No announcement yet.

demon m3 coming back from the dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I was able to see either of your cars when I still lived in Morristown NJ. I def miss it there. Nice cars, I am very jellous.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      There needs to be a limit of 2 E30 M3s per owner enacted. Nice collection sir. I love blue E30s so have at it. Will look great with that interior.
      Yes hahaha

I vote TechnoViolet if you're gonna paint it
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
        Id stick with an oem e30 m3 color. Macao blue would add more value and look great with your interior. Im sure it would look good with the original color of the car too ;)
        Originally posted by tak7 View Post
        You have impeccable taste sir!
        Love the Alpine, especially the interior!
        There needs to be a limit of 2 E30 M3s per owner enacted. Nice collection sir. I love blue E30s so have at it. Will look great with that interior.
        Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        What a fantastic duo! I love love love the interior on your white car

I'm with you on the Macau, I think it would look great with the Evo 2 interior.
        Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
        Wish I was able to see either of your cars when I still lived in Morristown NJ. I def miss it there. Nice cars, I am very jellous.
        Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
        Yes hahaha

I vote TechnoViolet if you're gonna paint it
        Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments and suggestions!

I have my heart set on an s54 in this so I did a quick compression test this morning and will be replacing plugs and valve cover gasket after the holidays. Compression was a consistent 170psi across all cylinders on an engine that was only partially warmed up and I didn't put any oil in the plug holes :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: - pretty happy with these numbers (i have another e36 m3 with 126k miles that gets same compression)

I will be selling this engine (probably trans too) once I begin the paint process (guessing mid/late December) so if you know of anyone wanting an s52 in the next few weeks/months let them know.

Some pics just because.

Comment

nice m3

Been following this m3 over on the west coast for awhile. Glad someone is going to fix it up and looking forward to the progress. Hate to say it, but I would repaint it in the oem red, unless you think that very nice interior will not work with that color.
          jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
            Been following this m3 over on the west coast for awhile. Glad someone is going to fix it up and looking forward to the progress. Hate to say it, but I would repaint it in the oem red, unless you think that very nice interior will not work with that color.
            jm
            Completely understand your point on the red but my alpine is my OEM+ project since it has the original s14, period correct cloth etc. If this car had an s14 I would be more inclined to stay "pure" with the car but since it has been wrecked and has been swapped already I think this is the perfect platform to do something more custom on...even though I do plan to to keep to the EVO 2 appearance theme.

Comment

yup. thats the life. A mint OEM E30 M3 with the S14, then another one to just throw the sexiest color and a badass motor into.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

good point

Yeh, if I had two, I would probably do the same thing:). enjoy them; looking forward to your progress.
                jm

Comment

Well small update (no pics just status). Got the car up on the lift today and went through it all with the guy who does most of the big work for me. Overall the bodywork checked out really well. Car was put back together the way it should have been. A few things need pulled but nothing major at all. Even better news is that there is zero rust or rot. Being in the northeast we are used to some so it was nice to know that no floorpans have to be replaced :).
                  There was a lot of rear end noise and shakiness and it turned out to be some loose diff bolts and some shot bushings. Will be replacing bushings at a later date but good to know nothing serious wrong in the rear. Shocks are blown all around and the camber plates up front were hacked up and put in completely wrong somehow so he put in some stock top hats and we are good for now. Will be ordering new koni inserts all around as well after the swap.
                  The engine is strong and I think I have a few buyers lined up so we can get the s54 swap moving.

Color: the paint is in great condition and I think we might just get the swap done and get the suspension, drivetrain sorted first and then get back to respray talks at a later date.

Interior: Going to sell off this tan interior ASAP - if anyone wants it let me know. Since I probably won't be painting the car immediately the EVO 2 seats aren't going to go in just yet (i will probably get some leather reupholstered in the mean time) so I might just put the Recaros in for the time being.

Besides that - pretty happy with the final OK on the car and excited to start piecing together everything.

Comment

good deal

Glad to see this car put back together!!!Have fun with it and post lots of pictures:)
                    jm

Comment

Originally posted by FAM3OUS View Post
                      Haha - I will be honest since I was able to source the grey EVO 2 cloth (below) i was leaning OEM Macao Blue, since the dark blue gray combo is perfect; but after talking to many owners who have seen it in person they said it wasn't as good in person so being an e36 guy I immediately thought Techno or Estoril
                      E36s looked great with Techno/Daytona over Dove or Mulberry. I say use this interior and do Daytona. It would look killer with the widebody...mmm

(just do it so I can live vicariously through you. kthx)
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        E36s looked great with Techno/Daytona over Dove or Mulberry. I say use this interior and do Daytona. It would look killer with the widebody...mmm

(just do it so I can live vicariously through you. kthx)
                        Haha agreed - I have a hellrot with the M-Cloth as well and think it looks great - either Macao or Techno is where I am leaning - we shall see. My e36 below

Comment

agree'd Although with the way prices are going I'll never own one..

Nice cars man I love em

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Well small update - S52 is out and sold - going into another E30 which I am happy about. AMS Autowerks has the car still and will be painting the engine bay after the new year.

In the mean time I have been acquiring some parts for the S54 swap
                            First things first was sourcing an s54 which I was able to do - this one has ~99k miles on it. I have already purchased WPC treated bearings and bolts along with Beisan seals and disc for full VANOS bulletproofing. I also got M3ANONE headers from M3F which will sound great.

Next up is new Koni inserts for the GC coilovers, Camber plates, refreshed cooling system, ZF 5 Speed tranny, and full e36 m3 clutch/pp/tob etc.

After that I should have enough parts to get the engine in and start on little things such as interior, cluster, and final body work and paint.

Will post updates every few weeks here as they develop.

Comment

nice build

Keep us posted, this is going to be great!!
                              jm

Comment

Awesome! I was looking into buying this car as well! glad it's in good hands :up:
                                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                                X