No announcement yet.

I Can haz $300.00 e30 M3....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickass, ofcourse there will be haters since 'omg it's an m3', but you took a rotten worthless pile of garbage and are making it into something beautiful.

Comment

Awesome thread. Subscribed for updates

Auto Technic J-Stock Suspension Kit, Bilstein Shocks and Struts, ST Sway Bars, Front Camber Plates, Offset Euro Upper Strut Mounts, Chassis Reinforced, Aluminum Rear Shock Mounts, Offset control Arm bushings, Custom Control Arms, Custom Springs, Conforti Chip, UUC Ultimate Shift Kit, Kosei K1s, Sabelt 5 Point Race Belts

Comment

looks awesome to me, it's better then letting it sit and rot. fuck the haters.

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
          Kickass, ofcourse there will be haters since 'omg it's an m3', but you took a rotten worthless pile of garbage and are making it into something beautiful.
          Originally posted by e30_kid View Post
          looks awesome to me, it's better then letting it sit and rot. fuck the haters.
          Think ill have to get a euro plate made for the window to say "Not4purists"

The car was in a feild for 5 years I think its better off w/ me :p

Im going to probably put the engine on the stand this weekend and start getting down and dirty

Comment

How it sat couple hours ago

How it sits now

Cams look mint....no scoring anywhere, all clean inside no sludge or anything

PO never swapped to the metal one, luckily it never grenaded

Snapped a coil some how on its way out...guess ill have to buy some BavAuto ones now ;)

Best tool ever to have doing engine work, Cordless 3/4 Impact...zips everything off with ease.

Trying to keep everything super organized, as soon as a bolt got taken off it went in a zip loc bag and got labeled.

Also picked this up from Josh today....1995 M3 Rack....Anyone know which tie rods I use? e36 or e30?

Just put an order in to pelican for a bottom end gasket kit and some other things. Im going to probably be running a cometic head gasket with ARP head studs just so it can handle boost when I get to that point....I plan on going to a machine shop tomorrow and speaking to the guy about check all the clearances out in the motor and such to make sure everything is good to go. I personally do know how to do it but would rather leave it to a professional.

Hopefully going to clean the block and parts up on sunday and recoating them

Comment

Good job fixing this up, like where your headed with it. Now i just need to find one for $300, hell even a couple grand.. though i got my 318is for free :P
              Wait, you both have small dogs? thats kinda
              ~e30s52

Comment

[QUOTE
                Also picked this up from Josh today....1995 M3 Rack....Anyone know which tie rods I use? e36 or e30?

[/QUOTE]

you can only use the e36 tie rods on an e36 rack- unless you are going to change the inner joints out too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mstngcobr761;1721293]In my eyes this is one of the more realistic builds to date cause its an average person doing it....not someone who owns a shop or can pay for it to all get done at a shop

QUOTE]

thats the biggest TOOL statement I have heard in a long time. I redid my car and am not "rich" or have my own shop -- just because you are cutting corners doesnt mean for 1 second you are "real"

i can't wait to see this car up for sale in a year or so-- completely hacked--- please prove me wrong.

Comment

[quote=mikeedler;1735543]
                    Originally posted by Mstngcobr761 View Post
                    In my eyes this is one of the more realistic builds to date cause its an average person doing it....not someone who owns a shop or can pay for it to all get done at a shop

QUOTE]

thats the biggest TOOL statement I have heard in a long time. I redid my car and am not "rich" or have my own shop -- just because you are cutting corners doesnt mean for 1 second you are "real"

i can't wait to see this car up for sale in a year or so-- completely hacked--- please prove me wrong.
                    Hows that make me a tool? hahah dude who the fuck pissed in your cornflakes this morning...If you dont like what your seeing then you dont have to look at this thread and/or comment on it. I see no area where im really cutting corners so I dont know what your talking about...I guess the car should of just stayed in that feild and rust away completely

Comment

Boys boys, don't fight. Solve the whole issue and give it to me. I'll hack it up away from the prying eyes of the public ;) Goodluck with the build.

Comment

Very good job with the build thus far, bud. Regardless of what anyone says, you're doing it, not them. Take it with a grain of salt. That's quite and under taking to nearly "fall" into your lap.

This was probably talked about, but there's 10 pages, so apologies but, what engine is that you're dropping in? What's your target HP etc etc?

Keep us updated! Pictures are like candy...

-C
                        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I've seen a lot of really high-dollar restorations in my time, and I've seen the rest of them too. This falls nicely between the two. It's not kludged together with bondo and fiberglass, it's done on a budget that will yield the best results, and when it'd finished it won't be rotted out in two years because of cut corners. OP, keep up the good work, I can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                            Very good job with the build thus far, bud. Regardless of what anyone says, you're doing it, not them. Take it with a grain of salt. That's quite and under taking to nearly "fall" into your lap.

This was probably talked about, but there's 10 pages, so apologies but, what engine is that you're dropping in? What's your target HP etc etc?

Keep us updated! Pictures are like candy...

-C
                            Its a 95 m3 engine...S50. Target HP is 300+, plan on supercharging it.

Originally posted by Bin_jammin View Post
                            I've seen a lot of really high-dollar restorations in my time, and I've seen the rest of them too. This falls nicely between the two. It's not kludged together with bondo and fiberglass, it's done on a budget that will yield the best results, and when it'd finished it won't be rotted out in two years because of cut corners. OP, keep up the good work, I can't wait to see it finished.
                            Thanks! Ive seen some very bad restos my self thats why I was so offended when I was told I was cutting corners. It will be going to a body shop so im def. going to have them check everything over cause I dont want it rotting out againn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mstngcobr761 View Post
                              Thanks! Ive seen some very bad restos my self thats why I was so offended when I was told I was cutting corners. It will be going to a body shop so im def. going to have them check everything over cause I dont want it rotting out againn.
                              Yeah man, there's so many ways to cut corners and just say "fuck it" to get it back on the road quicker. If it's a car you're going to actually enjoy hammering on there's no reason to spend $30,000 to restore it when $5-10k will do the job.

It's an e30 m3. It's not a Buggati type 57c. They're hardly the rarest cars in the world. There's a lot of them out there and they can be purchased for roughly the same price as a good used Honda Accord to the price of a new Honda Accord in range. Not worth getting your little dick hard about someone not restoring it to your standards guys.

Go enjoy your car man, you've done the work to deserve it.

Comment

I like it! I like what you've done so far, and I like where it's going....and I definitely admire the amount of work you're putting in. I don't really understand why people are making this project seem so controversial.
                                Originally posted by accident
                                I have achieved the title of Douche of the month.
                                Discuss.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                It was probably pissed off because it didn't want to pay taxes for poor people's healthcare.
                                1990 300ZX TT 5spd ($6,000)
                                1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X