Rust goes both ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate your effort.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Thank you.

Edit: You're welcome.
      1992 318ic

Comment

I've got 3 of the diff bolts in but I can't get the driver side top one in.
        1992 318ic

Comment

i fucking hate me some spiders
          e30s r kool

Comment

Originally posted by vivalegreg View Post
            i fucking hate me some spiders
            I like Turtles!

------------------------------------------------
            DAMN WTF!!!

Comment

Going with 3 diff bolts and one subframe mount. The passenger side one doesn't line up at all ever since I jacked the car up on that jack point next to it.
              1992 318ic

Comment

Originally posted by caffeinatedsoap View Post
                Going with 3 diff bolts and one subframe mount. The passenger side one doesn't line up at all ever since I jacked the car up on that jack point next to it.
                Explain this please...one subframe mount?
                Eric Giles
                '20 M2 CS
                '04 M3
                '11 X5 35D
                '87 325is
                '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                  I admire your intentions, but that car just has too much rust to be worth all of the hassle. But I do wish you the best of luck with it!
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                    Explain this please...one subframe mount?
                    Sorry subframe bracket. It goes over the bolt and then bolts to the chassis. I can only get one bolted to the chassis. The other doesn't line up. Both subframe bushings are installed correctly.
                    1992 318ic

Comment

do yourself a favor and get everything to fit like it should before it all falls off while your driving and u get hurt. dont cut corners. especially when it comes to anything holding u to the road.
                      Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                      every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                      Originally posted by Jparkr
                      The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                      87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Originally posted by ben312 View Post
                        do yourself a favor and get everything to fit like it should before it all falls off while your driving and u get hurt. dont cut corners. especially when it comes to anything holding u to the road.
                        I can't.
                        1992 318ic

Comment

Originally posted by caffeinatedsoap View Post
                          I can't.
                          Then bend that metal back where you jacked on it-you do NOT want to leave that plate off and unbolted as it helps provide extra rigidity and strength in that area. Even when that area isn't bent it can take some persuasion to get them aligned and installed properly.

But I will say it once again-take my advice and let this car go. Believe me-I have saved a few E30's that might not have been worth it to some people, but none of them had any rust either. The condition of the underside of this car is just scary and in my opinion not entirely safe.
                          Eric Giles
                          '20 M2 CS
                          '04 M3
                          '11 X5 35D
                          '87 325is
                          '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

wow, dude this project takes balls.
                            i commend you!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Yeah the subframe bracket does seem kind of important. What would be a good recommendation on straightening it out?
                              1992 318ic

Comment

The time and effort you are putting into this heap, you can do into a cleaner chassis :)
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X