• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a hoist? Fuck I envy that :P

Turbo M42 Build thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

GoPro failed, but my brother got a bit of video on his Iphone :)

- Chris
      Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Looks like your having loads of fun! Planning on keeping to playing in the dirt or still unsure about it?

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

I won't say I'm commiting. BUTTTT

Plan goes like this:

Standard Engine + Rings + Bolts, boost it to 12-15psi or stop just shy of 200kW if its coming that easy. Tune Antilag and have a switch on the dash.

I'm selling the gold 16" dorfito spec wheels. And looking into fitting some E28 struts (have a 4pot 300mm Brake solution kicking around for these) in the front of the car. So will be going fivelug if I can pull that off.

The car should mostly be for the tarmac stuff. But it's only about an hour's stuffing around to get it on the dirt :) I'll whack in a hydraulic handbrake for the odd Motokhana / Dirt Event and just use it to the most of my ability and have a pile of fun.
          - Chris

Comment

Spending money frenzy!!!!

Bought a bunch of shit, have shit coming etc etc no pics yet though :D

Here: DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Turbo Beanie

Coming: 3 qurt Moroso Accumulator

Just Bought: JE Forged 10:1 Pistons

Things Left to Buy that I know off: Hetic Alloy Radiator, Coatings for the Pistons (doing it locally), Machining of Block, Big Head Bolts, might do bearings, New clutch plate for the 240mm M3 Clutch *insert all the random little shit that triples the cost of a major project*

p.s. VAC were a total PITA to deal with, made contact with RaceTEP and have purchased pistons in under 24hours. WIN
            - Chris

Comment

WOW! i wish had the drive and motivation you have!! i can't even get my fucking e30 out of the garage!!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
              Originally posted by scabzzzz
              I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
              1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
              2002 325i - DD
              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

I sold the daily E30 so not having two to focus on helps. But I really want some boosted E30 in my life :D
                - Chris

Comment

Nice work. Hopefully next week my big spending spree will happen too :P About 5-6k or so worth. Can't wait to get some boost goin on.

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Cant wait for the boost either :)
                    - Chris

Comment

New Year? New Motivation, New Updates.

I've been cracking on the brake master cylinder / inlet manifold clashing problems straight up. Once I get that done, focus can turn to making the other shit work. Whats the point finishing the engine install if I don't have any brakes???

SOOOOOOO

Here is what we started with, nice tidy and business like. Let the shit FLY!

First Problem, Suprise, aftermarket pedals don't fit in the location I thought. nevermind let's think about this:

Well I thought about it alot and screwed around with cylinders here and there and it was just turning out too hard. Had a look on the interwebs, hmmm $400 for something that might work better (floor mount). So I'm giving it a red hot go first.

As much as people whinge and bitch about the PULL rod setup in RHD E30s. It is just that. A pull rod, not a push rod. Given it must have some flex, I doubt it contributes to the mushy brake pedal that much. What do you expect with single piston sliding calipers anyway! So I'm mounting two masters on the passenger side with a custom bellcrank to actuate them.

I have finalised on a pedal ratio of 5.85:1. This is slightly less agressive than the pedal box I bought (5.3:1) and much better than the factory pedal setup would have been (4.8:1), but that is on a booster system. I have done this because the pedal box I bought came with mammoth cylinders. 2 x 7/8's and a 1". I am going to give the 2 x 7/8 a go and hopefully it works out half decent with the standard calipers.

Having said all that I am working towards a brake upgrade that will include fixed calipers atleast on the front of some unknown origin. Lots of stuff to do before then!

So some pictures of where I'm at.

It's a bit hard to get a decent picture without the masters mounted:

birds eye view of the setup:

custom hand finished bell crank (non of this laser profiled shit), not finished yet:

As far as I got with the master cylinder mount plate before breaking the drill press while trying to drill 35mm holes :crazy:

- Chris

Comment

Hey e30guydownunder nice project you have going. What are the specs on them gold wheels you want to sell? do you have some pics?

Comment

They are now sold. But they were XXR 522, 16 x 8, ET0. They didn't fit without hacking your guards up and now I will be doing a bit of body work over the break also

They can be purchased locally for about $800, I could send you the details for the distributor if your interested. He gets in alot of wheels (whole XXR range, enkei, work etc etc)
                          - Chris

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                            They are now sold. But they were XXR 522, 16 x 8, ET0. They didn't fit without hacking your guards up and now I will be doing a bit of body work over the break also

They can be purchased locally for about $800, I could send you the details for the distributor if your interested. He gets in alot of wheels (whole XXR range, enkei, work etc etc)
                            Did you ever get any decent photos of the rims and tyres side on? I wanna see if they had any stretch. I want to change to a ku36 but I'm not going to do it if they have any stretch and risk fucking up how awesome my wheel/tyre combo looks currently.

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

I had 205 V70A's. They had no stretch, but there was plenty of poke happening. You can sort of see here.

Just finished fabbing the pedal box up! Now to paint it, install it and hose it all up.

In this picture you can see the weld off to the side where I have plug welded a 6mm High Tensile Bolt in as a sort of drive pin. Just so there is something mechanical connecting the two pieces, not just weld. Also I will be buying new bearings, of course ;)

- Chris

Comment

fuck the server and its 500 issues
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X