Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83
    I’m team cow catcher . Is the a rear “cow catcher” something oem to add on the rear for early model
    "OEM" Would be something like an Mtech 1 rear apron, but that's for euro bumbners.

    OEM-like stuff exists from a decent number of other companies from back in the time when e30s were new, finding them however may not be as easy as they used to be. Racing Dynamics (RD) and Zender I know for sure did.

    R3v Link on this topic: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...-diving-boards

    There are some companies selling them now either copies or other versions but I don't want to link something that I don't know for sure isn't scammy.

    Leave a comment:


  • rjmcdermott81
    replied
    I've successfully buffed my cluster cover with cutting compound and a rotary. Same concept as fixing hazy headlights.

    The first page of this is an advertisement for SEM trim paint. That stuff is so money...

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    You might be able to make the cluster window look a lot better with some plastic polish, I was able to make quite an improvement on one that was a little hazy and scratched up

    Leave a comment:


  • prisonerofdoom83
    replied
    I’m team cow catcher . Is the a rear “cow catcher” something oem to add on the rear for early model

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    So, you played with your knob, tucked, and cut your shaft?

    Good progress.

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    So, you played with your knob, tucked, and cut your shaft?

    Good progress.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    Now get an Mtech 1 kit or at least euro bumbners so I can vicariously live through you.
    Never! Cowcatcher Gang? (Is that a thing)

    A few things that I changed/ updated...

    Being that the Diving Boards are not going anywhere, I had been wanting to add the 'High-Dive' setup that one of our very own has been selling for a while now. I was preparing to buy one directly from him, but found out a good friend and fellow Cowcatcher gang member had one (making it a thing, join in!). So I installed that and figured I would make a quick 5 minute video about it, in case others wanted to see the differences. I love it, and recommend buying one.
    ​




    The other thing I changed was inside the car (and there are more changes coming here soon .'.)

    Trey was smart enough to swap out the wood steering and shift knob with some OEM leather parts and I am actively working on swapping those out too haha

    First up was the Leather shift knob (for sale BTW)


    Replaced with a Garagistic Baseball Bat Delrin shift knob... I was tempted to get the white one, but my hands would get it dirty pretty quick


    That's not all folks! One of the FIRST things I did on this, and shockingly a problem on too many E30s is the Odometer gears. The cluster also didnt illuminate. I purchased the gears from Garagistic, and bulbs (along with other stuff) from Bluntech and set about doing them, but thats where the fun just started...



    Got it all cracked open and noticed a missing gear and shaft... OKAAYYYY let the fun begin



    With a missing gear and shaft I started hunting to see what I could use as a shaft, and hey look at that, a drill bit is almost the exact correct size.



    So after all that!... Drill bit cut down to size, everything installed, uncovered and hoped for the best.



    It didnt work. Back to the drawing board.
    .
    .
    .
    A trip to BMA and I have bulbs... but then realized I dont have (1) the bulb holders, and (2) the orange covers to properly illuminate the cluster.




    Luckily having friends who also like E30s, I was able to beg and plead and had the bulb holders and covers... and the clear cover I needed as well!

    [/url]Untitled by Simon Tuman, on Flickr

    Odometer rolled to 165,999 and went for a drive.


    Success!


    Last edited by 2mAn; 09-22-2025, 09:41 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy

    I'm curious to see what a "junkyard" 2.7i can do
    Not much

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Yayyyyy. Running E30s are cool.

    Now get an Mtech 1 kit or at least euro bumbners so I can vicariously live through you.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    TFTI

    I'm curious to see what a "junkyard" 2.7i can do

    Don't hose make only like 130hp?

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    The car has a lightweight flywheel, I believe from Ireland Engineering and likely has a bit less weight than the SuperETA swapped late model. MrBurg will be the victim of what this car will do against a Stock M20B25. I will have the GoPro mounted aiming backwards LOL
    Ahh, but your car had 2 people in it and the seta car only had one. I would assume the seta car had a decent weight advantage.

    That meet looks awesome! I need to start getting out in Philly now that my car seems reliable. (300 miles on the new head and 60 on the new oil pan) Plus, it's cooling off so the lack of AC isn't an issue anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy

    wait I thought garages are for storing shit you don't use anymore
    Dont talk about the Elan that way!

    McGyver The car has a lightweight flywheel, I believe from Ireland Engineering and likely has a bit less weight than the SuperETA swapped late model. MrBurg will be the victim of what this car will do against a Stock M20B25. I will have the GoPro mounted aiming backwards LOL

    Figured I would take it to the end-of-the-month BMW GTG known as the Mid-City gtg



    Was nice being there in an E30 again.

    This is Trey's car that just got repainted and will be receiving the 2.9L that was originally in this car. I will have to bully him into sharing the car here.



    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    That was a cool video!

    It's interesting that a m20b27 bottom end with an m20b25 885 head pulls on a seta. I assume the seta has a better compression ratio, but a worse cam profile. How does the budget stroker hold up against a stock m20b25? After all my machining work, I really hope my 2.7i is noticeably quicker than a seta!

    Leave a comment:


  • mike.bmw
    replied
    Awwwww yeah.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
    That old picture is badass. Look guys, a TWO car garage can actually fit two cars. Nice come up OP. So wild how cars have got so much larger over the years.
    wait I thought garages are for storing shit you don't use anymore

    Leave a comment:

Working...