No announcement yet.

e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sump got glittered again. Once I work out the status of the insides I will be selling the engine "suit rebuild" or as parts only. I can't take anymore disappointment. I know I will have fun in the dirt and I am hoping a Standard BMW engine will be reliable.
    - Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Wow man, that's an incredible string of bad luck -- sorry to hear. :(

Comment

Shit luck mate! Get a M3 2.5L, and if you like boost put a snail on that!

Track car

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=2214204

Street car

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=307890

Comment

s'all good bought a GTiR crank, have ordered a replacement rod and booked it in with the machinist. Should be back at the next BMW supersprint. Finish the session set some times and put a forsale sign on it. I shouldn't have re-used the bearings after the lean out, but I did and here we are. Fix it and move on.

Have a M54B30 and M50B25 package on route and a couple of compact shells sitting around. Probably most definitely going dirt instead.
          - Chris

Comment

What is an E30 compact?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
            first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Still have the old e30 m42?
              If its any good I'd like to put it in my 318i sedan

PM me
              We're out there in here.

Comment

Didn't see your post Glenn...E36 Compacts, got two shells kicking round needing a purpose :)

Hey sorry havent replied yet Budnunta, will do
                - Chris

Comment

Chris, what are you doing/have done with the engine mounts when you moved the engine back. Is it more upright than stock?
                  Last edited by dsm2002; 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing Dave, I don't have them anymore but I know where they and the sump to suit them are......not sure if Ben is planning on using them or not yet.
                    - Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. I have updated the PF thread. Did those mounts straighten up the engine much? Looking for more room for extractors
                      sigpic

Comment

I am thinking of standing the engine (more?) upright to allow for room for the extractors, something like ...
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Haha no reply for youuuuuuuuu. Sorry mate, didn't get a notification. My mounts have only clocked the engine around 10-15 degrees.

That build looks nice, got a link?

I have mine going now :)

Better pics and such when I have time, busy preparing it for the Mattara Hillclimb this October long weekend. I am running in the club day event on the Monday because all my mates are but anyway.

So Basic Specs:

BMW M42 (1.8L 4 Cylinder)
                          CP Pistons
                          ARP Rod Bolts, Main Studs, Oversize Headstuds
                          O-ringed Head and Block, Copper Headgasket
                          Cat Cams, VAC Motorsport Springs and Retainers
                          Custom Rear Sump
                          Garret GT3076R, 0.63 Rear Housing, Tial MVR 44 on custom Manifold
                          DTA S60 still running the show
                          Fuel Cell, 2 x 044's, 1600 Bosch Injectors and a bunch of other supporting mods.

I have changed to a Getrag G260 (325i trans) overdrive transmission and a 3.46 rear end, this is good for a touch over 200 in 4th and should mean I don't have to change to 5th at Wakefield.

There has been a whole pile of background developments but they are for later. Right now I am going to drive the wheels off this thing and put the development program on hold, I am well sick of wrenching.
                          - Chris

Comment

Right on! Great results.
                            -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

so awesome to see your car come together, man!

Comment

Woot woot
                                We're out there in here.

Comment

Working...
                                X