Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    You coulda had a Lotus….
    Still do... update coming soon

    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    that thing needs to be rolled into the ocean

    good for content making if you're into that i guess

    maybe sentimental

    maybe mental

    who knows.
    making 'good' content is what a youtube channel is supposed to do, mine is no example of good content.

    definitely mental lol

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    that thing needs to be rolled into the ocean

    good for content making if you're into that i guess

    maybe sentimental

    maybe mental

    who knows.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    You coulda had a Lotus….

    Leave a comment:


  • dirty30
    replied
    I owned a 76 for about 10 years, they are great cars and fun to drive but fair weather cars for sure. Too hot and cramped in the summer and I didn't dare drive it in the winter because they rust like nobody's business, even a galvanized car like mine. I looked at the porsche and my bmw and had to really make a hard decision on which one would go and in the end I sold the porsche. My bmw just works better as old drivable car plus it would smoke any old porsche aside from a turbo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chilezen
    replied
    If I had the time and was crazy (one of which is true), I would (and could) build a tube frame chassis on a jig table, and then plop that beat up shell on top of it. Anything less would be.. dangerous.
    Basically what Mike is doing with his F40 shell. But this is the hillbilly version of it.
    Last edited by Chilezen; 09-26-2026, 02:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici
    Now THAT is a project.
    I guess values are high enough that it's worth fixing a car like that?
    I think it's more for content (Donut), but basically seems like a good way to get into one/make a restoration of this scale feasible.

    I'm all for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    Saw a 911 Carrera same body style go for over a million at a Mecum auction. I'm not really a well versed Porsche snob but they are super valuable.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Well I guess if early a decent early 318i with a 325 swap was over $30k people would be buying 325is shells that look like that to fix up. I think I have my analogy right, the only 911 vs 912 ID feature I can see is the engine cradle mounts. Classic 911s are Hemi Charger tier for how far gone a car can be before people just scrap it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Now THAT is a project.
    I guess values are high enough that it's worth fixing a car like that?

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Paid a visit to another R3V member to help with his Porsche project ...


    and you thought I was crazy

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Panici
    Nothing like a good forum collab.

    Why black lockstrip instead of chrome?
    Alpine White with chrome isnt the sexy combo, but Alpine White with Shadowline is a very sexy combo... Just have to do ALL the rest now haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Nothing like a good forum collab.

    Why black lockstrip instead of chrome?

    Leave a comment:


  • max.rodriguezzz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    Are you saying you want to do my front lockstrip too?!
    I meeaaaaan, I wouldn't be opposed...

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by max.rodriguezzz
    ... I looked it up and believe it or not they make a special tool for the lockstrip its like barley $20. That woulda been good to know before hand, my finger tips are still sore hahah. Also that 2.7i rips ;0
    Are you saying you want to do my front lockstrip too?!

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Looks way better!

    PS 911 thread when?

    Leave a comment:

Working...