bad. At the Best of France and Italy show a few months back there was a TON of GTVs but only 3 other Giulias besides mine.

Theres also stuff like this that makes me very happy. At a C&C where there were TONS of 6 figure Porsches, mine gets noticed by others

Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Did my annual New Years Day drive and not sure if it was all the stuff they dropped to clear up the snow & ice, but if you look close behind the front wheel here you can see the tip of an iceberg that is about to be 2022s major project.

I mentioned earlier that there was a small distraction and it turns out there will be 2 projects happening concurrently. The rust repair is one, but the second will be elevating the driving position to what I need and want from the car. I thought I missed out on the remote shifter (twice actually) but persistent pays off and it’s my headache now. Between this and the new Steering Wheel, I have a lot of work to do this year. It’s missing the mounting point so if you have pics or ideas, please share them

Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Based on the video it seems like you have no real issues shifting, and your torso to steering wheel relationship seems good for leverage. Can't really tell on the legs, but from the seating position pictured it does look like the seat is too far from the wheel, yet too close to the pedals.

Is the pedal actuation more of a down press than a forward press?

Comment

You’ll see me leaning forward a lot when pulling maneuvers, my arms need to be a little closer to the steering and shifter
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

2022 Goal has begun... must finish this in less than 360 days

Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

You should use the factory undercoating when complete. Pretty sure it's just hydrous HNO3. Works best when applied to bare steel.

Comment

**Brace yourself**

How it started:

Poked the bear...

Grinded.

Cut it.

Out.

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Good start, lots more to cut out, or so it seems.

Comment

Thats the fuel tank, 1/2 blue and 1/2 brown. Theres still a little more to clean up inside the cavity, but I got the worst of it out and theres still some clean up on the backside that you can see.

The part that drives me crazy is that this repair/ repaint was done in 2004 and they simply welded a new panel right on top of the rusty one, and the 'replacement' panel on the backside actually helped to collect all the sh!t inside and continue rusting inside out...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Are you using an actual grinding disc or flap wheel to take the paint back? If so, I'd suggest a wire wheel since it will take off paint but not metal.

Comment

I have a wire wheel but I couldnt get the flap wheel off and I was being impatient lol
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Had some fun with this video, and man o man, wait until you see what’s next...

tip of the iceberg indeed!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Moar drawers for more chores?

I think you have more cutting to do.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I think you have more cutting to do.
                                Wait until you see what I ended up cutting out today lol
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X