No announcement yet.

e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thing did go to the dyno again...a while ago now.... it also fucked up again. much less serious though. The rear gearbox seal has been leaking for some time and on the dyno the gearbox oil was ejected on the first run at 1 bar.

Plumbing in the screamer pipe has killed the top end, only made 163kw on 9 psi, down from 190kw! at 14psi we got 210kw.

Will be back on the dyno for hopefully the last time this Saturday, screamer pipe will not be merged for the majority. Only being refitted towards the end to check the mixtures. Going to dial in 230-240 and call it a day. Aiming for a day at Wakefield the following weekend.
    - Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

funny how this post is the polar opposite to the last. Another trip to the dyno. More drama, much more terminal.

I recon I found the reason the screamer had such an effect......

beginning to wonder if the thread title has me jinxed. Had my last uni exam Wednesday so finished lifting out the engine today and stripped it down. The piston is as expected. Well fucked. But I wasn't expecting it to be THAT bad.

View from the top

Plans are already in place. My spare block, that had already been bored, honed and decked, will be sent out for line honing to suit the ARP main studs and with the help of a New Piston to parts will be screwed together once again and we should be good to go. A blocked injector was the cause of all this drama and I believe it was blocked for quite some time, but not completely. Was working well enough not to throw the AFR's or EGT's off majorly but as I only had the one sensor in the collector all we saw was a rise in temps. Lesson learned and 4 EGT probes and a suitable amplifier has been purchased.

I have taken the opportunity to splurge further and will be installing a 45L fuel cell, deleting the VERY nicely positioned factory tank in favour of simplifying the fuel system. The weight distribution change is a lil less than ideal but deleting the lift pump and surge tank arrangement has it's benefits in my eyes. Should also mean the exhaust will have much less of a "preheating" effect on the fuel.

Anyway thats enough of my drama. Time to move forward and take the steps to get it going again! Importantly it was doing the dance before it gave up the ghost completely, Worth pointing out these numbers are on 3.5 Cylinders! 238kw on 15psi and 250kw on 17psi

- Chris

Comment

Far Canal Chris.
        Good job on not letting it beat you. Once its sorted it will be all worth while.
        So close, so very close
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
        first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

That piston is faaaarked but as Glenn said, it will be worth while once it's all sorted.
          M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

Had a minor win. Visited my engine machinist yesterday with the busted block along for the ride. He had a quick play with it and recons we will be able to hone out the metal deposition with minimal damage left behind. So no trip to Sydney with the spare block just yet.
            - Chris

Comment

You have had some bad luck dude. Hopefully third times the charm. It is the thrid time isn't it.

250kw is going to be crazy on the E30
              sigpic

Comment

I think I'm well on my way. The engine all things aside, was running super sweet. 240/250 will be easy on the engine and more than spastic in an E30 that tips the scales around 1050kg's, it'll be way under tyred at this power level, should make for some good fun times

I think third time was a while ago though.
                - Chris

Comment

And so it begins again:

Crank Torque to spec:

- Chris

Comment

And the EGT Kit

- Chris

Comment

I think you just like seeing the inside of your engine :p
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                      first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Hey I now know for sure that at a minimum the bearings are sweet as! Shame it cost me a piston though : / Got some more goodies arriving this weekend but will be way to pissed to do anything with them, woot engagement party with large bar tab :D
                        - Chris

Comment

Keep up the good work Chris!

Comment

Had your torque wrench calibrated lately?
                            Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

need more time in the day! getting some uni stuff out of the way for tomorrow then I can tackle the bottom end assembly :)

Got a new one recently Mr Iain
                              - Chris

Comment

Sounds like you need to speak to signor El Esse Juan. :P
                                Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Working...
                                X