X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    One week later

Hoping to get this up on the engine stand here this weekend and start the teardown and rebuild of the bottom end!

Its about to get real serious

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Before you install it I'd love to see you grill on the oil pan, provided it has that classic finned one.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    oooooo

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Some engine related updates...

One small package arrived and didnt take up any noticeable difference in the garage...

Another one definitely will be noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Cool idea and clean execution. Hope it does the trick

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Well... two more weeks without the car, but since my buddy is daily driving it he wanted to address something that was bothering him; the throttle pedal. He spent a few minutes designing a plate that relocates the pedal to make heel-toe easier and a more comfortable position.

Heres what he started with

Heres the initial design. It needed one revision but this was about it

Piece mocked up

Final position

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    looks great

Leave a comment:

• mjweimer
    replied
    Nice update - looking good.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Saw Kevan at the MidCity gtg last night and was happy to see the car and that he had thrown some paint on the panel

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Make a quick little video with a lot of stuff you've seen but some stuff you havent.

https://youtu.be/CkKORLCyspE

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by uturn View Post
    Everytime I see an update on the Giulia, I think "Super Nova"!
    Wheres that store? Someday I should try and take a picture next to it!

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Mmm, tacky.

Seriously, it looks good, and I bet it was big boost to how you feel about the project.
    It really was a good feeling. The rockers are going to be an even bigger adventure, and one I will have to tackle 100% on my own, so we'll see how it goes then. I'll probably drive the car for a little bit after Kevan gives it back

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Mmm, tacky.

Seriously, it looks good, and I bet it was big boost to how you feel about the project.

Leave a comment:

• uturn
    replied
    Everytime I see an update on the Giulia, I think "Super Nova"!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220313_055117.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	10049589

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Kevan sent me a text in the middle of the day yesterday stating he planned to stay late at work and if I wanted to come work on my car we’d have a few hours. This sounded great other than the drive across Los Angeles on a Friday afternoon. Anyways, later that night I arrived to see my car and see what we could get done.

Step one was to plug the last pinhole and coating the area in some undercoating. I didn’t go overboard, just covered any areas that may have potential for future rust.

Then the real fun began with the trimming and fitting of the panel over and over until it was as good as it would get.

And then... burn it on.Kevan started the tacks to get it fitted, then I did like 100 tacks after that.

And then!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X