No announcement yet.

The Super Nuova...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the snip gesture in the video, I fear for your nether regions.

Comment

What's the problem with cutting up higher and just getting rid of the sandwich? Won't that just be easier to work with?

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
        What's the problem with cutting up higher and just getting rid of the sandwich? Won't that just be easier to work with?
        that was my thought too, so I figured I’ll see just how high that other panel goes too.I’m happy I bought the large replacement panel...

Last edited by 2mAn; 01-09-2022, 11:00 AM.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Getting down with it, nice. Good choice cutting more out to get rid of that overlapped panel, less to worry about in the future and hopefully easier to bodywork later.

Have you looked at a set of butt-weld clamps to hold the piece once you get to the final fit?

Looks like they skimmed that filler way up the quarter panel, hopefully it starts getting a lot thinner the farther you go....you need a good vacuum too!

Comment

Glad the old patch is short, also, for a space like yours making a quick space filter with HVAC filters in a box shape around a box fan pulling air through the filter box can work pretty well to control dust.

Comment

My only critique is that I've seen too many people impaled in the face with cutoff wheels to not wear a face shield and to stay out of the plane of rotation.
              Awkward and annoying to wear, but worth it for how sketchy the cutoff discs are.

Sorry for the safety whine, work looks good!
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                My only critique is that I've seen too many people impaled in the face with cutoff wheels to not wear a face shield and to stay out of the plane of rotation.
                Awkward and annoying to wear, but worth it for how sketchy the cutoff discs are.

Sorry for the safety whine, work looks good!
                All good, I totally understand and that and some real ear protection are coming in the near future, especially as I have a lot more cutting to do. I've definitely gotten more conscious about my safety as I've aged (and had some close calls lol)
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

BTW - Nice appearance on The Late Brake Show - Projects of the People. I quite enjoy Jonny's work.

The show is well worth the watch but if impatient skip to ~7:36

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                    BTW - Nice appearance on The Late Brake Show - Projects of the People. I quite enjoy Jonny's work.

The show is well worth the watch but if impatient skip to ~7:36

I picked a whole 40 subscribers from that hahah ... I wish I had more time to make a better video, but it is what it is...

I love Jonny's barn find videos, his most recent one has an old guy with a bunch of cars that are badly neglected and some were vandalized and sadly the idiots torched a 318is
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I picked a whole 40 subscribers from that hahah ... I wish I had more time to make a better video, but it is what it is...

I love Jonny's barn find videos, his most recent one has an old guy with a bunch of cars that are badly neglected and some were vandalized and sadly the idiots torched a 318is
                      Time to up your production values with 10K in gear.

That last video was full of nonsense from that old guy, and none of those cars would have been ruined in that way if he just moved the cars on instead of hoarding.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Time to up your production values with 10K in gear.

That last video was full of nonsense from that old guy, and none of those cars would have been ruined in that way if he just moved the cars on instead of hoarding.
                        $10k in production gear?? lol Maybe when I get to 1000 subscribers and can get a few pennies back for my time and effort...

The 'cardening' video was quite sad, and that seems to pop up a lot lately around. I know of a local old guy who has a LOT of cars too... Im dreaming of a day that I can show up with a fistful of dollars and drive away in 3 R129s...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

$10k in production gear?? lol Maybe when I get to 1000 subscribers and can get a few pennies back for my time and effort...

The 'cardening' video was quite sad, and that seems to pop up a lot lately around. I know of a local old guy who has a LOT of cars too... Im dreaming of a day that I can show up with a fistful of dollars and drive away in 3 R129s...
                          Yeah, that's a basic setup.

Comment

Yeah, that's a basic setup.
                            Im content with my sh!t videos. Might try to get a second camera going for my driving videos so one can focus on the road and the other on my 'piloting skills' lol
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Im content with my sh!t videos. Might try to get a second camera going for my driving videos so one can focus on the road and the other on my 'piloting skills' lol
                              Go full Best Motoring and have one inset camera shot just for the footwell. Also, get one of those foam finger pointers just like Tsuchiya.

Comment

Go full Best Motoring and have one inset camera shot just for the footwell. Also, get one of those foam finger pointers just like Tsuchiya.
                                But who will be the skinny twig of an Asian woman I can sexually harass while she stands in a bikini in the frigid weather
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X