Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot of everything

Stored away for the night

Then came the best part so far. The final primer, or just about, I have a few spots I need to touch up. After everything was taped off the work began!

Carlos came over and helped spray the whole car

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Get a load of this, one color, super smooth, thank god I waited:D

Then there was one trouble spot where I need to fix. The paint reacted with something there so Ill lightly block sand it and spot prime it. The it should be ready for the final sand

And now you're caught up on the past two months! Hopefully big news next week:pimp:

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Wooot!

Comment

And now I'm trying to take the ellips apart to smoke them

Got one lense off! Using just a hair dryer, in no rush and I'm not so keen on tossing car parts in the oven
        Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 01-30-2012, 06:57 PM.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Decided to make the headliner black, and boy am I happy that I did;)

Comment

Carry on young man, carry on
            ... Greased Monkey ...

Comment

It's been painted for a few weeks now, but since I no longer have a working computer I can't post any of the pictures :(

Comment

nothing but respect!
                E30 Project in progress......

Comment

Haha, thanks man. Now I need to do the front main seal since I seem to be leaking a lot of oil there, find some shorter springs for the rear, do the water pump, CSB, and then bewst it?

Comment

Good job man, been watching since you brought this rat home =)
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Well I recieved my order from Blunt: csb, fuel filter, Tstat O-ring, front main seal. I installed the fuel filter, and my new transmission mounts and motor mounts from Condor Speed Shop. They make a world of difference! Ill have to post some pics later, great products from both sides.

Comment

You work hard man, serious rags to riches. Just goes to show even a young guy on a budget can get anything done if he's willing to put enough work into it.

MAD props to you.

Comment

Amazing to see this car come soo far. You have truely brought this car back from the dead! Excellent job cant wait to see final outcome. Do you want to do mine next? ;)
                          How did you make your headliner black did you paint it or replace the fabric?
                          Last edited by e30conv; 03-30-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Man, I really need to stay more on top of this thing!

Here's a mash up of what has gone down:p

Then comes along "Piles" who tries to work his magic on this terrible looking monster

What a dream boat right???

Then shit goes down:-x We decide to make some bad decisions and wait a few hours before the next coat instead of following directions and shooting 20 minutes later. Needless to say, things did not work out too well....runs in the paint, flat spots, metal flake looks is runny, you can see paint lines. FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML:hitler:

On top of that, when we painted the hood, bumpers, and trunk outside they looked near perfect with the first coat. But then it starts raining cats and dogs out of nowhere and they aren't quite perfect. The rain hits the paint minutes after it was sprayed, most likely 10-15 minutes, and the paint is dimpled. The water comes down, hits the tacky paint, creates divots, and then the paint dries with the divots.

But you must live with the hand you're deals, so I push on.
                            Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 04-02-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

So the car is reassembled and driving now.

Then after trying and switching many things at the shop to figure out why the car would randomly stall and cut out, we found out that the gas tank was full of rust & clogging things up!

Said culpret:

Then the is spoiler was added...

Much more has happened since, I'll add more pictures/info when I find some free time

Comment

you painted it yourself? damn i needa paint mines too! good job man big ups

Comment

Working...
                                X