No announcement yet.

Absorbantnut's '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trunk was painted this weekend! Boy did that one suck. Took forever to get it ready to paint:hitler: Basically just wire wheeled & grinded everything down. Got rid of all the car residue, & then roughed up with some sandpaper. That got me to this point

Then I painted & ended up with this Much better looking than before!

Now I need to go and get some more activator for the primer so I can paint the rear clip of the car & finish welding up the rear quarter and rocker panel! So much to do and schools coming up quick:weak:

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Nice progress man!... i want to see that thing painted already lol, i know you will do a nice job!.
      no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

good work man, keep it up
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop?? ;-)
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        But of course
        E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Hey that's coming along great!!
          Originally posted by LJ851
          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
          #teamross
          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Hahaha, thanks guys. Well I've gotten some more work done on it lately. Got the carpet back in, as well as the front door panels & dash. Now I'm trying to get everything working in the dash again:p It's really cool to see it look like a regular car on the inside again.

Also installed some of this stuff a few weeks ago...

Then it went into the car:D

That was a very fun experience. Thank god for Luke. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that without his help & unbeatable expertice. It sounds FANTASTIC & I would have to reccomend getting a Luke box if you are thinking of installing a sub-woofer into your e30. It sounds crazy inside the cabin, and when you put your head in the trunk you can barely hear anything. Basically 100% of the bass is channeled into the cabin.

Ill have to get some pics of the interior later, doesnt look too bad

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Comment

Well put some more of the interior in. Rear carpet, right rear interior panel, & tidied up the HVAC area. Also looked back on the first page of the thread & saw how bad it looked when I first got it almost a year ago. At least it looks a little better:p

Comment

I will be selling my MINT card sport seat soon. If you would like first take me me know. Your seats are sad and you have been doing outstanding work. I don't see you living with that shit!

Good job man over all =)

FYI, "track" cars don't have bumpin' beats ;)
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

You guys should check out my for sale thread & buy stuff. Seriously, check it out

Comment

I wouldnt' worry about your weld job on the rear quarter. Grind it down, re-tack any places that aren't attached, and continue untill attached fully. You'll get better with each step. There is nothing wrong with flux core, but clean surfaces are a must. You don't need to prime the oustide metal before welding, just the inside.

Anyways great project, at first I was thinking your poor neighbours with that hunk sitting in the driveway, as I thought you'd loose steam, but man you're rocking it!

Following intently.

Comment

Originally posted by lostininglewood View Post
                        I wouldnt' worry about your weld job on the rear quarter. Grind it down, re-tack any places that aren't attached, and continue untill attached fully. You'll get better with each step. There is nothing wrong with flux core, but clean surfaces are a must. You don't need to prime the oustide metal before welding, just the inside.

Anyways great project, at first I was thinking your poor neighbours with that hunk sitting in the driveway, as I thought you'd loose steam, but man you're rocking it!

Following intently.
                        Ok, thanks for the tips. Hopefully I can get the welding finished up next week, and paint some more! I picked up some more sand paper so I can paint the roof and passenger rear quarter. I need to get around to doing that, and then stripping the paint on the weaves! I really need to pick up a wire brush for that.

Made the rear cut for the lukebox this weekend(pretty panel). Ill have to post some pictures of that, but I think I'm going to make another one, I made this one following the template where it would sit flush against the back of the box. I have an amp there though, so it sits about 3 inches further out. Not a big deal tho, it still looks great in my opinion:D

Comment

Just pictures for now, descriptions will be added later...

Right here I started sanding the roof

Getting rid of dents

Wetsanding this beyotch

Getting rid of more dents

Even more

Masking off. If you have to mask off, go to the dollar store & buy a bunch of wrapping paper. It seriously makes everything x100000000 easier

Getting in the Christmas spirit

Masking off the rear windshield

Finally painting the roof

It has a lot of orange peel:( Oh well, I think I had the settings wrong on the gun as things turned out much better on the Pass quarter when I painted that next:p

While waiting for the bondo to cure I decided to strip one of the weaves. Not too bad for ~10 minutes

Work on the rear quarter begins!!

And the paint! The rear window ended up collapsing inwards & bashing the paint as you can sorta see

Looks pretty good tho!

Slowly but surely, it's coming:o
                          Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 09-07-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Do WORK, son!
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            #teamross
                            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

I need to get some more activatoooooooooooooor. Hopefully going to weld some more this weekend too!

Comment

Rags to riches, I applaud your perseverance!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Working...
                                X