X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
    Try giving it a little heat that should free it up
    I'll have to give that a shot, thanks

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

So this happened. drove through some water & didn't realize just how deep it was. As soon as I rolled into it the motor cut and died. Had to call up JohnnyCash to drag me back to the shop.

Then I helped out some a friend in spec miata on pit road.

Ended up snagging a bigger TB03 turbo at the junkyard as soon as school got out for spring. Put it all back together to have the 3" exhaust be about an inch too long at the top of the downpipe

So I'm back to the 2 foot dump tube straight to the ground. It's so LOUD. I forgot how much quieter the straight pipes made it. I had to go back to school for summer though before I had a chance to get the 3" set up welded Onto the pics!

Cleaned it up a little. Old vs New

Had to clock the CHRA to relocate the oil feed and drain.

Due to it being a different type of turbo it had a different oil feed size. Just my luck:p At first I bought this flange from speed & truck world and was going to drill and tap it to retain the feed line I already had to cut down on spending.

The bold ended up being 1mm too small so I would need to add material to the flange rather than remove it. So I returned the flange and returned to the junkyard!

From there I went and matched up a nut to the oil feed banjo bolt at Broward Bolt & bought it. Then my friend welded it to the factory flange after it was drilled out and flattened on a belt sander.

Removed the turbo

Also managed to run the water lines to the turbo.

Then almost didn't make it back up to Gainesville, the car was getting lean spikes until it was cutting out half the time. Made it though and later discovered it was the fuel pump relay. Replaced it with the O2 relay and it's good to go.

Before I found out it was the relay I suspected the fuel pump itself. So i removed it to run some tests and the tank looks like it's holding up great! I would definitely recommend the POR 15 gas tank sealer to anyone who might need it.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Glad you got the spiking issue figured out brother. Can't wait to see you back in SoFla again. The turd rips.

Comment

Nice car, just dug threw every page. Tons of motivation!

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post

Hey, nice work in the Courtyards parking lot! I lived in the building in the background of this picture for 5 years. My e30 was usually parked in that little covered space. funny stuff!
            S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
            What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Thanks DurtyE30, I'm glad it's not the fuel pump8-)

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
              Hey, nice work in the Courtyards parking lot! I lived in the building in the background of this picture for 5 years. My e30 was usually parked in that little covered space. funny stuff!
              Yeah man! Gainesville has been good to me so far. I can't believe you recognized that, small world

Comment

So these came in the mail

The new BIGGER turbo running MORE boost is so much fun

Comment

How big is the compressor o ring in the kit? Mine fell apart when i removed the cover to clean it.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Approximately 5" in diameter I'd say, maybe a tad smaller.

Comment

My passenger rear wheel needed a new valve stem because it was leaking 10-15 psi a day so I got that sorted today at a local tire shop. Also took the chance to take a few pictures.

Comment

Recently drove to Tallahassee & back, no problems! I need to replace the passenger rear drive axel though, it's very loud at high speeds :p But everything else is holding up great! 12 psi running strong :D The water cooling helps whenever I'm moving, but in bumper to bumper traffic the temp gauge begins to creep towards the 1/2 mark. I think the clutch may be starting to go too, but only because of the high mileage it has on it. It isn't slipping, but it chatters sometimes if I'm not 100% on with r3v matching gears.

Comment

I have to say..this is probably the best thread i've sat and read start to..uhm finish? obviously not for you dude:o but if you could would you mind throwing a $number for that first boost setup?? looked badass for what it was and more respect for piecing it all together!

Comment

I'll have to measure mine. Interested in selling the o-ring?
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by mzollo View Post
                              I have to say..this is probably the best thread i've sat and read start to..uhm finish? obviously not for you dude:o but if you could would you mind throwing a $number for that first boost setup?? looked badass for what it was and more respect for piecing it all together!
                              Thanks bud I'd say after looking at my spread sheet I spent ~350. Some things I got for free, like the intercooler piping. Other things like the m30 AFM, I traded for(a Condor T-shirt).

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              I'll have to measure mine. Interested in selling the o-ring?
                              I actually don't have it anymore. I sold my old turbo

Comment

Read through this thread a while back and forgot to comment, this is probably one of my favorite e30's here, its got personality and it actually is well taken care of!

Can you explain this belina tight thing to me? I must've missed it!

My Transaction Feedback
                                My "build" thread
                                BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Working...
                                X