Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's the real deal right there!

Comment

Very interesting. I have a similiar setup sitting in my garage. Just different plumbing and intercooler. And of course a GE intake boot. Any plans to dyno?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
        And of course a GE intake boot. Any plans to dyno?
        Silicon intake boot is high on my to do list. I have a brand new stock one zip tied up, and it's holding...for now:p I would like to get it on the dyno, but right now I just spent my money on a whole weekend of HPDE in Homestead(March 23-24th)!!

So in other news, I finally got around to putting in the front struts. The rear Bilsteins are blown, so I'll get them rebuilt later down the road, but I have some KYB gas-adjust shocks that are working just fine for now. I also swapped the front springs for some 4" hypercoil 400lbs ones I purchased from Einstein57. The car is much smoother now, I no longer feel every bump in the road, reflector, branch, or paint line anymore:pimp:

Out with the old....
        warning:super old picture!!

And in with the new!

Comparing the new & old

The passenger side strut was destroyed!

I decided now would be a good time to shorten the bump stops, so here's the regular length

Ended up taking off just the first nub

Also had to raise the perches up because the new springs are 3' shorter than the old(7'')

And here's where it all took place!

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Props for working on your car in that sandwiched between 2 others!

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
            Props for working on your car in that sandwiched between 2 others!
            Haha, thanks man, the parking lot has treated me well so far:D

Here's some pictures of the smaller filter, finally allowed me to put my 4th headlight back in!

Then Hans came over & decided to critique my turbo set up:giggle:

I also just got this in the mail as of a few minutes ago!!!

Now I don't need to keep making turbo gaskets every few weeks:mrgreen:

And just a few more days until this:eeek:
            Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 03-17-2013, 04:58 PM.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Went to Sebring this past weekend & did HPDE. Had a blast! Here's some pics.

Hanging out with some friends.

Came in WAYYY to early on the toilet bowl here lmao

And my cat just couldn't wait to see me as soon as I got back home
              Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 03-27-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I don't see any pics!

Comment

Scroll up

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Fixed...I think

Comment

I see them now. Good stuff!

Comment

Ordered a new Moog front passenger wheel bearing/hub. Apparently according to some old threads Moog hubs come with FAG bearings, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now. I may have broken a rocker as well, updates to come

Comment

Why u no have videos!?

Comment

Started on the wheel bearing in the parking lot. Still waiting on the spindle nut to finish it, but that should be here Thursday. Then I can drive to the junkyard to get a "new" drive axel to replace mine. The boot tore a few months ago & I just let it go. So of course it filled with grease and dirt and now the CV joint is bad, but that's another story. Thankfully it's a quick item to change lol. On to the pics!

Quick overview of the special stuff I had to get. 36mm thin wall socket, 3 jaw puller, replacement Moog bearing.

The beginning:

Studs out! Need to grab some loctite for when I re-install them. Also punched out the crush section of the spindle nut with a hammer & flat head.

Rotor & spindle nut off

A peek inside of a noisy, old wheel bearing

Test fitted the puller a few times. The threaded rod kept trying to thread into the spindle:evil:

Here was my solution. A 3 inch 3/8'' extension

It's off:ohsnap:

Pics of the old beast

Took the brake dust shields off. Still had to get the inner grease cap off since I got a new one:p

Old parts! I'm planning on making some new fancy brake shields, so this guy will stay off;)

And here's all the old bearing stuff. The inner race got stuck on the spindle when I removed the bearing so I had to go back in for round II to get it off. Came out easy:D

And the current state of things

Yes, I know my ball joints are shot. I have new ones ready to go in once I get a ball joint puller.

Comment

looking good belina!

Comment

Quick question for any of you who have used the MonkeyMadness 524 td manifold adaptors, what's a cost friendly gasket set?

Also, I finished the wheel bearing install, painted my exhaust black, changed my wastegate block plate gasket, and took a video. Car only has 6psi in it though, I need a stronger wg spring:(

Comment

Working...
                                X