Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can haz $300.00 e30 M3....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Mstngcobr761 View Post
    Too late now...if its that bad ill have to drape some sort of cloth over it
    May be a little late, but I would go get some flat or semigloss black and at least paint over the rear deck/parcel shelf, even if the rest of the interior stays white. You will dramatically increase rear visibility with a dark, uniform color below the window.
    Patrick Henry

    1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880


    Comment


      Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
      you can only use the e36 tie rods on an e36 rack- unless you are going to change the inner joints out too.

      What he said.. Plus, the e36 are a little more agressive, you can see they are almost straight, where the e30 ones dip down a bit. The draw back is they are WAY more expensive than the e30 ones.

      Comment


        Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
        May be a little late, but I would go get some flat or semigloss black and at least paint over the rear deck/parcel shelf, even if the rest of the interior stays white. You will dramatically increase rear visibility with a dark, uniform color below the window.
        I may do this..i had the car outside and the reflections coming off the interior were crazy

        Comment


          your a lucky lucky man! that really is a sweet find! I look forward to more of your progress man. I just started my build about a month ago. Finally decided to start a build thread... check it out!

          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=153363

          I must say though, it's no $300 M3!!

          E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

          Comment


            yeah, meant leave the rearseat in there yo!

            1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

            Comment


              Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              yeah, meant leave the rearseat in there yo!
              haha the cage is already in, girls bitch enough about crawling into back seats cant even imagine how much they would if they had to contort around big metal poles.

              Originally posted by freeski27 View Post
              your a lucky lucky man! that really is a sweet find! I look forward to more of your progress man. I just started my build about a month ago. Finally decided to start a build thread... check it out!

              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=153363

              I must say though, it's no $300 M3!!
              Still and awesome build though, good luck with it your already making huge progress!

              Comment




                All came today! It was like an early christmas...Sorry for the dark picture...

                Bottom End Gasket Kit
                Valve Cover Kit
                White325is's Custom Supercharger Bracket

                Still need to order ARP Head Studs and Cosmetic Head Gasket

                Comment


                  Thats a noice bracket you got there son!!!

                  Comment


                    Shit yes, business just got serious
                    - Chris
                    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

                    Comment


                      Due to my gnarly hangover today, only a very little bit got done. Ran around to the autostores and picked up engine enamel, plasti guage and some degreaser.

                      Started with the oil pan...at first scrubbed with wire brush and degreased, then realized im an idiot and have a soda blaster. Put it outside and went to town.

                      Came out like this:


                      Picked up some silver engine enamel for various parts of the engine, oil filter housing, oil pan and the timing covers. So I sprayed the oil pan after it roughened it up a little




                      Hopefully get to the filter housing tomorrow and plastiguaging the rod bearings

                      Comment


                        Mid-Day Update

                        Got up early today and started scrubing my life away. Started with the engine block.

                        All scrubed off:


                        Painted:


                        I know I painted over the freeze plugs....going to wire brush the paint out later

                        Then did the oil filter housing and the motor mount arms




                        Hopefully going to go out later on and take the s50 oil pan off...plastiguage rod and main bearings, then if all is well put the m50 pick up and pan on

                        Comment


                          Subscribed...someday when i get out of the military and have a permanent garage im going to do a build!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Mstngcobr761 View Post
                            Mid-Day Update

                            Got up early today and started scrubing my life away. Started with the engine block.

                            All scrubed off:


                            Painted:


                            I know I painted over the freeze plugs....going to wire brush the paint out later

                            Then did the oil filter housing and the motor mount arms




                            Hopefully going to go out later on and take the s50 oil pan off...plastiguage rod and main bearings, then if all is well put the m50 pick up and pan on
                            Dont use plastiguage. Use a Snap guage and a micrometer.

                            www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                              Dont use plastiguage. Use a Snap guage and a micrometer.
                              Explain further? Ive never done it that way and was only taught how to do it using plastiguage

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Mstngcobr761 View Post
                                Explain further? Ive never done it that way and was only taught how to do it using plastiguage
                                Take the two measurements from the rods and the crank. Take those two numbers and subtract and you have your clearence.

                                Is that what you are asking me?

                                www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X