I Can haz $300.00 e30 M3....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
    you don't get it and Im sure you won't either. Its about the balance and the overall feel of the M3- not 400 hp in a "car"

whatever makes you happy though.
    I do get it....w/ the s14 its a perfect 50/50 balance making it a beast handling wise...Im building MY dream car not a vintage race car, everyone builds a car for their own purpose. If it came with an complete s14 I would have never swapped it.Like I said if you dont like this thread stay the fuck out, you never have anything good to say so I really dont see why you waste your time. Go piss and moan elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Mstngcobr761 View Post
      I do get it....w/ the s14 its a perfect 50/50 balance making it a beast handling wise...Im building MY dream car not a vintage race car, everyone builds a car for their own purpose. If it came with an complete s14 I would have never swapped it.Like I said if you dont like this thread stay the fuck out, you never have anything good to say so I really dont see why you waste your time. Go piss and moan elsewhere
      That was a little much...
      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Clearly you don't understand, having a 50/50 ratio will be much more fun than having over twice the horsepower . You do you, this car will be a blast, and you're not going to be driving it complaining the extra 100lbs or so is really dragging you down. You know what even better lighten up the front end a bit, there problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
          That was a little much...
          well all he does is come in and shit on my thread...its not even constructive comments just insults... little irked by it at this point

Comment

Originally posted by HiTheNameIsBJ View Post
            Clearly you don't understand, having a 50/50 ratio will be much more fun than having over twice the horsepower . You do you, this car will be a blast, and you're not going to be driving it complaining the extra 100lbs or so is really dragging you down. You know what even better lighten up the front end a bit, there problem s
            olved.
            Its not that I dont understand...its all about personal opinion what is more fun and what isnt...the car is still going to handle well so im not realll worried about it.

Comment

Not everyone has 5k to drop on a S14 when the car still needs everything else. Putting in the bigger motor is still reversible so what does it matter if the S14 goes in now or in 5 years?
              sigpic

Comment

I don't know how to do the multi quote thing so:

pureaudio: Not everyone has 5k to drop on a S14 when the car still needs everything else. Putting in the bigger motor is still reversible so what does it matter if the S14 goes in now or in 5 years?

If you can build a boosted S52, you are near the price of a running S14 engine. If you don't have the money.....then you will have tsave and do it slowly........it will be worth the wait!

Mstngcobr761: S14 is a very quirky motor...plauged with problems that arent cheap. I can build a reliable Turbo S50 for that same 4-5k and make 400 horsepower instead of 190hp.

Yes, the S14 requires you to be on top of all maitenance, there are no shortcuts. I don't buy into reliable turbo S50......if you are doing it on a budget, you will have problems and you will be working under the hood just as much as an S14.

Mstngcobr761: its not like the swap isnt reversible...i can always switch back .

With your "quirky and plauged" comment, I don't see you ever switching to a S14. Unless maybe you found one for $300 (installed)

I understand, it's your build..... But you have just scored a dream car (for many) and you are screwing it up from the get-go. A $300 M3 + $4500 S14 would have you up and running for under $5K.

I'd guess that all the people (or purists) that are against ditching the S14 are actual E30M3 owners.....and the other just wouldn't understand. (like yourself)

I don't see this as saving a E30M3, it's more like saving an E30.

Comment

Originally posted by euro3 View Post
                  I understand, it's your build..... But you have just scored a dream car (for many) and you are screwing it up from the get-go. A $300 M3 + $4500 S14 would have you up and running for under $5K.

I'd guess that all the people (or purists) that are against ditching the S14 are actual E30M3 owners.....and the other just wouldn't understand. (like yourself).
                  The car would be running but look like absolute shit and would def. NOT pass inspection or be anywhere near road worthy for 5k.

Now it seems your having the problem understanding, its a dream car for many people I understand. So what if my dream never included the s14, ever think of that? Im not here to please purists,thus why I do not post on s14.net cause they most of them are pompous a-holes and think one way and one way only.

At the end of the day, I am still an e30m3 "owner"...the title is still in my name and im going to do what I want....end of story so just stop arguing your point cause my decision will not change and that is not what this thread was started for

Comment

The car would be running but look like absolute shit and would def. NOT pass inspection or be anywhere near road worthy for 5k.

But you would have a starting point that is 10K under the average M3.

Now it seems your having the problem understanding, its a dream car for many people I understand. So what if my dream never included the s14, ever think of that? Im not here to please purists,thus why I do not post on s14.net cause they most of them are pompous a-holes and think one way and one way only.

Those a-holes know your M3 better than you, funny how you have passed judgement.

At the end of the day, I am still an e30m3 "owner"...the title is still in my name and im going to do what I want....end of story so just stop arguing your point cause my decision will not change and that is not what this thread was started for

You are right, good luck with your build.

Comment

awsome what you are doing for the car my friend! :D

E30 ///M3 My Only Dream car
                      BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                      www.e30.is

Comment

I think you are taking it all a bit the wrong way. I am not trying to bash you- just make a point-- maybe try to sway/lead you a bit in the right direction. I am not young (not too old either) search for some pics of my M3 on here---- it is not eveyones cup of tea- and over the years I have done alot to "return" it back from my own tuning. alot of people on here would feel I took alot away from what the car "could do" if it were setup "correctly".- I am no purist by any means

if the E30 M3 is your "dream car"- ask yourself "why?"-- is it cause of the fenders- or is because of the overall car-- and you should know where we are coming from.-- last year I put together a turbo M20 car- because I wanted a "fast" car too- it was boring and a pain in the ass to always "fix"-- its gone and the S14 is still here.

like you said its your car - do waht you want to it. and I wont even look in this thread anymore if you don't want opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                          I think you are taking it all a bit the wrong way. I am not trying to bash you- just make a point-- maybe try to sway/lead you a bit in the right direction. I am not young (not too old either) search for some pics of my M3 on here---- it is not eveyones cup of tea- and over the years I have done alot to "return" it back from my own tuning. alot of people on here would feel I took alot away from what the car "could do" if it were setup "correctly".- I am no purist by any means

if the E30 M3 is your "dream car"- ask yourself "why?"-- is it cause of the fenders- or is because of the overall car-- and you should know where we are coming from.-- last year I put together a turbo M20 car- because I wanted a "fast" car too- it was boring and a pain in the ass to always "fix"-- its gone and the S14 is still here.

Like you said its your car - do waht you want to it. and I wont even look in this thread anymore if you don't want opinions.
                          Overall Car...I really plan on buying another one w/ the s14 just to have the perfect e30 m3 but with this one I really wanted to go all out for a street monster...This car could never go back to what it was (numbers matching wise)...I tend to take things the wrong way in all situations...I should know not everyone will agree with what im doing but as the saying goes "You live and you learn" couple years down the road and im kicking myself in the ass going why'd I do that maybe ill understand that I shouldnt have do the car this way...but everything is reversible that I have done so far and I dont plan on making anything permanant.

Comment

There are a number of people on here with m5x/s5x e30m3's on here and s14! I like the idea a lot and I would totally agree that the s50 is the way to go, I love the look of that engine in the e30. Congrats and I look forward to seeing how it turns out!
                            stephenbrody.com

Comment

looking great.
                              don't listen to the haters, everyone is to their own opinion. my preference is the 4-banger, but the S50/2 really kick ass.
                              I don't also understand how some of you jerks call this 'anti purist'.
                              anti-purist would be to swap in a fucking chevy or ford engine into it.
                              It's still M-powered, so what's the problem?
                              many of the big dudes on s14 are running the newer engines too, some i can think off the top of my head are: Vlad, and that dude with the alpine vert rep who i see around town a lot...

keep up the good work man.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I have an M3 with the s14 and I would never swap it out. I love the way it sounds, love the way it revs and even love the way it smells (You s14 guys know exactly what i mean). But thats me not you. I think what you are doing with your car is great, its going to be a really nice M3. One thing that irks me is that lots of people think the M3 can't be your dream car if you don't want the s14 in it. So what if some folks like it for the way it looks? It looks awsome, right off the the showroom floor. I like 66-77 Ford Bronco's because of what they look like. Does that mean I'm wrong if I swap in a 351 or a big block? Lets let this guy show us his build, i know it keeps me entertained.

Jeff
                                (one of the pompus a-holes from s14.net :) )
                                All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

Working...
                                X