Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault
Collapse
X
-
Some cruise control modules go bad - the electrolytic caps dry out, I had to desolder all of them and replace them with new ones from digikey to get mine working. -
My life the last few weeks of working on the e30 has been underdash wiring... lemme know what questions you have, also all my connectors are labeledm (ive used a lot of blue tape the last few weeks...) , next time I swing by the car I'll double check which connector is which and answer your questions.
also.. still need that cruise control module?Leave a comment:
-
Check the clutch switch- if your car was auto factory and manual swapped, the cruise harness clutch switch plug will already be looped. But worth checking as that's what causes no workie cruise most of the time
Post a pic of the top of your clutch pedal/pedal box
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, no reason to buy several...
Cross-posting this here, but made its own thread just in case someone actually searches for similar answers down the road. Basically, the never-ending project of trying to un-fuq the E30, I am trying to identify a bunch of various connectors.
Group 1 is behind the dash in the glovebox area.
This group sort-of looked like it would go behind the HVAC panel, but the blue connector should be for the Cruise Control Module, the others... no idea.

Pretty sure I have a few of these identified. 2 wires for glovebox light, rectangle connector for the flashlight, but the rest?...

Finally theres this. No clue at all. These wires/ connector are literally coming off the ECU!

Now we switch to under the hood. This group is on the passenger side. I believe the boot-ed 2 pin connector is for the coolant that would've gone on the side of the radiator IF mine had the original early model setup, but mine has the late model radiator and reservoir. The long-ish chewed up connector SHOULD be for the exterior temp sensor, yes?

Those 2 wires Im holding... no idea?... Notice anything else?

Now, switch to the driverside. Similar connector to the pass side, but theres a bridged connector too...

and after a few minutes of searching around via links provided by AWDBOB, and some more browsing on ebay, I found an actuator and it turned out to be SUPER local to me... went and got both the actuator AND the module for $80 which seems like the right price...

Starting from here:

We move under the dash to this connector.

The other side is under the engine bay right now, but I still need some more time to find the hole in the firewall I need to feed it through...

So for now, it sits here...

The Actuator connects to here and basically heads to the throttle body. Notice the tight fit to the garagistic strut bar... yes, I broke the plastic trying to bend the metal.

Theres the module which is mounted in the glovebox area to the blue connector pictured above. Here it is "mounted"

SO what else is needed for this to work?... (1) Plug it in, after finding the hole and routing the wiring to the connector, (2) Who knows! ... that might be it! ...(3) fix more broken stuff and find the homes for all those loose wires...
Leave a comment:
-
You are only picking one photo?
These are my three faves, with the first one being my choice if I could only pick one!
Code:https://www.caliphotography.com/i/media--2FApr-18-2026-Nasa+--28Sat--29+--5B--5Bd61f2ef246--5D--5D--2FHPDE+1-2--2FSession+1--2FCML_0572_Apr1826_1007AM_CaliPhoto.jpg/all https://www.caliphotography.com/i/media--2FApr-18-2026-Nasa+--28Sat--29+--5B--5Bd61f2ef246--5D--5D--2FHPDE+1-2--2FSession+1--2FCML_0284_Apr1826_1003AM_CaliPhoto.jpg/all https://www.caliphotography.com/i/media--2FApr-18-2026-Nasa+--28Sat--29+--5B--5Bd61f2ef246--5D--5D--2FHPDE+1-2--2FSession+3--2FCML_0191_Apr1826_206PM_CaliPhoto.jpg/all
Leave a comment:
-
Oh yea, it was a good ol time... Trying to figure out what picture to purchase to memorialize the event, link to pics here
I also tried something because I love doing stupid things in the name of science (and the state of gas prices lol) . I learned that upon arrival at Buttonwillow, If I fill up the tank I can run 4 20min sessions AND drive the ~125 miles home on that same tank of gas. Fuel light turned on just a few miles from home.
The other thing that I discovered is that I need AWDBOB to send me a care package containing the M20B25 cruise control module that goes under the hood, a blank piece for the dash and these other inner glovebox trim we had previously discussed.
Send me a PM with your demands, Sir
😂 1Leave a comment:
-
Boy do I love the look of the E30 compared to all the other round cars in line with you.
Judging by those tires you were moving pretty well!
Fun is what it's all about, glad you had a good time and the car survived.Leave a comment:
-
Had my first track day with NASA at Buttonwillow, running the Classic course in their typical 13CW configuration. I've run this track only once before, nearly 9 years ago with the Aluminum Monster. I knew I wouldn't match the time I got with that car, but was very curious how much fun I would have... Plenty of fun was had. I plan to run with NASA as much as possible going forward to slowly move up with them to potentially (though not likely lol ...SpecE30)

I was going to make some kind of video but I suck and nothing worked properly. Mic was muffled, GoPro track footage was on time-lapse instead of normal... BUT my Harrys Lap Timer actually worked on one session.

Didn't really get too many 'clean runs' but overall I think I may have been able to go ~10-15 seconds faster if there was no traffic. There was a lot of traffic though... still had fun.

at the end of the day I happened to notice my tires being well-used... hopefully they will still be good in the canyons as I dont plan on replacing them anytime soon haha

and the only pics I took of other cars...
This S54 swapped Wagon was nice. Perfect Dad mobile for SoCal.



Finally... the sad reality of HPDE. I was pitted next to this guy who had done plenty of events with NASA. Nearly the last session of the day and the mistake was made... Buttonwillow has a fun set of S-turns followed by 'Sunset' turn which puts you onto the front straight. Cars go off here all the time, usually because of not decreasing their speed to make the 90* left turn. They always suggest just going straight off and not trying to save it. He tried to save it which brough him back onto the straight and heading for the barrier wall. Sad, but driver was ok

Last car update for now, a car-nerd told me that my YOM plate has the wrong colored sticker for the month and showed me where to get one... so now I got one.
Last edited by 2mAn; 04-20-2026, 10:14 AM.👍 3Leave a comment:
-
I love the pic going on a canyon drive.
That pic motivates me to drive my blk e30. πππ🥰 1Leave a comment:
-
Have you ever taken the window motor apart? Itβs not too bed some penetrating spray then some grease works wondersGot a pic from Friday, I liked this one even though the one on the way back Kev was way closer haha

With the track day coming up next weekend, I have my focus on the important thing... tunes. I currently have 1 speaker working using some old speaker cable. I will replace the old cable with some newer, better quality cables and unfortunately the MB Quart speakers I bought a while ago arent the right size, so I have to find a way to get the correct size, not sure why I was convinced the stock speakers were 4"
I also got this done finally.. the RTS Auto- Child Seat Tether. Car seat is now 100% secure. That top tether is a legit mod.

I have a few main things I also want to address is the slow windows, I'll see if I can at least get the driverside window to move faster than a snail pace.👍 1Leave a comment:
-
sheeit, 3:30am your time I'd already be done my first coffee at work.Leave a comment:
-
Got a pic from Friday, I liked this one even though the one on the way back Kev was way closer haha

With the track day coming up next weekend, I have my focus on the important thing... tunes. I currently have 1 speaker working using some old speaker cable. I will replace the old cable with some newer, better quality cables and unfortunately the MB Quart speakers I bought a while ago arent the right size, so I have to find a way to get the correct size, not sure why I was convinced the stock speakers were 4"
I also got this done finally.. the RTS Auto- Child Seat Tether. Car seat is now 100% secure. That top tether is a legit mod.

I have a few main things I also want to address is the slow windows, I'll see if I can at least get the driverside window to move faster than a snail pace.🥰 2👍 1Leave a comment:
-
I almost text you guys at 3:30 this morning... I know one of you is probably awake at that hour
Leave a comment:
-
He'll text you at 2:30am when the little one won't let him sleep, but it's not going to be a pleasant text😂 1Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: